Pet hates about the industry

Not driving hates, just the silly little ones. For me it’s when the traffic office look at a postcode and tell you it’s going to York for example, which is a bloody long walk to driffield. Got told I was off to ipswich once. All geared up for a night in the town to find out I was going to shipdam airfield :open_mouth:

mine is planners (and i use the term loosley) that dont take into account that your driving a truck and not a car when they plan your workload

The lack of decent showers.

Fellow drivers who don’t take pride in their work or themselves and will be heard to say things such as “that’ll do” or when referring to there employers “**** 'em” .

Wot is a planner exactly? :unamused:

everytime I contact a company looking for work and I get told I have to be 25 or have 2 or sometimes 3 years experience :confused:

AGENCIES!! :smiling_imp:

The amount of red tape & bs that seems to be getting progressively worse…

The fact that when I start at 4 in the morning & they start at 8, they don’t see my first 4 hours & expect me to work until at least they go home (& beyond !)

OVLOV JAY:
when the traffic office look at a postcode and tell you it’s going to York for example, which is a bloody long walk to driffield.

You should try the Doncaster DN postcode, it covers the area right across to Grimsby :imp:

When you are told your box will be ready to load on your arrival only to find it’s still on the ship/ train :unamused:

Drivers that catch your eye and take that as an invitation to talk ■■■■ to you for the next 20 mins :imp: not just drivers though, construction site labourers/workers are the same.

I’ve looked online for blinkers to stop this happening but I can’t find any :laughing:

mike68:
Fellow drivers who don’t take pride in their work or themselves and will be heard to say things such as “that’ll do” or when referring to there employers “**** 'em” .

Company managers who have no respect, or empathy, for their staff and when referring to those people default to “**** 'em”

Winseer:

It’s someone in the office who has vastly superior driving skills than yourself, knows how long it is to carry out any journey but hasn’t had any chance to prove it yet.

Drivers that look down on other driver because there driving a rigid or havent or dont do euro work or only do local work.

Drivers who feel it’s appropriate to bang on about their 34 years of experience in every aspect of being a driver. Even more annoying when they’ve usually battered every single corner/panel.

I know one in particular who used to drive 50+miles to go tramping over the weekend for £7.20 per hour. I can’t think why he never found a job in his local area. . . . !

martinviking:
The fact that when I start at 4 in the morning & they start at 8, they don’t see my first 4 hours & expect me to work until at least they go home (& beyond !)

So true.

For me it’s the total lack of existence of yourself and the 60ft truck you’ve just pulled into their yard. It’s like if they don’t look at you or the truck then you’re not really there.

Trev_H:

Winseer:

It’s someone in the office who has vastly superior driving skills than yourself, knows how long it is to carry out any journey but hasn’t had any chance to prove it yet.

Brilliant +1 lol

For me it’s ignorant staff on goods in desks and having to sit in driver waiting rooms… healthy and safety my arse

mike68:

I’m forever saying “That’ll do”, it’s the highest praise I can give anything. It’s one step above “■■■■ it, be alright”