Pet Hates

Just curious about everyones pet hates within this job.

personally i hate inconsiderate drivers both hgv and non hgv, foreign and domestic e.g if someone was overtaking me and it was obvious that they were struggling rather than keep them out blocking traffic i will slow down giving them a fighting chance of getting passed, in the same vein someone deliberatly speeding up mostly car drivers although a few 7.5t drivers have done this. And as i have noticed tonight as i am currently parked up in Thurrock services bad parking the only place i could park was a space away from a foreign truck (space due to kerbstones in the way), but its like Heathrow terminal 5

:imp: Cleaning up after drivers, whove not been arsed to clean the cab out after theyve finished for the day :imp:

lol my pet hate is people who treat there nissan micras like buses and take up half the road to turn into a junction…also people who think i can get flash to let me go leaving me a three foot gap and when i dont move and use the gap get annoyed and drive off swearing…

Rant over!

Adam

Thats an easy one to answer

Its the ZBing halfwits that load my truck, what the zbing point in putting my 4th/5th drop at the back doors with the pallet truck buried beneath the pallet for my first drop. They have a loadplan/runsheet FFS :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: .

fools who drive in the rain with no lights on and imbiciles who use a mobile whilst driving and the lazy ignorant b’s who leave a cab like a tip and smoke in it

rant over

Anyone who cuts in at the last min and takes my breaking distance :imp:

When you turn up at a drop or collection point that looks a bit tight, somebody says “we"ve had bigger lorries than that in here” . . . . and your"e in a full length artic
:unamused:

ol had one of those the other day, only way to turn round was to back the trailer into their warehouse and get pallets and cars moved

If sent to Go Interiors in South Bermondsey be warned

People who sound their horns and whinge at you when you’re parked up, albeit inconveniently for other road users, loading/unloading. I have to do it somewhere and if there was anywhere better to do it, I would be there, now stop whining and let me get on with it so I can get gone. :angry: I once had a woman pull up level with me a few feet away, look up at me and give me the worst glare I’ve ever had. Anyone would think I’d massacred a family of adorable pixies right in front of her. It was a right glare. So I was obstructing traffic a bit; it was the only place I could have stopped. :angry:

Car drivers who have seemingly forgotten that they can do 70MPH on motorways/dual carriageways. They’re usually travelling a tiny bit slower than me so that I overtake, but it takes longer than it should due to their speed. :angry:

I CANNOT stand when people don’t thank you when you let them out of a junction. I let a bloke out of a petrol station forecourt today when I could quite easily have just blocked his way. Instead of thanking me he just breezed out without a glance at me. :angry:

People who don’t indicate when they should, or indicate incorrectly.

Incorrect loading annoys me as well. :angry:

Incomplete addresses on delivery notes. It would make life a lot easier if I actually knew the address of the place I am going to. :angry:

The Leeds Festival traffic. Okay, it was my fault entirely for forgetting it was on and blundering into the queues yesterday, but still. It was chaos. It was forty-five minutes before I could get turned around and proceed in another direction to York.

Being absolutely starving and seeing a chip shop, but there being nowhere to park for miles. :frowning:

This sodding sign:

I’m sick of the sight of the bloody thing. It’s always on the road I want as well, never any other. :angry:

That is all.

MrPanther:
This sodding sign:

I’m sick of the sight of the bloody thing. It’s always on the road I want as well, never any other. :angry:

That is all.

Agreed especially when its on a diversion route in Sheffield :confused:
Or it says underneath “Except for loading” and you end up at a weak bridge with no way out except over it!:evil:

MADBAZ:
Or it says underneath “Except for loading” and you end up at a weak bridge with no way out except over it!:evil:

lol drive fast over it or lift your feet

MADBAZ:

There will be a few of those with the closure of the M1 over the Bank Holiday whilst they demolish the cooling towers.

The ■■■■ things are everywhere. (Weight limit restriction signs, I mean, not cooling towers! :stuck_out_tongue: ) There will be a roundabout with about five exits and the one I want will have the weight restriction pinned to it. :angry:

MADBAZ:
Or it says underneath “Except for loading” and you end up at a weak bridge with no way out except over it!

Oh yes, I can’t stand that situation. :angry: The “Except for access” plates get me. Does needing to access the main road the other side of the weight restriction count?! :grimacing:

DABenji:

MADBAZ:

lol drive fast over it or lift your feet

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

when on a d/c and someone in lane one is turning left and seems to think they need to swing their car out to the right before turning. Usually right into your path. bloody ■■■■■

one fun bit cross roads where someone in the road you want to go has stopped to far out lol the look on their eyes when the headboard gets closer and closer lol

when you get too warehouse/rdc, etc, find the booking in window, that is well staffed, and yet, on the way in, you’ve turned into the invisible man, as none of the ■■■■■ can see you, or here your occasional cough/rustle of the paperwork :unamused:

Rover 75 drivers with a National trust sticker in the back window!!

Skip/ tipper drivers :laughing:

Security monkeys who ask to look in the back of your trailer when you exit a site and you have just tipped a full load out of the side of your trailer, in full view of thier security hut!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Coach and 7.5 ton drivers who tear past on mway like i,m standing still and then flash indicators (the sarcastic zb) cos I didn’t flash em in. :angry:

Anyone overtaking causing you to slow down quickly taking your breaking distance…Mainly car drivers…Those fools that overtake on main roads or motorways and decide to pull back in with only a foot between you and them…Crazy fools do they not know that they are so close to death…
Loads more but leave it for another time.
Great i`m glad i got that off my cheat i can now enjoy a moan free weekend…