People Opening Your Cab Doors

Am I unreasonable in being annoyed by this? Sat being loaded on site and labourer’s just opened my door to talk random ■■■■■■■■ like “I bet it’s warmer in there, drive.”
I had to be a miserable git and reply with a gruff “it was until you opened my door.”
Why even bother me?

It’s nice to have something to be angry about.

You will be getting us lorry drivers a bad name with an attitude like that. :wink:

If I’m in the truck the doors are locked!

I was once leaning on my door reading when some zb opened it. Ever since then I lock it. If anybody asks why, I usually tell them it’s to stop zb’s like them from opening it! :astonished:

And yes, it really winds me up as I perceive it to be an invasion of private space.

The problem is you all doing it wrong,

What you do is open the door first and start talking ■■■■■■■■, :smiley:

I find if I tell them how I just missed a ferry, had my truck coned off the week before because I ran out of hours and am only doing this to help a mate out on my week off from running a major dot.com business. they soon go away. :laughing:

" when the cabs a rockin, dont come knockin "

other side of coin .
Laugh as much as you like ,
your daughter is in here ,

Really don’t see the big deal tbh! Happens, what, once a week/month ish?

Nothing to get upset over :slight_smile:

Not entirely the same, I was doing a drop and swap and they came out with the paperwork and just said “I’ll leave it in your cab”, before I could say I’d just take it from them (I was on the legs at the time so round the other side) they’d already gone and done it. I was not impressed…

I find it a bit irritating when they just open the door on you, but I tend to be quite good at spotting them in my peripheral in the mirrors so usually I open the door before they can pull on the handle. I keep it locked most of the time too because of this anyway.

A few yrs ago when I was “a limper” I was sat waiting at a drop and I had a coffee from their machine but for some reason placed it on the offside window ledge (where your right arm sits) warehouse bod comes along without me clocking him opens door and … :smiley: you’ve guessed it.

Had a driver do that when I had a coffee on the door, phone was resting on the steering wheel I jumped to grab the coffee bloody phone went s flyer broken screen :smiling_imp: a few choice words he never came near me again

Muckaway:
Am I unreasonable in being annoyed by this? Sat being loaded on site and labourer’s just opened my door to talk random ■■■■■■■■ like “I bet it’s warmer in there, drive.”
I had to be a miserable git and reply with a gruff “it was until you opened my door.”
Why even bother me?

No, you are not unreasonable. I hate it when people think they can just open the doors. It is my home for the week. That’s why I keep the doors locked. I also lock e doors when I am delivering/collecting. If I’m out of the cab, the doors are locked. And mostly when I’m in the cab too.

If I wanted to listen to inane drivel, I’d tune my wireless to BBC 2…

Have to say it does wind me up.

Get a Renault Magnum though and it will cut down on 75% of it.

Opening a drivers door is inviting the sole of a boot in the kisser. Mind you, that’d improve the look of a lot of 'em. :slight_smile:

I used to sometimes run with this lad, he was a good lad and a right laugh, but when I have my break I like to lie on the bunk, switch all the noise off and just vegitate, but this lad would be climbing in. "THOUGHT I WOULD COME AND JOIN YA FOR A BIT OF CRACK) I must add this wasn’t ‘crack-cocaine’, crack was his term for chat. And then he would tell me in his fog horn voice all about the last four hours of driving, like I hadn’t been there or something :unamused: . Think he was hyper active or something, a good laugh on a saturday night, but if running with him during the week he would do me heed in.

You mean ‘craic’ if your mate was of the Irish variety.

mrginge:
You mean ‘craic’ if your mate was of the Irish variety.

aye, that be the one, it was a common word where i was brought up, never hear where i am now.

Bluey Circles:
I used to sometimes run with this lad, he was a good lad and a right laugh, but when I have my break I like to lie on the bunk, switch all the noise off and just vegitate, but this lad would be climbing in. "THOUGHT I WOULD COME AND JOIN YA FOR A BIT OF CRACK) I must add this wasn’t ‘crack-cocaine’, crack was his term for chat. And then he would tell me in his fog horn voice all about the last four hours of driving, like I hadn’t been there or something :unamused: . Think he was hyper active or something, a good laugh on a saturday night, but if running with him during the week he would do me heed in.

Reminds me of when I used to do furniture delivery to every corner of Britain, double manned, 15-21 hours a day etc etc…

Ran with this Romanian guy who was built like a brick ■■■■ house, didn’t speak much English but was the best guy to work with of the lot, always friendly and insisted on lifting the heaviest items himself… “Knock yourself out bud!” You know the score.

They used to put one of us up in a hotel while one would sleep in the cab, and the idea was to alternate each day, but I always slept in the cab, I preferred it (don’t ask). Anyway, he had this awful, awful habit of appearing 15 mins early, i.e. if we agreed 0530 start, he’d be there at 0515, if it was 0700, he’d be knocking on the window at 0645. And I mean KNOCKING. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, on every corner of the cab, and there he’d be, already showered, shaven, and holdall ready to go. Fair play to be honest, but one cold, rainy morning I decided I was having a lie in, so text him saying don’t bother coming down yet, god knows KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK about 20 mins early… I cracked the window down and told him to go back to bed :sunglasses:

Own Account Driver:
Have to say it does wind me up. Get a Renault Magnum though and it will cut down on 75% 99 % of it.

:grimacing: ftfy

I lock my door all the time just on past experiences. I’ve been having a 45 in layby spark out against the door and someone has opened it asking for directions and I’ve nearly fell out! I’ve had junkies open my door looking for spare change for the bus, I’ve had ■■■■ heads open it asking for a ■■■. It’s looked all the time now, probably not great if you’re involved in a crash etc but a don’t care.

Don’t know why people do it. You’d never get that sitting in your car, someone just randomly opening your door.