Pentus Brown Scania Vabis

Anyone out there got any pictures of the Scania Vabis that a guy called Zip used to drive on Pentus Brown, it looked smart in the red and green as did the later Volvo’s that run under the HG Brown banner. Zip helped me out quite a few times when I was a Newbie.

;hi my name dave i used 2 work for pentus back in 1970s i started park time when i used 2 come home one leave from the army i used 2 drive a 4 wheeler on cement. i know most of the old drivers I think u might also know my brother brian my nickname they know me by was GINGER

for lb76 you know it went from HG Brown to Pentus brown later

Thought you guys might like this, Me and John Brown at a rally with his traction engine, must be early 80’s because it’s before I moved to RKBs.

P.S. John’s the one with the jacket and bowler, well, he was the gaffer.

Lovely photo mate, thanks for sharing that with us!

SUPERCUBE:
i remember zip, he went on to work for the french firm STOUFF along with patsy brennan and a few other brits. i heard somewhere they were financed by the kermit government, the firm that is, not the drivers, most likely another urban myth.

Pat Brenner married Jeanette who ran the routiers near the fire station in Bellegarde. Often wonder what he’s doing now? Last time I saw him was in the import BR office in Eastern docks. He was on for Stouff & was giving a bunch of his French mates directions thru London,before the M25 was built. :laughing:

I knew that I had one somewhere !

hi everybody i remember that old scania with those ///// bricks hard work in those days thanks for picture dave known then as ginger

hi saw the name zip and asked one of my mates who also worked there Ted dunston.zip was his late brother.

hi there,
Ive got a rather large collection of HG/Pentus Brown pics i will send you a few if you wish
cheers
bill

i remember zip, he went on to work for the french firm STOUFF along with patsy brennan and a few other brits. i heard somewhere they were financed by the kermit government, the firm that is, not the drivers, most likely another urban myth.

I have photos of Pentus and John Brown with Mack trucks at their yard in Leighton Buzzard, but none of the Scanias’. If you would like copies of them. I am Roys (Zip) brother and I used to run to Italy in the Scania Vabis as well. HMJ 795F was my registration number.

Hi Ted,
I would love to borrow those pics of JB you mentioned,If ever anyone went before their time it was John.
I lave in Market Rasen Lincs. now
would love to hear from you about any of the old drivers as well

found the td about the lb76 a hingley restored will post it up at the weekend :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m researching a book on H G Brown ( Pentus). i’d be really grateful for any info, stories or photos that may help.

Cheers
Martin

Hi there,
I worked for john brown for 2 years on the iran run and after that on the italian and other europe runs i have got loads of photos i can share if you would get in touch you would be most welcome to share any that i have
Bill Robins

Sonic Ted:
I have photos of Pentus and John Brown with Mack trucks at their yard in Leighton Buzzard, but none of the Scanias’. If you would like copies of them. I am Roys (Zip) brother and I used to run to Italy in the Scania Vabis as well. HMJ 795F was my registration number.

Hi ted hope you r well. Have only just seen this on here would like to see more pictures of Pents fleet on here. Was talking with you at Blondies funeral you took over my old F10 at Sids when i left PBW 616W.

Hi

Thanks for the offer of help with photos ect im not able to rply on this site so if you could e mail me i would be greatful
i have some of my own information and some from old local drivers . The company has a very interesting history and links with Foden .

Regards

Martin mplattypuss@ntl.com

HI I’m looking for any pics and stories of pentus brown my dad was Roy Dunstan, (ZIP) mum left him when I was 5 remeber the yard and the new volvo he gotin 1968/9 my e mail lester26@ymail.com many thanks for your time lester Dunstan :smiley: