People who run out of fuel on motorways

I recently had a call from a driver who’s vehicle had cut out on the motorway. I asked if he’d got fuel in it & he said he had. He also said the guage was wrong because it was showing empty when he got into the vehicle, but when he went to fill it up it only took 7 litres. Turns out he’d topped up the fridge tank. The main tank was as dry as a bone.

Fat Controller:
I recently had a call from a driver who’s vehicle had cut out on the motorway. I asked if he’d got fuel in it & he said he had. He also said the guage was wrong because it was showing empty when he got into the vehicle, but when he went to fill it up it only took 7 litres. Turns out he’d topped up the fridge tank. The main tank was as dry as a bone.

Shame he didn’t fill the truck with Gas Oil, gaffer would have been £££ in lol

There’s a warning at the Blackwall Tunnel saying penalty for out of fuel in tunnel, so i guess penalties can be applied, but do think that penalty points should be added to anyone who causes delays through their own stupidity!!!

Not what you guys want to hear I’m sure, but I don’t even think about going near a fuel station until the fuel light comes on, then I fill it to the brim. I’ve had 50 miles out of it with the fuel light on, when the fuel light comes on, I take that as if to say “Driver, I’am running low on diesel” but when the fuel light starts to flash, I take that as “Driver… are you blind■■? Add fuel asap”

I can get about 600 miles to a tank, I usually fill up every second week.

due to a faulty guage,i ran out of petrol (not on a m/way),in my Triumph Herald a couple of years ago…didn’t realise at the time it has a ‘reserve’ switch on the tank!

G6Bob:
Not what you guys want to hear I’m sure, but I don’t even think about going near a fuel station until the fuel light comes on, then I fill it to the brim. I’ve had 50 miles out of it with the fuel light on, when the fuel light comes on, I take that as if to say “Driver, I’am running low on diesel” but when the fuel light starts to flash, I take that as “Driver… are you blind■■? Add fuel asap”

I can get about 600 miles to a tank, I usually fill up every second week.

I fill up with around £55 and if I drive really really steady I can get 200 miles :slight_smile:

Darb:
I have a Focus ST and can just about make it from one services to the next :mrgreen:

I have one too!!

Thetaff2:

Darb:
I have a Focus ST and can just about make it from one services to the next :mrgreen:

I have one too!!

I’ve got a 1980 Honda CB900f bike. One of those that these modern Retro bikes are based on.
Twin overhead cam, 16 valve, 4 carbs, 4 Gallon tank.
I sometimes don’t make it from one petrol station to the next :smiley:

Came off the boat once in Calais the fuel gauge said 15lts,the light had come on over an hour ago.
Past the total garage and got on the motorway towards belguim and the gauge went to 0lts,0kms!!
And I still made it to Verne,my ■■■ was twitching abit tho!!

Thetaff2:

Darb:

I have one too!!

Fun aren’t they, I little different to doing 56 all night :slight_smile:

Awesome car only had it a few months does drink the fuel though if you boot it!!

Simon:
I’ve got a 1980 Honda CB900f bike. One of those that these modern Retro bikes are based on.
Twin overhead cam, 16 valve, 4 carbs, 4 Gallon tank.
I sometimes don’t make it from one petrol station to the next :smiley:

Here’s my old bike, that was a little thirsty too :slight_smile:

Carrying extra fuel in the tank is better than putting less in more often. Once a week is fine for me and definitely better than 3 times a week. I have been close but never run out of fuel and i used to keep £50 stashed away in the car so even if i did desperately need petrol and didn’t have my bank card, i could still get petrol. Its quite easy to not run out of fuel :unamused:

I bought a yr 2000 VW Golf Gti on Sunday while my Mondeo ST Tdci is awaiting yet another fuel pump. Driving it home the computer told me I was getting 10.9 mpg. I turned onto the road to my parents house and it suddenly jumped to 49.9. I don’t think that reading is anywhere near accurate.

Here’s mine…

Thetaff2:
Here’s mine…

I wanted an ST but with our first baby due in November and the fact our lass doesn’t want me to have a car where I’ll be tear arseing around like Hamilton I had to buy something a bit more praticle and bought and Audi A6 2.0 TDI bleeding women interfering in men’s stuff! :smiling_imp: :smiley: it’s a lovely car though and praticle for when the baby is here but the next one will probably be something like A 2.5-3.0 Quatro with about 180bhp and maybe get it chipped :wink:

scania king kev:
I bought a yr 2000 VW Golf Gti on Sunday while my Mondeo ST Tdci is awaiting yet another fuel pump. Driving it home the computer told me I was getting 10.9 mpg. I turned onto the road to my parents house and it suddenly jumped to 49.9. I don’t think that reading is anywhere near accurate.0

I got one of these (1.8 Turbo) and the fuel computer has two display options, instant and average. Can get about 31mpg out of it round town if driven like a ■■■■■ or 25mpg if driven properly.
I’m getting about 21 :wink:

Thetaff2:
Here’s mine…

Very nice!! I see you opted for the non yob colour :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Thetaff2:
Here’s mine…

I wanted an ST but with our first baby due in November and the fact our lass doesn’t want me to have a car where I’ll be tear arseing around like Hamilton I had to buy something a bit more praticle and bought and Audi A6 2.0 TDI bleeding women interfering in men’s stuff! :smiling_imp: :smiley: it’s a lovely car though and praticle for when the baby is here but the next one will probably be something like A 2.5-3.0 Quatro with about 180bhp and maybe get it chipped :wink:

Mines going up for sale soon if you grow a pair gis a shout :grimacing: :wink: :grimacing:

Oh and Steve say ayup to your TPN driver (the one that finishes earlier) I used to speak with him when we got chance :smiley:
(When we got chance just means when we were both awake at the same time ) :laughing:

Darb:

Thetaff2:
Here’s mine…

Very nice!! I see you opted for the non yob colour :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Thetaff2:
Here’s mine…

Mines going up for sale soon if you grow a pair gis a shout :grimacing: :wink: :grimacing:

Oh and Steve say ayup to your TPN driver (the one that finishes earlier) I used to speak with him when we got chance :smiley:
(When we got chance just means when we were both awake at the same time ) :laughing:

Cheeky ■■■■■ :grimacing: you on about the young fella with the glasses pal?

Nah tall guy, brown shoes, he’s usually back at your yard early hours, the other one is at Minworth all night :smiley: