Petition the PM direct

the internet is a fantastic tool and at last the government is using it to make it easy for us all to be heard.
we’ve all helped out by adding our names to petitions both on the internet and in the street/truckstop/truckfest etc.
justice for drivers, pda and truckersworld as well as several others but now you can petition the prime minister directly.

CLICK HERE

to be taken to the relevant site where full instructions on how to raise a petition online can be followed and let the government know exactly what you want and allow thousends of others to add their signature.
this does not prevent you having a seperate petition either online or on paper but can be an addition to it - remember a lot of petioning goes unknown until it is presented to number 10 or another MP etc.
i would think that this site will be watched by MP’s and especially those from the opposition - looking for a good cause to support to earn those much needed votes to gain a seat in the house of commons etc.

I have raised a petition to campagin for foreign trucks to be charged road tax - will post the link when i get it

The Biker:
I have raised a petition to campagin for foreign trucks to be charged road tax - will post the link when i get it

Doesn’t matter how many signatures or how much support you get there won’t be a tax just on foreign trucks. So the petition is going to be a waste of effort unless you are happy for the UK trucks to pay the exact same tax. Under EU law you can’t bring in a tax for trucks from some countries and not charge your own vehicles the same tax. That’s why German and Austrian trucks pay the Maut in their own country and Belgians, Dutch, Luxembourg, Danish and Swedish trucks also have to buy the vignette. If you did succeed you would be bringing another cost to UK hauliers as well. :frowning: :frowning: