Personal use on tacho

Hypothetically speaking,if I was weekended out foreign,and was too far to walk anywhere,could I use,as was done many many times,the tractor unit to say,head to somewhere nearer a town centre or some such,for recreation purposes.
For example,parked on a Friday evening and bounce into a town to get grub or be nearer a local amenity etc.
In days gone by,the wax chart would have been written on the back of.But with the digicards nowadays,is there an “out of scope” usage,and,more importantly,would it have an adverse affect on your weekly breaks etc.
Just a hypothetical question :smiley:

The personal use exemption is only up to 7.5t anyway, so you’d still be driving under tacho regs. The regs changed in 2006 to remove the personal use exemption over 7.5t.

MrFlibble:
The personal use exemption is only up to 7.5t anyway, so you’d still be driving under tacho regs. The regs changed in 2006 to remove the personal use exemption over 7.5t.

This ^^

Thanking you both.
Taxi or shanks mare for me and her so from now on!

Out of interest, if personal use has been removed, how do people get on when they take their working trucks to shows at weekends then return to work?

BB

Basilbrush:
Out of interest, if personal use has been removed, how do people get on when they take their working trucks to shows at weekends then return to work?

They use the tacho and hope they can still get their rest periods to allow them to do both the show and work.