Pertemps

they doing Shares now

I won’t hear a word against them…got me a job temp to perm after 3 months on the dole back in the dark days of 2009 :smiley:

They let me down badly. Had a slight mishap with one of their clients who dropped me and told the agency they didn’t want me back. Initially the agency didn’t even tell me this, I found out only when I had to ask them what was going on and why I wasn’t being given shifts any longer. Then they said they’d call me back and haven’t contacted me since. I had to pursue them for outstanding holiday pay which they hadn’t told me about, then out of the blue I got a P45 from them with no explanation.

So I don’t expect them to be supplying me with any work again, although no-one there has actually bothered to tell me anything.

What was the “slight mishap”? Their response, or lack of it - seems pretty extreme for a mere “disagreement on personality traits with the guvnor”…

ORC:
They let me down badly. Had a slight mishap with one of their clients who dropped me and told the agency they didn’t want me back.

They let me down badly too. Their drivers’ mates used to turn up when they felt like it, expected to be picked up instead of driving to the depot like everyone else (at least the Poles have a gangmasters car to bring them in) left with me a load of handball to do on my own. Then they couldn’t understand why I refused to have the offending “worker” with me a second time.
They never gave an explanation why the mates pulled no shows either, hence unless desperate my then employer uses Driver Hire.

Why don’t such gaffers take a hard line with the “mates” rather than the drivers then?

I’m sure it would make perfect sense for a “mate” poncing about turning up when they felt like it - to be “not used again” rather than the irate driver who’s merely ■■■■■■ off with carrying them beyond day one… Let 'em get away with it one day, and they’ll think you’ll never chase 'em for it.

Personally, I would have thought it would make more sense to pay a driver only an amount that’s more than what a driver gets now - but less than what a driver+“mate” costs… Ie. just under two lots of minimum wage… :bulb:

Who’s gonna moan about doing handball if the weekday rate is £12.50ph rather than the £13.00 it would at least cost to employ both driver and non-turning-up workshy knobhead mate-he-aint? :unamused:

trouble is a lot of ‘temps’ who do mate work etc often think they are doing you a favour by turning up for work ( even if its late ) but in their defense a lot are on minimum wage and cant afford a car.

personally as is often mentioned a good office of say driver hire in 1 city will be offset by a bad office somewhere else.

i would be asking the agency for an explanation as to what happend with the disagreement mind as they should have done some form of checks.

I got a call off Pertemps out of the blue last year, said they were looking for someone in about 6 weeks, good pay, clean work, good hours etc. As I was working 0600 to 1600 at the time & couldn’t get in to sign up with them, the guy said he could meet me in a cafe I use every Saturday morning, he lives on the next estate along from me. He didn’t show or call. The next week he rang again, apologised & said he would be there the next Saturday, he didn’t show. Never heard from them again. Odd thing is I’ve never even been into, or rang, the office here so I’ve no idea why they called in the first place.

war1974:
trouble is a lot of ‘temps’ who do mate work etc often think they are doing you a favour by turning up for work ( even if its late )

Exactly right mate. You get that impression within the first 10 minutes or so. Some mates were so happy to’ve got a job or others that didn’t mind the physical side they just liked travelling around (most mates loved the London runs, for the sights I suppose).
Others on the other hand had to be practically pushed out of the cab, and were under the delusion that they were being paid to just ride about all day long.

I’ve heard the of similar problems with a branch in Glasgow. Think it depends who you get rather than a specific agency. Guy I get work from up here is quite good, but he’s not one of the ‘big boys’ like Driver Hire and Pertemps and the likes. Has kept me busy for the last 8 months, albeit I’ve not been busy this week yet.

I sub-contract to Pertemps via another agency. I am never tempted to go with them direct though (Pertemps) as their communication and delegatory skills are virtually non-existant. Ok people, but just a bit spacey for my liking. Last time I worked for them direct was when they were ‘in house’ at Budgens Wellingborough, some 12 years back.