Peripherique Paris

Can trucks use the Periphique around Paris on the west side ? I’ve got a drop on the N10 south of Paris I’m coming south on the A1 snooper says to use it but I’m unsure.

Iirc you have to come off and through versailles. Its got a height limit on.

You can use the whole of the peripherique no problem.

Peripherique is no problem, east or west.
Just beware of the 86 west, that is the one with the height restriction (2 meters) at Rueil Malmaison A86 and D913 junction. If you end up there, be prepaired to use your pigeon abilities, you’ll need them :wink:

If you need the N 10, just go paris ouest (west) from the a1 onto the peripherique ouest (west), take the exit for the A13, keep going, pick up the A12 en onto the N 10
or
go the long way round: the A 86 east, past the A6 and the A 10, take the N 12 and the N 10.

Good luck

jessicas dad:
Iirc you have to come off and through versailles. Its got a height limit on.

turnip:
You can use the whole of the peripherique no problem.

The reason for this conflicting advice is simple. Paris has 4 ring roads. Technically any one of them could be The Peripherique.

There is the Peripherique Interiour, which is the one that has Le Arc de Triumph as a roundabout and you’d have to be completely mad or absolutely desperate to take an artic around. Either of those options or being a lost English trucker. This is the one that insurance is suspended on.
Then there is Le Peripherique Exteriour, which is the one with all the Portes on it. Porte de La Chapelle, Porte de L’Italia etc. This is a big wide dual carriageway, just outside the city centre, the Boulevard Peripherique. It ducks into tunnels and gives you lots of unexpected views when it pops back up again. It’s extremely busy, but if you know where you are going and you join it at the right time it’s a useful road. I wouldn’t trust a sat-nav on it, it’ll duck into a tunnel at just that crucial moment.
Then there is the A86, which has some difficulties for trucks on its North Western part.
And finally the A104 / N104 also known as Le Francillienne.

Any of these might be referred to as The Peripherique, depending on who you’re talking to.
JD meant the A86, Turnip meant the Peripherique Exteriour.
None of us know which one you mean.

Simon as usual is bang on the money. But yes if someone says the peripherique I tend to think of the boulevard !!! Personally I give Paris as wide a berth as possible if I can.

The inner ring of the Boulevard Périphérique (the clockwise carriageway) is known as the Périphérique intérieur.

The outer (anticlockwise) ring is known as the Périphérique extérieur :wink:

HTH :slight_smile:

Simon, I’m sorry you have got it wrong and Inselaffe is spot on.
There is only one périphérique around Paris consisting of 2 carriageways, the one nearest the city centre and going clockwise is called the "Périphérique Intérieur " because its on the inside and the one going anti-clock is called the "Extérieur " as its on the outside.
The A84 and the Francillienne are just a ring road around the outer suburbs of the city

Inselaffe:
The inner ring of the Boulevard Périphérique (the clockwise carriageway) is known as the Périphérique intérieur.

The outer (anticlockwise) ring is known as the Périphérique extérieur :wink:

Oops, sorry, my balls-up :blush: :blush:

pierrot 14:
The A84 and the Francillienne are just a ring road around the outer suburbs of the city

A86?

Yes, I know the A86 and the A/N104/Francillienne are only ring roads, I already said so. But if you speak to most Brit truck drivers, they’ll refer to either of those as “The Peripherique”, as JD did with the 86.

What do they call that inner-inner ring road then? The one that has the Arc de Triumph as a roundabout? Not that it’s much of a ring road. Or have I misunderstood something, added 1 and 2 together n got 4 ?

Cheers guys, in the end I went around the east side on one of the outer ring roads, A3 A86 N12 then onto N10, it was late at night so traffic was ok and got parked up outside delivery point at 11pm. Paris is like most people say, a place to avoid and in my 23 yrs driving over there I have tried my best too, thats why I was unsure if I could or couldn’t use certain roads. My snooper told me to actually use the inner peripherique but I think I chose the right route, although during normal times I reckon that route would be chaos.

Paul:
My snooper told me to actually use the inner peripherique but I think I chose the right route, although during normal times I reckon that route would be chaos.

Photo0135.jpg

Quite :wink: