PETER ROFF

I think that is TN member "Harry Monk"s old unit, or his old boss`s. Looks great! :smiley:

bullitt:
I think that is TN member "Harry Monk"s old unit, or his old boss`s. Looks great! :smiley:

I think it was Harry monks old boss truck. You can’t see it very well in these shots, but it’s been sprayed in metallic black. The metallic is multi coloured. Subtle but very effective.

Thanks robthedog, she does look better the right way up :laughing: Why wouldn’t the photos turn around for me?

Lovely motor, shame about the dodgy looking spoiler on the roof thou.

more Roff pics please any 1 got any ?

robthedog:
Shes not on her side anymore

Pirate:
Bumped into H7 ROF this morning at WJ Blythe’s yard .

this would look good back in Roffs blue and white livery

Pirate:
Bumped into H7 ROF this morning at WJ Blythe’s yard .

This truck was on show at the Brands Hatch truck racing in April and is painted in a lovely metal flake black. It’s a little tatty round the edges but talking to the guy with it he said it was last painted around 10 years ago so has stood up pretty well really. It is due another make over to make it mint once again.

I’m pretty sure this truck used to pull John Mann trailers to morocco around the turn of the millennium. It was solid black with a ladder and rack at the time instead of the air kit and often running with a white F cab from the same company.

On the subject of ex Roff trucks I was speaking to a Peter Harding driver recently and he had a few of their trucks. He still owns one of the 143 500s apparently.

Cheers
Neilf

so what happened to the company, did he sell up.or go ■■■■ up ?

Truckfest Scotland 2016, sorry about the quality of the pic, my camera is on its road out!

woodcutter:
Truckfest Scotland 2016, sorry about the quality of the pic, my camera is on its road out!

It sounded spot on when it pulled in,there’s a feature on it in next months classic truck mag

Did that truck belong to Peter originally? I just don’t remember him having a right hand drive 450 I know Brian green drove a lhd 450 and terry McMurry drove a lhd 470 and that would be the same era 1990

tvdriver:
Did that truck belong to Peter originally? I just don’t remember him having a right hand drive 450 I know Brian green drove a lhd 450 and terry McMurry drove a lhd 470 and that would be the same era 1990

I’m sure Peter had a right hand drive Scania, it was mainly used in the UK, if i remember right he drove it down to Dover on a Saturday night to bring a trailer down for Brian if he was turning round.

I started there in 1990 and I just can’t remember there being a rhd Scania there was a rhd f12 a couple of rhd f16’s and the only rhd Scania I remember was j5 roff which Martin golder drove then I got and had until I left in 1995

tvdriver:
I started there in 1990 and I just can’t remember there being a rhd Scania there was a rhd f12 a couple of rhd f16’s and the only rhd Scania I remember was j5 roff which Martin golder drove then I got and had until I left in 1995

I’ve been in contact with Terry,he thinks there was a RHD Scania but it was a Streamline 500,but he’d left before it came. He says he’s seen photos of this one that’s been restored,he says it looks nice but the detailing is wrong and Peter would have a fit lol

Terry’s right,j5 rof was rhd and that was a streamline and he had left the fold by that time, but the Scania in the photo still looks good all the same.

The classic truck mag is out now the original owner was James Innes and son of Portsoy

I guess that answers the question then, thanks

tvdriver:
I guess that answers the question then, thanks

No bother mate there’s a couple of pictures of Volvo F16 K 7 ROF in the same edition,now in the hands of storey’s from Newcastle, it’s a small story on the Fog on the Tyne road run.

JOHNXL70:

tvdriver:

I’ve been in contact with Terry,he thinks there was a RHD Scania but it was a Streamline 500,but he’d left before it came. He says he’s seen photos of this one that’s been restored,he says it looks nice but the detailing is wrong and Peter would have a fit lol

Can you tell what detail is wrong? as i own this one & want to make it right!, having been speaking to peter himself on numerous occasions and liasing with a couple of old drivers/friends (brian green & pete ford) they have sent me some old graphs to help me out but as the last one was sign written over 20 yrs ago its hard to get all the right detail & being not just round the corner from leighton buzzard its hard to nip up to the original sign writers lol, peter has seen it too & was chuffed to see his old livery come back to life , and all being well is coming up to get a few graphs with it at peterborough 2017, cheers Nipper :slight_smile:

[/album]

nipper9879:

JOHNXL70:

tvdriver:

Can you tell what detail is wrong? as i own this one & want to make it right!, having been speaking to peter himself on numerous occasions and liasing with a couple of old drivers/friends (brian green & pete ford) they have sent me some old graphs to help me out but as the last one was sign written over 20 yrs ago its hard to get all the right detail & being not just round the corner from leighton buzzard its hard to nip up to the original sign writers lol, peter has seen it too & was chuffed to see his old livery come back to life , and all being well is coming up to get a few graphs with it at peterborough 2017, cheers Nipper :slight_smile:

roff 143 1.jpg

nipper9879:
[/album]

nipper9879:

JOHNXL70:

tvdriver: