Pete - recognition at last!

oiltreader:
A Foden tipper, gotta be on here.
Oily

You’ve just made an old man even older Oily , worked on that Foden in the year dot . Crouched in the cab trying to manipulate a block and tackle lifting the heads and blocks off . It would have been quicker to take the cab off first , but the miserable foreman enjoyed seeing us struggle . Hours spent grinding the valves in by hand , no wonder I kicked my budding mechanical career into touch .

oiltreader:
Oily

Mmmm! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Oh well, at least it isn’t in ‘tossmac’s’ livery yet so I will let that one stay. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

oiltreader:
Oily

Mmmm! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Oh well, at least it isn’t in ‘tossmac’s’ livery yet so I will let that one stay. :wink:

Pete.

20 years before tossmac got their grubby hands on it Pete , when it was still a good quarry to work for . I’ll be there when I get there was the normal practice then . They had the railhead for tar tankers and two road tankers to deliver the reheated products . They had their own blacksmiths /fitters , if they couldn’t get parts for the plant they made them .

windrush:
I don’t mind folk seeing what I look like Dave, although it was back in 1997 so things aren’t quite the same today! :blush: Pics taken by Ray Gould who had the sister Foden to mine.

Top half: the hat was surgically removed in 2002 when I finished driving! :open_mouth:

and my (possibly better looking!) lower half!

Pete.

Just Dave to “fess up”, now!

Not a bad looking chap in that pic Rof, if it really is you (and Dan and Dave will know) then I’m guessing it was taken a good few years ago though? :laughing: I reckon at 6’ 4" I’m taller than you though, but you may have shot up since that pic was taken of course. Not long ago one of Mrs Windrush’s carers commented that I had long legs and I told her that it’s no use being 6’4" with short legs because they wont reach the floor. You would think that someone in the Health Service would have known that?:roll: :wink:

Pete.

ROF that’s got a just caught on CCTV look about it :smiley: I have a much better one of you than that(2 in fact).
Oily

oiltreader:
ROF that’s got a just caught on CCTV look about it :smiley: I have a much better one of you than that(2 in fact).
Oily

I thought that he was possibly caught ‘on the rob’ oily, for starters that helmet doesn’t look large enough for his head and does he really need to wear one in a Jag anyway? :confused: :wink: I’m surprised that you living in Scotland has two pics of him though, are you collecting a ‘rogues gallery’ of wealthy English folk? :open_mouth:

Pete.

windrush:

oiltreader:
Oily

I thought that he was possibly caught ‘on the rob’ oily, for starters that helmet doesn’t look large enough for his head and does he really need to wear one in a Jag anyway? :confused: :wink: I’m surprised that you living in Scotland has two pics of him though, are you collecting a ‘rogues gallery’ of wealthy English folk? :open_mouth:

Pete.

I seem to recognise the elderly , er , gentleman there , trying to recapture his long lost youth . I don’t know if he is still capable of getting his leg over …a motorbike , better sticking with the Jag , less chance of doing himself a mischief . As to a photo of yours truly , you’ve more chance of plaiting fog , there are a couple somewhere on here but they are better left undiscovered .

rigsby:

windrush:

oiltreader:
Oily

Pete.

I seem to recognise the elderly , er , gentleman there , trying to recapture his long lost youth . I don’t know if he is still capable of getting his leg over …a motorbike , better sticking with the Jag , less chance of doing himself a mischief . As to a photo of yours truly , you’ve more chance of plaiting fog , there are a couple somewhere on here but they are better left undiscovered .

Oily & Rigsby- Don’t be shy, dig 'em out!

While clearing my late Mothers flat this weekend I have been sorting through four shopping bags full of pics that I brought back home with me. This pic was among them, the present Mrs Windrush and myself on our wedding day on March 22nd 1975 at Matlock Bath church. I was 24, Anne just 20, and yes, I was punching way above my weight but we have managed 45 years together through many ups and downs in life. I didn’t imagine on that day that within 15 years I would become her carer as well as her husband, she contracted MS in 1990 and now is unable to stand or walk. Make the most of every day lads, you never know what is waiting around the corner to bite you on your ■■■. :cry:

The car was my Great Uncles, he is on the right of the pic with his wife and my Grandmother (his sister) is in front of him wearing her favourite tea cosy! All are long gone from this World of course. But what make was the car? I know, and there is one parked on the street below us right now, but which of you clever lads will be the first to guess it correctly? I think that ROF will probably provide a free breakfast to the winner, and possibly two to the runner up as a consolation prize? :laughing:

Pete.

Hillman Avenger? Pete
Oily

Afraid not Oily, it wasn’t a Roller or a Bentley but we were slightly more upmarket than an Avenger! :wink: I will give it a couple of days and then reveal the identity, that’s assuming that it isn’t solved before then and Rof already has the frying pan on a low heat. :laughing:

Pete.

This has to be the model Pete, a VW K70 you’ll gather I’m desperate NOT to finish up with the consolation prize of two of ROF’s breakfasts :smiley: ne’er mind Fixodent and Gaviscon at the ready :smiley:… bring it on.
Oily

Pete 1969_cars_k70_vw_1970_l.jpg

As Rof is champing at the bit to crack on with a freebie breakfast for one lucky (!) person I will give some clues! The car isn’t British, but is European, and the manufacturer also made one of the most popular cars around at one time. That should get an answer. :wink:

Edited to say “Well done” to Oily who guessed correctly while I was giving you all a clue! You did well to get it, there were not many around and were of course originally a NSU model. There is one owned locally, he has some NSU’s as well but they never seem to move from where they are parked! Over to Rof now, get that pan on! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
While clearing my late Mothers flat this weekend I have been sorting through four shopping bags full of pics that I brought back home with me. This pic was among them, the present Mrs Windrush and myself on our wedding day on March 22nd 1975 at Matlock Bath church. I was 24, Anne just 20, and yes, I was punching way above my weight but we have managed 45 years together through many ups and downs in life. I didn’t imagine on that day that within 15 years I would become her carer as well as her husband, she contracted MS in 1990 and now is unable to stand or walk. Make the most of every day lads, you never know what is waiting around the corner to bite you on your ■■■. :cry:

The car was my Great Uncles, he is on the right of the pic with his wife and my Grandmother (his sister) is in front of him wearing her favourite tea cosy! All are long gone from this World of course. But what make was the car? I know, and there is one parked on the street below us right now, but which of you clever lads will be the first to guess it correctly? I think that ROF will probably provide a free breakfast to the winner, and possibly two to the runner up as a consolation prize? :laughing:

Pete.

Where did you buy the wig ? I could do with something like that. :smiley:

I have a question Pete , while I agree that you punched above your weight , where did you hide her guide dog ? or were/are you a secret millionaire .

rigsby:
I have a question Pete , while I agree that you punched above your weight , where did you hide her guide dog ? or were/are you a secret millionaire .

Ah well Dave, she was aware that I worked on lorries (although I was unemployed at that point with moving north but got fixed up with Tilcon the following week) so knew that it was a top paying job for life and could keep her in the style she wished for! That plan went wrong somewhere along the line though!!! :laughing:

Gom:, the hair was my own and I had ‘lockdown hair’ before it became all the fashion! I still have just as much hair now, the benefit of having a long bed I assume? :wink: However to prove my age, and to stop folk asking for ID when I purchase alcohol, I have now dyed it white. :unamused: However the suit was hired : Moss Bros at a fiver for the weekend and my parents returned it to the store in Reading on the monday, I wasn’t wasting money on a suit just incase she didn’t turn up! :sunglasses:

Pete.

I’m getting rather concerned about the absence of our old (VERY old!) friend Rof from this thread as he hasn’t acknowledged my announcement of the breakfast prize to Oily and the poor lad must be getting hungry now. Of course that CCTV pic of him ‘half inching’ that helmet might have been his downfall, it would have been smarter to have clamped it onto his napper straight away and then he wouldn’t have been recognized, but I’m guessing that he is now lodging out ‘at Her Majesty’s Pleasure’ and is being served porridge on a daily basis for breakfast. :blush: Young Dan seems to have vanished from the scene as well, although I waived to him in Matlock last week and he totally ignored me, maybe a collusion going on there? :unamused: At least Dave is still posting so I know he is ok. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
I’m getting rather concerned about the absence of our old (VERY old!) friend Rof from this thread as he hasn’t acknowledged my announcement of the breakfast prize to Oily and the poor lad must be getting hungry now. Of course that CCTV pic of him ‘half inching’ that helmet might have been his downfall, it would have been smarter to have clamped it onto his napper straight away and then he wouldn’t have been recognized, but I’m guessing that he is now lodging out ‘at Her Majesty’s Pleasure’ and is being served porridge on a daily basis for breakfast. :blush: Young Dan seems to have vanished from the scene as well, although I waived to him in Matlock last week and he totally ignored me, maybe a collusion going on there? :unamused: At least Dave is still posting so I know he is ok. :wink:

Pete.

He’s now doing Line Dancing classes on FB, no limits to that man’s talent :smiley: must’ve gave up the catering, probably the Primus is knackered.
Oily

oiltreader:
He’s now doing Line Dancing classes on FB, no limits to that man’s talent :smiley: must’ve gave up the catering, probably the Primus is knackered.
Oily

Your stomach will be glad of that then, a lucky escape you had there lad! :laughing:

Pete.