Peterlea Trucking

JUST AN UPDATE ABOUT THE KINGS…MURVIN IS OUT,THEN HAD A MASSIVE STROKE,PETER IS IN AUSTRALIA / PERTH AN LOVIN IT,WENT TO SEE HIM APRIL 07,AND NOW MAKING PLANS TO EMMIGRATE OURSELVES.

just before he packed up he ran a globetrotter on cammacks where i used to work, never got a pic of it though, think it was driven by andy kemp who now has an fh on there (sure its the same company)

Does anyone know what happened to Peterlea Trucking. They used to haul machinery in tilts down to the trade shows in Baghdad about 15 years ago and then run empty back up to Munich where they’d load groupage for Hay Pollock back to UK. I used to pull tilts to Germany and sometimes we’d run back together out of GB Spedition just outside Munich

They used to have blue F12 Globetrotters with their own trailers with belly tanks. They used to be based in Braintree in Essex and a lot of the kit they’d haul to the mid-east was Paxmans diesels and Woods fans from Colchester. Pete King was the gaffer but he used to do a lot of the driving as well.

I guess they’ve gone to the wall as I can’t find any mention of them but I’d like to know what happened to the drivers. Are any of them on the forums?

NealT

anybody remember don mottrin m. east

Was talking to a guy that knew Pete quite well, im sure he told me he sold up and went to live in Spain, but will try and find out for you, the only two guys i can recall working for him, and forgive me if ive got the names wrong, but i think Norman used to drive the F16 and im sure the other guy we used to call Gloria
but it was about 14 years ago so im not to sure, I know he did some work to Kuwait after the gulf war, as I seem to recall a guy from Harwich transport wanted to do a trip to the middle east before he emigrated to Australia ( I think)
sure his name was Rosco, sadly he died in an accident in Syria on his way back, will find out more and let you know
Steve

I dont know whether it was the same company but Peter King Trucking was running blue volvos to turkey and greece when I was there.

Lots of names have passed me by with the dementure thing :stuck_out_tongue: What did I say?

Peterlea finished about 3 0r 4 years ago.
I don’t know whether or not Peter went to Spain but Mervin King who I think was his cousin and who drove his own red & gold MAN definately moved to the Marbella area when it all finished.
The Gloria you refer to is my mate Geoff Burton who worked on R.E.Fieldings at Chelmsford with me and who now pulls Grand Prix hospitality trailers about for a company called Knapp Goodwin out of Banbury.

Peter king now lives in Perth in oz.He is doing well and now is in the demolition game.
Myrvin is having a holiday in the south of france (small room with bars),but no drink,i was told the other day that he might be able to come out in feb 2005

yer glos right, Peter has moved to oz and meryn is in the Klink.
To or 3 pubs in braintree have gone bust since they left England, but hey we are in a economic meltdown as any on in transport will tell u.
I can give some advise if u want to make a small fortune in transport?

start off with a big one

merry christmas to all

reguards Andrew

Peter king lives in Australia now , my mates Andy kemp and Phil kemp used to work for him ,Norman Usher who was on GB Express has sadly past away

Norman sadly passed away a year or two ago , had some great times with the lads on there still in touch with Phil kemp and Andy kemp and Peter