Pertemps

EddieMD:

Tricky 21 Jan:
I’ve signed up to ADR Bellshill, Global, Driver Hire, Drive Force and Pertemps months ago and I had the same speech about being desperate for drivers especially at weekends which is all I want to do just now. 4 months later and still heard nowt from them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all say the same thing. One thing I will say to you is to get on the phone to ADR and Pertemps cos I know the Co-op at Newhouse can’t get drivers, they’re getting agency drivers sent to them from here and other areas to cover. I signed with Global years ago but didn’t put much faith in them. Driverhire Motherwell (I’m from Hamilton) phoned me earlier in the year to update their records and told me then to get back to them round about now for the Christmas rush at royal mail.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Thanks Eddie, will give them a call tomorrow. I only stay round the corner from Newhouse aswell. I passed my C+E in July but I’ve been shunting in work since then and been out on road mostly every other weekend so my experience is gaining . I’ll give them a phone and see what they say

Tricky 21 Jan:

EddieMD:

Tricky 21 Jan:
I’ve signed up to ADR Bellshill, Global, Driver Hire, Drive Force and Pertemps months ago and I had the same speech about being desperate for drivers especially at weekends which is all I want to do just now. 4 months later and still heard nowt from them all.

They all say the same thing. One thing I will say to you is to get on the phone to ADR and Pertemps cos I know the Co-op at Newhouse can’t get drivers, they’re getting agency drivers sent to them from here and other areas to cover. I signed with Global years ago but didn’t put much faith in them. Driverhire Motherwell (I’m from Hamilton) phoned me earlier in the year to update their records and told me then to get back to them round about now for the Christmas rush at royal mail.

Thanks Eddie, will give them a call tomorrow. I only stay round the corner from Newhouse aswell. I passed my C+E in July but I’ve been shunting in work since then and been out on road mostly every other weekend so my experience is gaining . I’ll give them a phone and see what they say

The Co are pretty good with new drivers and to be honest I went in with them when I passed my class 2 and then also with my class 1. My old man drove with them for years before he retired and I been in and out if their depots for years with agencies.

EddieMD:

Tricky 21 Jan:

EddieMD:

Tricky 21 Jan:

The Co are pretty good with new drivers and to be honest I went in with them when I passed my class 2 and then also with my class 1. My old man drove with them for years before he retired and I been in and out if their depots for years with agencies.

Thats what I like to hear! Just all about getting a chance to do it eh?

Tricky 21 Jan:

EddieMD:

Tricky 21 Jan:

EddieMD:

Tricky 21 Jan:

Thats what I like to hear! Just all about getting a chance to do it eh?

That’s half the battle

Tricky 21 Jan:

I had a branch of Best Connection tell me there was loads of work before I took my class 1. I got barely a peep out of them afterwards. I told a friend whose husband was thinking of a new career “driving articulated lorries” (who didn’t have his class 2 yet), not to believe anyone who says there is loads of work; it’s just in their interest to have you sitting around.

Theres lots of these short big pay jobs in the run up to Xmas not just driving, years ago my missus got in at DFS (of all places) just doing the basic paperwork for finance for their xmas sale (when is there not a sale on at DFS :unamused: ) it was only for a couple of weeks at their peak times later in the day and early evening/ weekend but they were paying £26ph!

for a tramper to earn 1000 per week

well, say you work 6 days that’s 5 nights out, 20 quid per night its 100 quid

for the other 900, if you work 70 hours over the 6 days (legal) the job would need to pay 12.86 per hour and you re on a grand a week

is that really so unbelievable during the busy christmas rush?

chrisdalott:

for the other 900, if you work 70 hours over the 6 days (legal) the job would need to pay 12.86 per hour and you re on a grand a week

Not at all tbh. Can make that the rest of the year if you work your hours to the max, but why only advertise it now as if it’s a big deal, and also thinking bout it a lot of these guys will need to hold onto some if that money to pay bills during January and into February so it’s not even a bonus

I’ve been grossing a grand for the last few weeks with no nights out.
But would I want to be doing those sorts of hours week in and week out?
Would I F…

As for the Co-OP, they always seem to be advertising in Andover.
I wonder why? :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
Would I F…

I think the Co-op are starting to struggle a little finding drivers. I know I’ve been onto their HR for the past couple weeks trying to get money from them I reckon I’m due, they’re not what they used to be!

Evil8Beezle:
Would I F…

What’s your hourly?

The co op are struggling for drivers because its not a good job. I did a lot of work for alldays (Eastleigh) and they would give you 4 drops a day and it could be over to dover or something like that. Then the co op bought them and they wanted 4 drops per run and usually 3 runs. Triple workload for the same money!

Pertemps in Bellshill seem to be pretty much focused on gist but the rumours are not favourable. I wouldn’t bother looking at pertemps now no matter how much they are offering. Zero hours = zero no matter how much the rate is. They talk a good story but that’s about all they do in my experience with them

Here’s my experience with them.

Signed up with them 12 months ago on RM (Ltd Co).
At interview came the question “what insurance do you have?”
I reply “none whatsoever”.

Do assessment and start a few days later.
Three days in at RM MK call comes in “can we have a copy of your public liability insurance?”
I reply “no I told you at the interview I do not have any”.
They state “you must have it to work with us”
I reply “I’m in MK, who do I hand the keys to and who will pay for my cab back?”
They " err, no, don’t do that, carry on today, but not after today"

RM went quiet and in Jan they came up with D*L job. Suited nicely, a few days ago came the “Joe is now working direct for H and taking your start time, it’s a shame because you have never let us down but we are finishing you”.

Come and see us Monday and we’ll get you into RM for an assessment.

All agencies are the same.

What does their ad say about caring for drivers? Pah.

SD

signed with pertemps basildon a year ago, mentioning that i can do evening / nights only. everyday phone rang at around 5am asking if i can come asap. after a week the calls finished and never heard anything again.

luckily there are other agencies that actually listen to what you say

chrisdalott:

You can’t do that every week though.

Priest:
signed with pertemps basildon a year ago, mentioning that i can do evening / nights only. everyday phone rang at around 5am asking if i can come asap. after a week the calls finished and never heard anything again.

luckily there are other agencies that actually listen to what you say

I signed with them earlier this year after they took over a contract where I was but never actually done any work with them as I was going fixed term elsewhere. I contacted them recently to sign again and he said he’d need to see me as he was wondering why he hadn’t “used” me…I told him that in fact it was me who hadn’t “used” them!!

the nodding donkey:

chrisdalott:

You can’t do that every week though.

Becomes a way of life rather than a job!

Just give Pertemps a wide birth. Especially Barnsley / Sheffield…

And here they’re at it again…