Peter hitchens article m.o.s

Got a lot of respect for this guy, and his article today in the mail on sunday,a rag i wouldn’t generally part coin for tbh ,is exceptional. He’s bang on the money,concerning the futility of General Elections and is amongst one of his most pithy commentaries of all time i’d vouchsafe.Hitchens and George Galloway are the only two modern chroniclers making any sense these days i reckon and yet they seem poles apart idealogically :confused: Wish i could post the article,but think there may be copyright issues.

hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/
Looks freely available on line.

If you type in Peter Hitchens Blog in your favourite search engine, you’ll go straight to it (edit Franglais beat me to it), and on youtube there are several interviews between Galloway and Hitchens over the years.

I could not agree with you more about the pair of them, Hitchens i have been reading and listening to for years, and no they could not be further apart in political views, another one a sitting MP one of only a handful, scratch that, the only one i have the slightest respect for after 31/10/2019 (until i find a genuine Con who voted against Johnson’s surrender treaty) is Dennis Skinner, the rest can go to hell where they belong.

Whilst on the Tube, if you find John Anderson’s channel (ex deputy PM of Australia), he conducted recently 2 x 45 mins interviews with Peter Hitchens, youtube.com/watch?v=CY_BgnZdwko

My take on politics and our country?

Its over, they’ve won, i shall do exactly the same as my lovely wife (who incidentally said the day the referendum result was announced that They would never let us leave), and vote TBP in this coming election, and if once again my vote proves to be a complete and utter waste of time and effort that will be the last time i actually use democracy.

Democracy, a term now meaningless in this country, and along with that word that once meant something to Englishmen, honour, is now a term to describe the very opposite when applied to our political and media classes, in practice i find more real examples of honour decency and morals in my genuine working class friends than in the whole of the class who now comprise politicians* apparatchiks and the media…not as i we have anything to to do with mainstream media broadcasts, Hitchens is the only columnist employed in the MSM that i read.

*no one in the country is more disappointed in Jacob Rees Mogg than i am, and i’m appalled at myself for being taken in my him, i really thought he was different to the rest, but he’s proved to be yet another Tory off the Eton production line.

Juddian:

Its over, they’ve won, i shall do exactly the same as my lovely wife (who incidentally said the day the referendum result was announced that They would never let us leave), and vote TBP in this coming election, and if once again my vote proves to be a complete and utter waste of time and effort that will be the last time i actually use democracy.

Democracy, a term now meaningless in this country

I told you so. :wink:

Look on the bright side treason was never an issue to be given the credibility of, let alone be settled by,any bs vote.Ironically the Remainers’ intransigence now gives us the justification to refuse to bow to any bs mandate claimed by them.IE they predictably wouldn’t accept any vote to Leave.We refuse to accept any vote to remain.Which is what this latest sham vote is all about.Just as May tried to do in 2017 following the typical Federalist MO delay,sabotage keep voting until they get the right result.Boycott not participation being the best answer to that.

As for Farage he’s just controlled opposition and his ‘performance’ in the latest charade will prove no different to his performance within UKIP.I’ll vote English Democrats or I won’t vote at all.Either way it’s clear that the country is in for a generation or two of foreign vassalage deliberately handed over by its own treasonous establishment including the Saxe Coburgs and their forces.

The words of this seeming to be very prophetic and relevant to me.Quite possibly the anthem of future Brit Nationalists who will eventually have to put their lives on the line in,a probably doomed,attempt to free the country in around I’m guessing 2060.Assuming we aren’t dragged by the 4th Reich into a catastrophic war against Russia first.

youtube.com/watch?v=W_zWl8xnT00

Juddian:
If you type in Peter Hitchens Blog in your favourite search engine, you’ll go straight to it (edit Franglais beat me to it), and on youtube there are several interviews between Galloway and Hitchens over the years.

I could not agree with you more about the pair of them, Hitchens i have been reading and listening to for years, and no they could not be further apart in political views, another one a sitting MP one of only a handful, scratch that, the only one i have the slightest respect for after 31/10/2019 (until i find a genuine Con who voted against Johnson’s surrender treaty) is Dennis Skinner, the rest can go to hell where they belong.

Whilst on the Tube, if you find John Anderson’s channel (ex deputy PM of Australia), he conducted recently 2 x 45 mins interviews with Peter Hitchens, youtube.com/watch?v=CY_BgnZdwko

Democracy, a term now meaningless in this country, and along with that word that once meant something to Englishmen, honour, is now a term to describe the very opposite when applied to our political and media classes, in practice i find more real examples of honour decency and morals in my genuine working class friends than in the whole of the class who now comprise politicians* apparatchiks and the media…not as i we have anything to to do with mainstream media broadcasts, Hitchens is the only columnist employed in the MSM that i read.

*no one in the country is more disappointed in Jacob Rees Mogg than i am, and i’m appalled at myself for being taken in my him, i really thought he was different to the rest, but he’s proved to be yet another Tory off the Eton production line.

All of the above.PH has an intellect the size of Pluto and personal integrity to match.Just wondering what to make of his last book the " The phoney war" his highly educated narrative makes for serious brow corrugation but I’m guessing he’s imbibing at more leftfield watering holes these days to prosecute his thesis,almost as if everything from ww2 was a staged extravaganza at the behest of the international money changers.I could be wrong on this and feel the need to return to the book when I have the intellectual energy quotient for tackling this calibre of work.
Another great but obscure,independent journo is Caitlin Johnstone from America who is less bridled by hard educational rigour I’d suggest,but covers American politics with a more " up through the ranks" type of approach and is as potent and illuminated as PH but I guess without the,on the surface at least,Hitchens slightly (for want of a better description) stuffy and establishment tooled commentaries.
This puts folk off Hitchens I suspect,especially his anti,soft drugs stance,but as you say,as far as msm journalisms concerned,he’s hard to equal.

“Democracy,two wolves and a lamb deciding on what to eat for lunch” :confused:

manalishi:

To be fair that could just as easily if not more likely be Federalism v Nationalism.See Poland 1939 or Texas 1865.True local democracy is supposed to allow the lamb the right of Opt out of the arranged dinner party staying within the safety of the fences around its field or within its barn and if the wolves then don’t agree the farmer will shoot the zb’s on sight. :bulb:

I like him as a writer but Peter is every pessimistic.
Ask him about his opinion on the UK and he will say it has gone to crap. Ask him how do we make ‘Britain great again?’ He will say you can’t it’s too late.
May well be true but it’s still a very negative outlook. :laughing:
A very well-spoken person regardless though. He also saw David Cameron for what he was well before anyone else.

As for George Galloway I find it remarkable you can compare the two. I still remember him walking around like a prostitute in big brother. But he has always been available to any bidder. (Indeed, he got suspended from parliament for not declaring money he was given)
Unlike Jeremy Corbyn he is actually an anti-semite and a proud follower of Hamas.
He stood on a platform with Sadam Hussian; because he was very much in his pocket.
Also pleading with foreign countries to fight British troops. (Why he was expelled from Labour)
He is also very friendly with all the Arab dictatorships.

Galloway is repugnant.

adam277:
I like him as a writer but Peter is every pessimistic.
Ask him about his opinion on the UK and he will say it has gone to crap. Ask him how do we make ‘Britain great again?’ He will say you can’t it’s too late.
May well be true but it’s still a very negative outlook. :laughing:
A very well-spoken person regardless though. He also saw David Cameron for what he was well before anyone else.

As for George Galloway I find it remarkable you can compare the two. I still remember him walking around like a prostitute in big brother. But he has always been available to any bidder. (Indeed, he got suspended from parliament for not declaring money he was given)
Unlike Jeremy Corbyn he is actually an anti-semite and a proud follower of Hamas.
He stood on a platform with Sadam Hussian; because he was very much in his pocket.
Also pleading with foreign countries to fight British troops. (Why he was expelled from Labour)
He is also very friendly with all the Arab dictatorships.

Galloway is repugnant.

Perhaps your right there,just because he has the gift of the gab shouldn’t have me rallying to his banners.I doubt the moslem faith isn’t exactly his forte,just convenient,personal enrichment fodder.But he’s a beguling cove with great insight into the reakities of power,sans Hitchens dignity and verve.

Carryfast:

manalishi:

To be fair that could just as easily if not more likely be Federalism v Nationalism.See Poland 1939 or Texas 1865.True local democracy is supposed to allow the lamb the right of Opt out of the arranged dinner party staying within the safety of the fences around its field or within its barn and if the wolves then don’t agree the farmer will shoot the zb’s on sight. :bulb:

“It is the greatest thing by far to be a true master of metaphor,it is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others,and it is also a sign of genius,since a good metaphor implies an intuitive perception of the similarity within the dissimilar”…(Harry stotl) :laughing:

Carryfast:

Juddian:

Democracy, a term now meaningless in this country

I told you so. :wink:
I

Look on the bright side treason was never an issue to be given the credibility of, let alone be settled by,any bs vote.Ironically the Remainers’ intransigence now gives us the justification to refuse to bow to any bs mandate claimed by them.IE they predictably wouldn’t accept any vote to Leave.We refuse to accept any vote to remain.Which is what this latest sham vote is all about.Just as May tried to do in 2017 following the typical Federalist MO delay,sabotage keep voting until they get the right result.Boycott not participation being the best answer to that.

As for Farage he’s just controlled opposition and his ‘performance’ in the latest charade will prove no different to his performance within UKIP.I’ll vote English Democrats or I won’t vote at all.Either way it’s clear that the country is in for a generation or two of foreign vassalage deliberately handed over by its own treasonous establishment including the Saxe Coburgs and their forces.

The words of this seeming to be very prophetic and relevant to me.Quite possibly the anthem of future Brit Nationalists who will eventually have to put their lives on the line in,a probably doomed,attempt to free the country in around I’m guessing 2060.Assuming we aren’t dragged by the 4th Reich into a catastrophic war against Russia first.

youtube.com/watch?v=W_zWl8xnT00

I fear 2060 may be a tad too far for off for the ptb tbh.Possibly the usual contraction of the money supply to soften the ground first maybe.I’m sure they’re working this one out already chez,Basel via the (B.I.S) as the time honoured prelude.

Theres an interesting website called Lashadarkmoon.com that I frequent lately.At first blush you might be forgiven for thinking its a rabid anti jewish enclave.I think the consensus amongst the more enlightened seems to acknowledge that although theres an overwhelming case that certain factions/tribes of Jewish power,be it Sabbataen,Frankist and possibly Khazarian (false jews) are possibly the primary controlling force behind world politics,there are also the original Sephardic tribes who probably have a more direct claim on originality but are very much the minority and theres long been good evidence that the House of Saud consists of semitic ancestry which seems to explain why theres never been much in the way of armed conflict between the two nations.

I’m deeply interested in the jewish culture,my cultural favourites,Paul Simon,Dylan,Woody Allen,Lou Reed etc are obviously of this extraction so the world would be a seriously duller place without that grouping of genius but maybe that calibre of genius in the wrong hands…Rothschild,Schiff,Warburg etc is the reason it’s going a bit pete tong lately?

I find some of the more rabid commentaries a tad distressing but on the whole,the standard of debate across the site is of the most erudite and learned it’s possible to imagine,alongside frequent postings of articles by the likes of John Kaminski and the newest one by Craig Paul Roberts who has some seriously good stuff on the Bin Laden/seal team 6 operation that raises some very profound questions,to put it mildly.Deffo worth a butchers.

manalishi:

Carryfast:

manalishi:

“It is the greatest thing by far to be a true master of metaphor,it is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others,and it is also a sign of genius,since a good metaphor implies an intuitive perception of the similarity within the dissimilar”…(Harry stotl) :laughing:

From the point of view of the Wolves in that scenario the lamb is a rebel Nationalist Seperatist who refuses to join the enlightened Federalist democratic majority and the farmer is a Nationalist Seperatist terrorist.

While the lamb sees it as the right of self determination and the farmer a freedom fighter.

The machiavellian bit in all that being that the farmer is actually only defending the lamb because he wants to sell it for a profit for people to eat instead of the wolves. :open_mouth: :wink:

Carryfast:

manalishi:

Carryfast:

manalishi:

From the point of view of the Wolves in that scenario the lamb is a rebel Nationalist Seperatist who refuses to join the enlightened Federalist democratic majority and the farmer is a Nationalist Seperatist terrorist.

While the lamb sees it as the right of self determination and the farmer a freedom fighter.

The machiavellian bit in all that being that the farmer is actually only defending the lamb because he wants to sell it for a profit for people to eat instead of the wolves. :open_mouth: :wink:

You need to cut down on the Ambrosia old son,yer teeth will start to rot :smiley: