Period of license held

Was just applying for a vacancy through and agency and when she asked me how long I had my Class 1 and when I said oh roughly about a month, she said ‘right no problem, we’re not allowed to put in vacancies now “must hold license x amount of months or x amount of experience”’.

Interesting…

Have you had any joy with c+e yet Sam ?

Sam Millar:
Was just applying for a vacancy through and agency and when she asked me how long I had my Class 1 and when I said oh roughly about a month, she said ‘right no problem, we’re not allowed to put in vacancies now “must hold license x amount of months or x amount of experience”’.

Interesting…

It is interesting.
It would also be interesting to know why (assuming it isn’t more agency BS). Are we talking some sort of advertising legislation, anti-discrimination legislation or something else here? Whatever, it won’t overcome the problem (to us new drivers) of some insurance companies having ‘licence held’ or ‘experience’ terms. :frowning:

I’d be interested in seeing a link to this new law but frankly I think the agency was talking nonsense, how could the government of a so-called democracy tell employers that they can’t ask for experience for a job that requires it.

Sorry to sound negative but to be honest it sounds to me like the agency was probably making excuses for failing to put the full job requirements in the advert.

She never said it was a law she just said that it was their new company legislation again discrimation/equal opportunities.

Donna, no joy yet with CE unfortunately :frowning: getting fed up nowwww.

Sam Millar:
She never said it was a law she just said that it was their new company legislation again discrimation/equal opportunities.

Their company policy you mean, fair enough I misunderstood … sorry :wink:

I have to say thought that it does seem a bit of a daft policy, at the end of the day it’s the client who will decide who works there not the agency, so why not make it obvious in the adverts rather than messing people about :confused:

I think it is counter-productive when companies aren’t allowed to advertise the job in full detail. It’s like the fact that it would be illegal for somebody to advertise that they wanted a female only. They wouldn’t be allowed to advertise that, but if a female is what they want, then a female is what they are going to employ and it is simply a waste of my time me applying for it.

tachograph:
I have to say thought that it does seem a bit of a daft policy, at the end of the day it’s the client who will decide who works there not the agency, so why not make it obvious in the adverts rather than messing people about :confused:

If it stops the usual ‘must have a minimum 2 years experience’ from automatically going into every advert from an agency then it is a good thing. At least they may think about whether that is actually a requirement of the client rather than the usual copy and paste approach that many seem to take.

Had my C+E less than 24 hours went to agency today , was asked if i would do a three day assesment , i said yes an start my first run on monday night, two nights an on day .If alls ok then i get a start doing days /nights

misterg44:
Had my C+E less than 24 hours went to agency today , was asked if i would do a three day assesment , i said yes an start my first run on monday night, two nights an on day .If alls ok then i get a start doing days /nights

Will you be going out with another driver or working on your own ?

I hope you’re getting paid for that. :question:

NO , be going with another driver , no pay but have to make a start somewhere :confused:

Let’s play Hangman, I’ll go first. Is there an M? Yes there is an M. M_ _

Yes i know i must be MAD, better than just sitting on my ■■■■ with no income & a family to support ! this way atleast after three days i can start earning , do you not agree ?

misterg44:
Yes i know i must be MAD, better than just sitting on my ■■■■ with no income & a family to support ! this way atleast after three days i can start earning , do you not agree ?

I agree providing you do get a full time job however most on here won’t see it that way :slight_smile:

If I was offered that proposition i’d probably take it too right now to be fair.

mrpj:

misterg44:

I agree providing you do get a full time job however most on here won’t see it that way :slight_smile:

He is unlikely to be offered a full time job with an agency. He will however find himself being used and abused regularly as he has shown he is willing to put up with bullshi…

44 Tonne Ton:
He is unlikely to be offered a full time job with an agency.

True, I missed that part of the post.

tachograph:
I’d be interested in seeing a link to this new law but frankly I think the agency was talking nonsense, how could the government of a so-called democracy tell employers that they can’t ask for experience for a job that requires it.

Sorry to sound negative but to be honest it sounds to me like the agency was probably making excuses for failing to put the full job requirements in the advert.

The same government who agreed to the age limit being 18 to drive a 44 tonner.

Go for it at the least you get a bit of real life driving something to put on your cv and you never know paid work at the end
good luck :laughing: