Petrol diesel hit all time high

bloomberg.com/news/articles/ … -s-cheaper

Carryfast:
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Edit.

Carryfast:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-09/uk-sends-billions-of-litres-of-petrol-to-us-where-it-s-cheaper

404 message

Hot pursuits are getting too expensive with the high cost of petrol over the pond:mrgreen: A number of police forces in America have spent most of their fuel budgets (96%) with months to go before they can get another annual fuel budget, Sheriff Beauford T Justice would not be amused :grimacing: :grimacing:

lancpudn:
Hot pursuits are getting too expensive with the high cost of petrol over the pond:mrgreen: A number of police forces in America have spent most of their fuel budgets (96%) with months to go before they can get another annual fuel budget, Sheriff Beauford T Justice would not be amused :grimacing: :grimacing:

Obviously don’t want Tesla law cars for some reason.

As I normally do around 15000 miles annually, and keep my vehicles for a good number of years, I had my Dodge dayvan converted to LPG when I got it three and a half years ago, although it still has petrol (in my case it has to be the more expensive and not as easy to find E5 stuff) for starting and as a reserve. This morning I paid £2.00 per litre for the petrol, £50 quid for just less than a quarter tank at my local garage. I normally pay 79.7 pence per litre for LPG at Morrisons, but was more than delighted to fill up (77.78 litres) at just 66.9 pence per litre this afternoon at, of all places, a Motorway Services - take a bow, Woodhall Services !

Carryfast:

Carryfast:
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Edit.

Nowt like rubbing salt in the wounds eh!. :open_mouth:

The differential is widening as well…

…not just between Unleaded and Diesel but also between E5 (former “premium unleaded” now…) and the new fangled E10 which rusts your bloody engine…

Winseer:
The differential is widening as well…

…not just between Unleaded and Diesel but also between E5 (former “premium unleaded” now…) and the new fangled E10 which rusts your bloody engine…

If the low octane rating doesn’t blow holes in the pistons first.
My Zafira hates the stuff with very bad knocking issues but runs fine on V power eyc.My ears also tell me that some outlets are sometimes flogging E10 as E5 at an E5 price in that regard.
Who’s going to check what they are selling at the pump.

Ouch! Fuel prices set a new record again today. fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-in … costs-fall

lancpudn:
Ouch! Fuel prices set a new record again today. fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-in … costs-fall

It’s clear that it’s all a deliberate carbon rationing by price and taxation scam to incentivise EV take up and the peasants can go by bus.
So that Bozo can export it to places like Mexico where it’s around £1 per litre.
Also wouldn’t be surprised if the air chaos is also more about fuel cost issues and meeting CO2 figures and saving some for the military if Boris finally manages to kick off WW3 v Russia.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
And worse still to come regards Particulate Matter 2.5 (PM2.5) The UK environment act has always mirrored the EU emissions standards almost to the letter except for PM2.5. The EU uses the limit of 10 micrograms/cubic metre (WHO-10) whilst the UK limit is 20 micrograms/cubic metre.
The W.H.O. has now set a target of 5 micrograms/cubic metre for Net zero countries which means the UK will be 4 times higher than the new W.H.O. recommendations. I cant find any exact answer as what this will entail for the UK except that the UK PM 2.5 limit will be ‘updated sometime this year’

What will that do to CAZ’s of allowing some older cars into the zone who don’t comply to Euro 6? Any diesel without a catalytic converter would surely be banned. All those mobile & fixed air quality sensors around the country/motorways/towns/cities will have to be re-calibrated otherwise the red alarm bells will be going off as if WWlll has started. :open_mouth:

Diesel is a filthy fuel.The consumption advantage over petrol has already been effectively cancelled out by pump prices let alone the cost of maintaining emissions equipment.
Spark ignition also provides more potential for alternative fuel use.
We’re also self sufficient in petrol supply but North Sea Brent isn’t so good for diesel so diesel is import dependent.
Last but not least it just provides ammunition to the anti car/truck use zealots.
There is now no case for continuing the use of diesel especially given a cut in duty and VAT on petrol.
While the government should abandon net zero.Which is actually just net stupid to the advantage of Commy China.

Paris thinks so, They’re phasing out diesel vehicles by 2024 :open_mouth: euractiv.com/section/air-po … s-by-2030/

Does anyone have an electric car or hybrid? What percentage downhill can the regen stop it accelerating without any brakes?
The tunnels here in Norway under the fjords are 7% and 7km long. Needs 3rd gear and the engine screaming to save my brakes.

stu675:
Does anyone have an electric car or hybrid? What percentage downhill can the regen stop it accelerating without any brakes?
The tunnels here in Norway under the fjords are 7% and 7km long. Needs 3rd gear and the engine screaming to save my brakes.

I test drove an MG 5 on Sunday with KERS set to 3 it would slow you down quite rapidly on a mild hill

stu675:

A hill of that incline & length would dump a huge amount of regen charge back in the main battery pack & would slow you down without touching your brakes very much at all, Free electrons :smiley:
The strongest of the three levels of regen on my MG ZS EV wont bring you to a complete stop like some BEV’s but it slows down to a crawl. It’s surprising how little I need to use the brakes on it other than dabbing the pedal to completely stop.

Record high prices of petrol & diesel on Sunday 26th June despite wholesale prices dropping. :open_mouth: .
Petrol £191.05/litre
Diesel £199.09/litre
fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … nificantly
My petrol lawnmower is on loan to a family member, I think he will have it for quite a while as I ain’t paying that much to those robbing barstewards, I’ll use my hover mower.

lancpudn:
Record high prices of petrol & diesel on Sunday 26th June despite wholesale prices dropping. :open_mouth: .
Petrol £191.05/litre
Diesel £199.09/litre
fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … nificantly

It’s all about the government trying to rig the price with carbon taxes piled on top of duty and 20% VAT.Nothing to do with wholesale prices.
In a desperate attempt to push more mugs into EV’s at 50p per kWh then they’ll hit that with similar tax.
That will mean the equivalent of £12 per gallon.

It’s getting squeaky bum time for diesel! Europe are rushing to stock their storage tanks with Russian diesel before the refined products ban kicks in on the 5th February, Europe’s A.R.A. gas oil storage tanks have to be empty of Russian products by the end of this month :open_mouth:
Are we going to get enough USA freedom diesel or diesel from the head choppers to suffice?
euractiv.com/section/transp … an-begins/

lancpudn:
It’s getting squeaky bum time for diesel! Europe are rushing to stock their storage tanks with Russian diesel before the refined products ban kicks in on the 5th February, Europe’s A.R.A. gas oil storage tanks have to be empty of Russian products by the end of this month :open_mouth:
Are we going to get enough USA freedom diesel or diesel from the head choppers to suffice?
euractiv.com/section/transp … an-begins/

The writing was on the wall for diesels long before this.The advantage in fuel consumption was wiped out by the escalating pump price and the costs of all the emissions junk.
I’m surprised that commercial vehicle manufacturers and users haven’t realised it.
But tying cleaner burning and alternative fuel capable spark ignition engines, to the same agenda, is equally if not more stupid.

engineering.com/story/after- … ay-be-dead

Below the radar after the Budget, a 12p + 3p VAT price rise in diesel pencilled in for the end of March 2023. :frowning:

Expected to raise £5.7bn.