Petrol station finder

This is abit of a random maybe stupid question but if you don’t ask you don’t know.

Is there such a website or program that will find you a station that has a HGV pump ?

I am off to Hull tomorrow and then Thrisk from Ipswich and I would like to find a Tesco or a Texaco somewhere up there or on way back. I know tesco does a app but it doesn’t state if the stations have a HGV pump ? I know some petrol stations you can’t get under the canopy I do not wish to be caught out again as I nearly did once.

It’s proberly a stupid question but just got me thinking it would make life quick and easy if there is or was something

If you have a smart phone then try the app Fuelcards.co.uk or erouteuk.

keebs26uk:
This is abit of a random maybe stupid question but if you don’t ask you don’t know.

Is there such a website or program that will find you a station that has a HGV pump ?

I am off to Hull tomorrow and then Thrisk from Ipswich and I would like to find a Tesco or a Texaco somewhere up there or on way back. I know tesco does a app but it doesn’t state if the stations have a HGV pump ? I know some petrol stations you can’t get under the canopy I do not wish to be caught out again as I nearly did once.

It’s proberly a stupid question but just got me thinking it would make life quick and easy if there is or was something

If you do become desperate to fuel up, just drop your trailer and then your unit should be able to go under the canopy where cars fill up.

We have to fill up at either a Flying J or Pilot (the later of which are crap). I downloaded the FJ/Pilot app to my phone and it will show me where the nearest one is, it also acts as a free navigation system, I enter the start and finish, it sends me on the best route for trucks and tells me the location of each Flying J or Pilot along the route.
Surely if you download the app for whatever fuel chain you use it will do the same ?

Texaco and Tesco both have apps for smart phones which allow you to search where they have facilities.

The Texaco one has extras such as HGV fuel lanes HGV parking etc

Post what fuel cards you have and someone will tell you. I use the bp app along with fuel cards app as we use uk fuels.

Keyfuels have an App for stations that take their cards, the App allows you find station for cars or hgv’s.
Using an iphone it shows all station near your location, when selected a particular station gives you details
ie: opening times, hgv fuel, postcode, phone number and how far it is from your location.
Hope it helps

There is an app called roadpal which will give you the nearest petrol station or services from your location. Has got me out the zb before.

I have a Texaco card that can be used in Tesco too I’m still trying to find an app for this card that will show if a station has hgv fuel. I have been on tesco app and found stations that I can’t get into due to height. I try and fill up before I leave for a delivery but sometimes after a 6 hour drive you tend to need to fill up again on the way back

All the petrol stations are on my Prat Nav
Paul

Tesco and Texaco both have apps for iPhone. You can also get a truckers handbook which gives services information.

Your fuel card might even have an app. Diesels direct and key fuels do

HTH

keebs26uk:
I have a Texaco card that can be used in Tesco too I’m still trying to find an app for this card that will show if a station has hgv fuel. I have been on tesco app and found stations that I can’t get into due to height. I try and fill up before I leave for a delivery but sometimes after a 6 hour drive you tend to need to fill up again on the way back

Wtf how small is your tank to need filling up after 6 hours of driving? Either that or you flat to the mat EVERYWHERE! I regularly get over 1300k before I even need to think about putting fuel in and that’s on a 400lt tank running fully loaded 70-80% of the time.

I drive at 54 mph not too slow and not too fast just right. It’s a small tank only holds £280 worth Its a ridgid. Ok I will do some research thanks