Petitions

Just browsing round the internet cus I’m bored and discovered that you can start a petition on anything just for the sake of it. :open_mouth:

petitions.number10.gov.uk/list/open?cat=521

Specifically :unamused: :unamused:
petitions.number10.gov.uk/HGV-Traffic/
petitions.number10.gov.uk/holdups/
petitions.number10.gov.uk/rural40mph/
petitions.number10.gov.uk/OvertakingLorry/

Reckon some of these people really don’t understand the concept of lorries on the roads and what they actually do!

Think I’ll start a petition to ban stupid petitions :laughing:

Rick B:
Think I’ll start a petition to ban stupid petitions :laughing:

Good idea!

There are four stupid petitions there to start with!

I love that one, the idiot obviously hasn’t realised that long queues of lorries blocking the roads because they’re not allowed to overtake would mean no-one would be able to go anywhere :smiley:

Can you imagine people trying to get of a motorway or dual carriageway when the the nearside lane is just one long queue of lorries blocking every exit :laughing:

If you drive a car, then you are highly likely to have noticed that your average speed on a dual carriageway or some sections of motorway is reduced to around 50mph as opposed to 70mph when articulated lorries begin overtaking each other. There are journey time trials where lorries are not allowed to overtake in existence on certain dual carriageway roads but nothing further appears to be happening, so I believe that it is time to do something about it. My proposition is simply to make it illegal for any vehicle over 7.5 tonnes to overtake between the hours of 06h00 and 20h00 Monday to Friday. This would substantially cut down travelling times on roads that are currently notorious for traffic jams (like the A14, A1 and A38) caused by slow-moving vehicles. Some roads are already close to gridlock without heavy vehicles adding to the problem. Let’s get Britain moving again.

The above measure would stop Lorries on our motorways overtaking each other and blocking the middle lane. This would allow cars to use the middle and overtaking lane permitting free flowing traffic.
It’s especially funny when the petition starter displays their complete lack of knowledge. What’s the ‘middle lane’ if it isn’t an overtaking lane? Why differentiate? It just confirms the person to be a clueless muppet. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

tachograph:
I love that one, the idiot obviously hasn’t realised that long queues of lorries blocking the roads because they’re not allowed to overtake would mean no-one would be able to go anywhere :smiley:

Can you imagine people trying to get of a motorway or dual carriageway when the the nearside lane is just one long queue of lorries blocking every exit :laughing:

If you drive a car, then you are highly likely to have noticed that your average speed on a dual carriageway or some sections of motorway is reduced to around 50mph as opposed to 70mph when articulated lorries begin overtaking each other. There are journey time trials where lorries are not allowed to overtake in existence on certain dual carriageway roads but nothing further appears to be happening, so I believe that it is time to do something about it. My proposition is simply to make it illegal for any vehicle over 7.5 tonnes to overtake between the hours of 06h00 and 20h00 Monday to Friday. This would substantially cut down travelling times on roads that are currently notorious for traffic jams (like the A14, A1 and A38) caused by slow-moving vehicles. Some roads are already close to gridlock without heavy vehicles adding to the problem. Let’s get Britain moving again.

that would cause more problems than they think it will solve typical car drivers. no one will get on or off the motorway.

“Some roads are already close to gridlock without heavy vehicles adding to the problem. Let’s get Britain moving again.”

It seems that by lorries being kept in the inside lane that’s going to solve the gridlock, as if my magic all those lorries would just disappear in a puff of smoke.

And then the final insult - “Let’s get Britain moving again” - erm correct me if I get this wrong, but who is it that actually moves things around Britain? Lorries, by any chance?

Stan

Rick B:
Just browsing round the internet cus I’m bored and discovered that you can start a petition on anything just for the sake of it. :open_mouth:

Why? :unamused:

How do I start a petition to stop people starting petitions.?
regards derek

How about starting a petition to help us Newbies get work? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: