People from West Yorkshire!

Hi guys from Bradford and surrounding areas, could you tell me what is the situation with work there? Is it easy to get 5 days a week on Class 2 please? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Palmer and Harveys.

It’s a lot of graft but only 4 days and longer hours, what I hear but it could be a start.
I thunk they pay 12 p/h. Overtime is normally available and better paid.

I have been using Talstaff, although they are South Yorkshire they have work in West down Pontefract/Elmsall way. However I am only looking for one day and they have kept me busy with pre booked work when others can’t.

Loads of agencies around West Yorkshire ringing me for full time work though, have a look on indeed etc.

You get about a bit then?

Loads about around Bradford, Leeds, Normanton mate, depends what your after. Days, nights etc.

Limping - try Pertemps or drivers direct.

Full time job - walkers, longs, joda freight, vernon land, mcdowels, bibbys, Dhl, xpo, freight route, farsely transport among many others. Some pay ok others minimum wage.

Door knocking goes a long way where I work. Gaffer prefers drivers actively seeking work.

Gees Wakey were advertising for class 2 last week I think? No idea of pay tho. Walkers at Morley will be more than likely looking for drivers too

mbax81:
Walkers at Morley will be more than likely looking for drivers too

There’s a reason for that…

Walkers is part of the ‘Leeds Triangle’. Drivers go from Walkers to Longs to Bedfords and back to Walkers again.

yourhavingalarf:

mbax81:
Walkers at Morley will be more than likely looking for drivers too

There’s a reason for that…

Walkers is part of the ‘Leeds Triangle’. Drivers go from Walkers to Longs to Bedfords and back to Walkers again.

And they all 3 are ■■■■■ too

Couldn’t agree more. Some drivers slate the bigger companies out there XPO, DHL, Maritime and the likes around west yorks but they pay more than the triangle and you get treated slightly better (sometimes if you are prepared to stand up for yourself)

Gee’s have just bought quite a few new rigids, but I don’t know what they are like to work for