Pereodic cpc training

Am a bit baffled at the mo as to what courses can and cant be done for pereodic cpc training.
was wondering what you can and can’t do and prices etc ?
What is everyone else doing ?
Just need some good hhints and tips really folks

Cheers :wink:

Hi. Google JAUPT and that will lead you to course details. Then contact the trainer offering the course for prices.

Rates vary of course - as does quality. Low prices are £20 per day. High prices £160 per day. Most will be +VAT and there is a DSA fee of £8.75 which is normally added to the fee. So bear that in mind.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

And if you go for a £20 class, don’t moan when you learn’t nowt from a poor quality course.

Noworries:
And if you go for a £20 class, don’t moan when you learn’t nowt from a poor quality course.

and thats where it goes wrong as you dont have to learn anything just sit there as there is no exam

runner bean:
Am a bit baffled at the mo as to what courses can and cant be done for pereodic cpc training.
was wondering what you can and can’t do and prices etc ?

Hi runner bean,

Here’s a link to the JAUPT website where you can find locations AND types of courses:

:arrow_right: http://www.drivercpc.org/en/approved-centres-courses/

I hope this helps. :smiley:

And if I was more computer literate, I could have done that earlier - sorry! Pete :laughing: :laughing: Thanks Dave

Noworries:

On the other hand, to many people the main priority will be to get the training as cheaply as possible, seems like a good plan to me.

Clearly the cost of the course cant be the definitive indicator as to the quality. My thought is that drivers have no option but to complete the 35 hours so they may as well make sure they get something out of it. It’s the same amount of time spent either way.

But until it’s been running a bit longer, recommendations will be difficult to come by.

And I still maintain that, delivered well, the driver cpc is a reasonable way of updating knowledge and driver skills. And many drivers leaving at the end of the day have confirmed that. (Often the ones who are most verbal at the start of the day about what a total waste of time, rip off, what are you going to teach me - I’ve been driving trucks ■■ years).

Personally, I believe there should be some form of test/exam to confirm the learning from the day. But that’s another issue.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Clearly the cost of the course cant be the definitive indicator as to the quality. My thought is that drivers have no option but to complete the 35 hours so they may as well make sure they get something out of it. It’s the same amount of time spent either way.

I agree, but to a driver who’s struggling to find decent paid regular work, the cost of maintaining his/her entitlement to drive commercially is likely to be the main consideration.

Thanks for all your input everyone. :slight_smile:
I shall have to get my head down and work out the best way to go. Would really like to ‘GET’ something for my money tho ! Something both useful and something that can be used.
Really think the whole dcpc does need serious tweaking tho.

I’d rather pay £20 than £160 never mind the quality of the course.

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?fngp3w
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

That’s a tricky one to answer! I 100% understand what you say. But can you see that by going for a very cheap course you let yourself in for unexpected joys such as last minute cancellation (the course would have to be fully sold to run) and it being run in possibly poor accomodation. You may not think this is important, but to sit for 7 hours in sweltering heat in a non air-conditioned room aint gonna be good. The standard of delivery is almost certainly going to be poor as there’s insufficient revenue to pay the tutor properly.

The last £20 offering was from URTU who lost their JAUPT approval as they were running the courses and finishing early. Great, you say. Except that the time you’ve just spend counts for nothing. So it’s all wasted - time and money.

Personally, I see no need to charge the top end of the fees. But I do see a need to show sufficient profit to be interested in doing the job properly and maintaining the JAUPT and DSA 100% clear audit record. Also the ability to run the course if not fully sold. In fact, we have yet to cancel any driver cpc course since Sept 2008.

The driver cpc attracts a bad press. As normal, it’s fuelled by people who have yet to attend one. Yes, it’s flawed and it needs radical tweaking. Give it time and I believe it will happen. It has to be done, no way out of it. So you may as well enjoy it and learn stuff at the same time without having to mortgage the house.

Go ahead and pay £20. Buyer beware!! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

That’s a tricky one to answer! I 100% understand what you say. But can you see that by going for a very cheap course you let yourself in for unexpected joys such as last minute cancellation (the course would have to be fully sold to run) and it being run in possibly poor accomodation. You may not think this is important, but to sit for 7 hours in sweltering heat in a non air-conditioned room aint gonna be good. The standard of delivery is almost certainly going to be poor as there’s insufficient revenue to pay the tutor properly.

The last £20 offering was from URTU who lost their JAUPT approval as they were running the courses and finishing early. Great, you say. Except that the time you’ve just spend counts for nothing. So it’s all wasted - time and money.

Personally, I see no need to charge the top end of the fees. But I do see a need to show sufficient profit to be interested in doing the job properly and maintaining the JAUPT and DSA 100% clear audit record. Also the ability to run the course if not fully sold. In fact, we have yet to cancel any driver cpc course since Sept 2008.

The driver cpc attracts a bad press. As normal, it’s fuelled by people who have yet to attend one. Yes, it’s flawed and it needs radical tweaking. Give it time and I believe it will happen. It has to be done, no way out of it. So you may as well enjoy it and learn stuff at the same time without having to mortgage the house.

Go ahead and pay £20. Buyer beware!! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

then why go fit the top end of the price range when at the end if the day it means [zb] all,
Whilst the cheaper end such as URTU lose there JAUPT accreditation for being a con, the higher priced end are a con for the driver cause all you get at the end of that is the same as the lower end a worthless qualification

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?2iq05z
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

it means [zb] all,

Except you can continue driving past Sept 2014. Trivial to some, quite important to others. Pete :laughing: :laughing: