Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

lancpudn:
ICE’s are becoming too hot to handle & public enemy number 1 it seems. Not only are they being regulated by emissions but now noise pollution cameras :open_mouth: Paris has ANPR sound cameras to crack down on noise levels :open_mouth: I wonder when we will see them over here? rideapart.com/news/558710/f … ests-2022/

Paris doesn’t mean all of France .
I’ll let you know what happens when I take the Jag over there.No silencers and only straight through rear sports boxes which I might also remove by then.
If not the Zafira is more than quiet enough.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
ICE’s are becoming too hot to handle & public enemy number 1 it seems. Not only are they being regulated by emissions but now noise pollution cameras :open_mouth: Paris has ANPR sound cameras to crack down on noise levels :open_mouth: I wonder when we will see them over here? rideapart.com/news/558710/f … ests-2022/

Paris doesn’t mean all of France .
I’ll let you know what happens when I take the Jag over there.No silencers and only straight through rear sports boxes which I might also remove by then.
If not the Zafira is more than quiet enough.

They’re installed in the cities of Lyon & Nice too, €135 fine automatically sent out for noisy barstewards :grimacing: .

Don’t think we’ve seen this before?
For myself I doubt it’s the future but it would be nice if it was.
moto-station.com/moto-revue/act … ene/527331

Franglais:

BMW already have experience with Hydrogen ICE and have stated an intention not to give up on ICE powered vehicles.
Hydrogen ICE meets customer preference and the 2030 requirements.
What’s not to like.Other than it’s all nuke energy dependent and plenty of time for justified fears, if not costs, in that regard to derail the whole electric dependency captive market scam.
While Japan, like Germany, obviously has o
deep seated issues with dependency on nuke energy regardless.
It would obviously be commercial suicide to write off ICE in that environment.More likely that we’ll see a U turn on fossil fuel before 2030.Ongoing demand for gas and oil around the world proves no stomach for the nuke fuelled utopia.

Carryfast:

Franglais:

BMW already have experience with Hydrogen ICE and have stated an intention not to give up on ICE powered vehicles.
Hydrogen ICE meets customer preference and the 2030 requirements.
What’s not to like.Other than it’s all nuke energy dependent and plenty of time for justified fears, if not costs, in that regard to derail the whole electric dependency captive market scam.
While Japan, like Germany, obviously has o
deep seated issues with dependency on nuke energy regardless.
It would obviously be commercial suicide to write off ICE in that environment.More likely that we’ll see a U turn on fossil fuel before 2030.Ongoing demand for gas and oil around the world proves no stomach for the nuke fuelled utopia.

“Hydrogen ICE meets customer preference”?
I’m sure it’s your preference, but is that a general case? Supported by?

Re: High electricity & gas prices!

Postby lancpudn » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:07 am
All the big European auto makers (with a few exceptions VW in particular) are pinning their hopes on any form of hydrogen/bio-fuels ICE manufacture over electric & are lobbying the EU green deal/Euro 7 policy makers like crazy because they’re going to be dead in the water otherwise. They haven’t a cat in hells chance of competing with the Chinese on BEV price/technology/quality. Their once bread & butter markets in China are no more, The Chinese market is shunning the big German brands for their own national brands, That’s never ever happened before. The Germans know how to screw a car together but they’re way behind the Chinese in software technology, All the mandatory joint ventures they’ve had over the years with the big European car makers has paid off as the Chinese BEV brands are up there with them in quality nowadays.
“They’re likened to selling old Nokia phones whereas the Chinese are selling Smart phones for the same price”. Big Chinese auto makers SAIC, BYD, X-Peng, NIO, Zeekre, GAC, Great Wall, Geely, Li Auto, Dongfeng automobiles, Aiways off the top of my head are on the cusp of mass export of BEV’s around the world car markets at a price they’ll never be able to match. :open_mouth: youtube.com/watch?v=ggxZYHzY5mg

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Supported by the fact of a collapsed new car market because of ICE sales restrictions.
A thriving booming ICE used car market.
Not to mention the fuel tax breaks needed to bribe people to buy EVs.But even with all that they still aren’t out selling ICE powered vehicles.
The truth is few want your unaffordable nuke fuelled utopia and even less will want it if/when one those French nuclear power stations goes rogue in a big way.

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Supported by the fact of a collapsed new car market because of ICE sales restrictions.
A thriving booming ICE used car market.
Not to mention the fuel tax breaks needed to bribe people to buy EVs.But even with all that they still aren’t out selling ICE powered vehicles.
The truth is few want your unaffordable nuke fuelled utopia and even less will want it if/when one those French nuclear power stations goes rogue in a big way.

QED CF, as you’ve eluded the used market for ICE vehicles is rampant with booming prices even for quite mundane cars and many of the EV’s that have found buyers over the last few years and the coming next few will no doubt have shot batteries by 2030 if not before making them unviable. I foresee big U turns ahead!

lancpudn:
Re: High electricity & gas prices!

Postby lancpudn » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:07 am
All the big European auto makers (with a few exceptions VW in particular) are pinning their hopes on any form of hydrogen/bio-fuels ICE manufacture over electric & are lobbying the EU green deal/Euro 7 policy makers like crazy because they’re going to be dead in the water otherwise. They haven’t a cat in hells chance of competing with the Chinese on BEV price/technology/quality. Their once bread & butter markets in China are no more, The Chinese market is shunning the big German brands for their own national brands, That’s never ever happened before. The Germans know how to screw a car together but they’re way behind the Chinese in software technology, All the mandatory joint ventures they’ve had over the years with the big European car makers has paid off as the Chinese BEV brands are up there with them in quality nowadays.
“They’re likened to selling old Nokia phones whereas the Chinese are selling Smart phones for the same price”. Big Chinese auto makers SAIC, BYD, X-Peng, NIO, Zeekre, GAC, Great Wall, Geely, Li Auto, Dongfeng automobiles, Aiways off the top of my head are on the cusp of mass export of BEV’s around the world car markets at a price they’ll never be able to match. :open_mouth: youtube.com/watch?v=ggxZYHzY5mg

The same China which has declared itself exempt from the Paris Accord on developing country grounds.
This isn’t about leaving all the fossil fuel in the ground.
While more western ‘trade’ with China translates directly as more Chinese military spending, all then aimed at us.
While no one can afford to run an EV at 20p + per kWh + taxes + battery costs at any price.Even if they could guarantee the safety of nuclear energy production.

A German study wants the status of biofuels “renewable” status to be removed stating the land mass required to grow alternative fuels is worse for the climate than burning fossil fuels in the first place. That’ll upset BMW. euractiv.com/section/biofue … e-disease/

lancpudn:
A German study wants the status of biofuels “renewable” status to be removed stating the land mass required to grow alternative fuels is worse for the climate than burning fossil fuels in the first place. That’ll upset BMW. euractiv.com/section/biofue … e-disease/

It depends if you view CO2 as a disease.

Biomass, nuclear, solar and biofuels combined are a toxic needless solution to a non existent problem.

Fiat is the latest company to announce it wants rid of it’s fuel burning range of vehicles in Europe after 2027, that’s 7 years earlier than Europe’s fossil fuel ban in 2035. :open_mouth: insideevs.com/news/570026/fiat- … fter-2027/

Ford now separating it’s ICE & BEV into separate businesses with new names, ‘Ford blue’ for their combustion engines & ‘Ford model e’ for their electric cars. :open_mouth: That smacks of distancing the two sides for when the brown stuff hits the fan & the ICE side of the business is bogged down with enormous stranded assets. electrek.co/2022/03/02/ford-ann … ic-future/

lancpudn:
Ford now separating it’s ICE & BEV into separate businesses with new names, ‘Ford blue’ for their combustion engines & ‘Ford model e’ for their electric cars. :open_mouth: That smacks of distancing the two sides for when the brown stuff hits the fan & the ICE side of the business is bogged down with enormous stranded assets. electrek.co/2022/03/02/ford-ann … ic-future/

Wrong take on it, the stranded assets will be BEV’s not even getting to 10 years with shot batteries being unviable.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

Wrong take on it, the stranded assets will be BEV’s not even getting to 10 years with shot batteries being unviable.

It’s obvious that the sales quota regime will require the seperation of the ICE manufacturing for accounting purposes.
The fact that EVs only have 15% market share of new car sales and buyers prefer used ICE to new EV shows the standoff facing manufacturers even 8 years before the new ICE cut off.
The same applies to gas boilers v heat pumps.No one wants the brave new utopia.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

LOL Provide a link to what you are stating then!!! It was Fords investors who voted to separate the two companies, They can see the huge costs that are coming with stranded assets, Even their ICE manufacturing plants & equipment is of no use in BEV manufacture & wont cover the debt in a sell off. I doubt anybody will be manufacturing pure ICE cars in 5 years time, Certainly not for UK/EU markets.
BYD’s new Blade traction battery has a warranty of 500000 kms or 10 years whichever comes first, Tesla are even buying them for their models among other manufacturers.

Ford are signed up to having only electric cars in Europe by 2030 & will have 25 electrified models by 2025 theguardian.com/business/20 … ic-by-2030

Stellantis group are going all in on electric with 75 electric models by 2030. electrive.com/2022/03/02/st … nce-again/

Hyundai is investing $16billion on BEV’s & plans to make 1.87 million EV’s by 2030.jnews.uk/hyundai-plans-to-inves … s-by-2030/

Kia are going to manufacture 14 new BEV’s by 2027 electrek.co/2022/03/03/kia-turn … r-by-2030/

Renault Group’s new sales targets for Europe are 65 per cent electrified vehicles by 2025 and up to 90 per cent purely electric vehicles by 2030. electrive.com/2021/06/30/re … lue-chain/

Nissan is investing $17.6Billion to electrify it’s future. theverge.com/2021/11/29/228 … n-concepts

Honda have teamed up with GM to make & share batteries using GM’s new ultima battery skateboard platform & Honda has also just partnered up with Sony to manufacture BEV’s, Can you imagine the Sony software/infotainment system/playstation that will go into those cars. electrek.co/2022/03/04/sony-wil … qus_thread

VW are now headhunting Huawei’s BEV people, How times have changed.

As for Mercedes Audi & BMW they’re going to be up sheet creek without a paddle if they don’t get their act together, Their car sales are bombing in their bread & butter markets in China, They’re being shunned for national brands which are seen as superior :open_mouth: . If they cant manufacture cars there & sell them there what chance have they got?
Internal combustion engines will be the Norwegian blue parrot in the Monty Python sketch in 2025. :smiley:

lancpudn:

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

LOL Provide a link to what you are stating then!!! It was Fords investors who voted to separate the two companies, They can see the huge costs that are coming with stranded assets, Even their ICE manufacturing plants & equipment is of no use in BEV manufacture & wont cover the debt in a sell off. I doubt anybody will be manufacturing pure ICE cars in 5 years time, Certainly not for UK/EU markets.
BYD’s new Blade traction battery has a warranty of 500000 kms or 10 years whichever comes first, Tesla are even buying them for their models among other manufacturers.

Ford are signed up to having only electric cars in Europe by 2030 & will have 25 electrified models by 2025 theguardian.com/business/20 … ic-by-2030

Stellantis group are going all in on electric with 75 electric models by 2030. electrive.com/2022/03/02/st … nce-again/

Hyundai is investing $16billion on BEV’s & plans to make 1.87 million EV’s by 2030.jnews.uk/hyundai-plans-to-inves … s-by-2030/

Kia are going to manufacture 14 new BEV’s by 2027 electrek.co/2022/03/03/kia-turn … r-by-2030/

Renault Group’s new sales targets for Europe are 65 per cent electrified vehicles by 2025 and up to 90 per cent purely electric vehicles by 2030. electrive.com/2021/06/30/re … lue-chain/

Nissan is investing $17.6Billion to electrify it’s future. theverge.com/2021/11/29/228 … n-concepts

Honda have teamed up with GM to make & share batteries using GM’s new ultima battery skateboard platform & Honda has also just partnered up with Sony to manufacture BEV’s, Can you imagine the Sony software/infotainment system/playstation that will go into those cars. electrek.co/2022/03/04/sony-wil … qus_thread

VW are now headhunting Huawei’s BEV people, How times have changed.

As for Mercedes Audi & BMW they’re going to be up sheet creek without a paddle if they don’t get their act together, Their car sales are bombing in their bread & butter markets in China, They’re being shunned for national brands which are seen as superior :open_mouth: . If they cant manufacture cars there & sell them there what chance have they got?
Internal combustion engines will be the Norwegian blue parrot in the Monty Python sketch in 2025. :smiley:

There are no links available to my own thoughts and opinions :unamused: you don’t seem to have a link for the 500,000 Kms/10 year warranty battery, I’d be interested to read that.

nationalworld.com/lifestyle/ … dy-3594445

This video explains the BYD Blade battery warranty, 1000000 km warranty in China, 500000 km outside China. This guy has just ordered the Atto 3, down under, It will be called the Yuan Pro in Europe youtube.com/watch?v=X8zOFlHwiq8

Carryfast:
http://www.nationalworld.com/lifestyle/cars/evs-less-reliable-than-petrol-and-tesla-is-the-worst-of-all-claims-study-3594445

Yeah I’ve seen those reports, ICE & BEV have as many mixed reports as ever before.