Pete - recognition at last!

Ye gods - never realised what a can of worms would be opened just by posting a pic of Pete’s road!

Steve

Ste46:
Ye gods - never realised what a can of worms would be opened just by posting a pic of Pete’s road!

Steve

Haha, it was good of you to immortalise a poor humble tipper driver Steve, if only for a short time! :laughing: I’m not in the Harry Gill class of course, he has had a thread running on here for years, but then I’m only half his age so there is still time!! Harry and myself do have something in common though, an allergy to hosepipes and brushes! :open_mouth: :wink:

Pete.

Fear not chaps, I’m still vertical & breathing! Been a bit busy on t’plot lately but I have to inform the gathering that, contrary to rumours, I have no intention of offering free breakfasts. It remains the policy of the club that ALL members should take their turn at stumping up for grub as laid down int’ constitution. No excuses will be tolerated: Those members who have previously attempted to dodge their responsibilities by becoming ill or taking ancient Sandbach-assembled vehicles on European trips can be assured that their malpractices are officially recorded and will, at some time, be subject to an “Inconvenience Charge”. When eventually this covid thing is done with, the club will resume it’s normal meetings, with refreshment being paid for by members in strict alphabetical order. This, therefore, means that the first meeting after covid will be hosted by the member whose name begins with the letter, “D”. It has been decided that “Punchy” is such a silly name that it will be ignored for this purpose.
Management look forward to normal service being resumed in the near future.

Glad you are ok Rof, the prison allotment will miss you now you have been released. Actually I was covering the cost of Oily’s breakfast, I didn’t expect generosity from the ‘Cheshire Set’ (nobody ever got rich by wasting money :unamused: ) so decided to stump up myself. However the offer is time expired now, and Oily’s stomach is safe. I’m down in a hotel in a rather wet Berkshire at present but will be back home on Sunday, now as to where Dan has vanished too I have no idea as he hasn’t been around for a while? :confused:

Pete.

I have information that Dan is about and is currently saving up for a mug of tea.

Retired Old ■■■■:
I have information that Dan is about and is currently saving up for a mug of tea.

I don’t know when the next meeting is going to occur , at the moment I can’t even get to see the Mcmillan at Macc due to the plague . I keep getting letters from NHS warning that I’m on the high risk list and must continue to self isolate . I understand what the old fur trappers meant about cabin fever , I know exactly how many tiles are on the bathroom walls and to make it worse I packed up smoking in February . Oh well that’s my moan , how is you’re day .

rigsby:

Retired Old ■■■■:

I don’t know when the next meeting is going to occur , at the moment I can’t even get to see the Mcmillan at Macc due to the plague . I keep getting letters from NHS warning that I’m on the high risk list and must continue to self isolate . I understand what the old fur trappers meant about cabin fever , I know exactly how many tiles are on the bathroom walls and to make it worse I packed up smoking in February . Oh well that’s my moan , how is you’re day .

Compared to yours mine is pretty good, so far, Dave. Just sitting here waiting for the August rain to stop. Again!

Retired Old ■■■■:

Blimey, if the ‘Middleton Millionaire’ is having to save up for a mug of your breakfast tea Rof then poor old Rigsby and myself haven’t a bloody chance of ever affording one? :open_mouth: I suppose we could bring our own flask,or is ‘corkage’ charged as well? :confused:

At present we are having a few days away, been to the sunny south coast today and watched the ferry traffic between the Isle of Wight and the mainland. I remember in the 70’s one of our drivers doing Ashbourne to Parkhurst Prison on the island and back in a single day driving a Foden half cab, I don’t think drivers could do it in a day now though.

Pete.

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Blimey, if the ‘Middleton Millionaire’ is having to save up for a mug of your breakfast tea Rof then poor old Rigsby and myself haven’t a bloody chance of ever affording one? :open_mouth: I suppose we could bring our own flask,or is ‘corkage’ charged as well? :confused:

At present we are having a few days away, been to the sunny south coast today and watched the ferry traffic between the Isle of Wight and the mainland. I remember in the 70’s one of our drivers doing Ashbourne to Parkhurst Prison on the island and back in a single day driving a Foden half cab, I don’t think drivers could do it in a day now though.

Pete.

It’s amazing how much mileage Tilcon drivers could cover back in the 70’s Pete!

I’am alive still but struggling under the pressure .we got a lot of night shifts on at the minute and days too of course.
Plus a new invention that’s still under wraps that when released will bring the r &s thread to a standstill :laughing:

9387319B-0D5E-470C-ABD3-9B66EAB29E6D.jpegbtw got Denzil here at the min :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
0btw got Denzil here at the min :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You could at least have put a Foden badge on it Dan! :laughing: He has deleted his thread now though, I hope he is ok? :confused:

Yes Mick, Tilcon’s Fodens covered some ground in a day, and timed to the minute by Boss Hogg!

Pete.

I think I found Pete, and why he is known as Windrush.

That’s him!
Would recognise him anywhere!
(ask Rob - 1970Commer - if you don’t believe me)

Anon

Sorry to ‘■■■■ on your chips’ lads but that’s actually my younger brother! We have been out to lunch together today with our wives and even after all these years you still wouldn’t want to light a match near his arse. :open_mouth: I’m actually allergic to baked beans, even looking at them makes me feel queasy. Also I wouldn’t take much of what passes Rob’s (1970 Commer) lips as gospel either, that young Gavin Salt put me wise many years ago! :unamused:

Pete.

windrush:
Sorry to ‘■■■■ on your chips’ lads but that’s actually my younger brother! We have been out to lunch together today with our wives and even after all these years you still wouldn’t want to light a match near his arse. :open_mouth: I’m actually allergic to baked beans, even looking at them makes me feel queasy. Also I wouldn’t take much of what passes Rob’s (1970 Commer) lips as gospel either, that young Gavin Salt put me wise many years ago! :unamused:

Pete.

That sounds like a denial Pete and if true there is only ROF in the frame , with his liking for motorcycle kit being proved by his own picture ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He certainly fits the pic Dave, a love of motor cycles, a catering size can of baked beans plus he likes blowing his own trumpet so would need a large one! Bang to rights I’m afraid Rof. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Pete.

Bloody hell, don’t rope me into ya petty squabbles, ya sound like kids in the playground, I’ve just had one situation like that to sort out.

I was just on my way back from Glasgow & I was somewhere between Shap & Lancaster when I saw a Red & White Dinky toy on the A6, then another & another, it looked to me like someone had chucked all their toys out of their pram or at least never had them sheeted & roped on properly in the first place !!!

I don’t know if anyone else knows owt about this “incident” but it looked fairly serious to me

Oh & as for taking anything Gavin says as gospel Pete, I’m surprised you can find him awake long enough to get 2 words out of him, here he is seen doing what he does best. NOWT Ha Ha
flickr.com/photos/52386003@ … 33937@N06/

flickr.com/photos/9896710@N … 33937@N06/

I think we seem to have a bit of a theme going on here with that young Gavin

oiltreader:
ROF that’s got a just caught on CCTV look about it :smiley: I have a much better one of you than that(2 in fact).
Oily

Oily & Rigsby- Don’t be shy, dig 'em out!
I have spent an hour or two file digging to find them.
Great day out that was, pity Pete Smith Smith didn’t make it, what a trio that would have been, nay a foursome. The second snap ROF has Ade(lurpak) keeping him company. I am pleased to say Ade is on his way back to work after a long illness kicked off by a form of meningitis couple of years ago, he’s had a tough battle.
Oily

Good pics there Oily (subject matter is a bit ‘iffy’ but the pics are good :laughing: )! I can see that Rof likes to keep a low profile, and Ade is almost the (slightly older) double of a chap I do vintage events with occasionally, I wonder if his dad had a bike? :confused: Actually, looking at that pic Dave and Rof could easily be a double act like the Krankies, the Forest of Dean accent is very similar to those from North of the Border. :wink:

Rob: Gavin will be missing playing with that big organ this year and I wonder if he has been Furloughed! :slight_smile:

Pete.