Pentalver Cannock

We don’t earn top dollar and for this reason drivers leave quicker than the firm can hire. Now they have decided rather than pay us better, bringing our money up to the norm they are taking on agency drivers who will be earning almost £2 an hour more than us, and getting overtime sooner, any comments guy’s… :angry:

Look for something else, but while your there milk em for every penny you can get.

Or become agency driver for them and get a two quid a hour rise.

either

jobcentreplus.gov.uk

or talk to them, tell them you’re not happy about this

( are you a union member? )

I am a union member and I have phoned the agency involved but they say they can’t put my name forward because I already work for the company… :angry:

So what you’re saying Smee, is that I should not accept the job that John Scott offered me on Saturday and that I should go to the Agency instead. :open_mouth:

Would the take home pay be the same though, I was told on Saturday that I would get paid for 55 hours regardless of whether I did that. The Agency job I saw on the jobcentre website was only offering 45 hours work @ £9.50 p/h. Do you regularly hit the 55 hour mark :question:

Have you tried Tesco’s @ Fradley. They have been heavily recruiting in the local free papers for Class 1 drivers. I rang myself but they want 2 years experience :cry:

If you’re interested, Ring Julie or Gaz @ Midlands Driver Recruitment Ltd on 01827 55538 or 07710 579612

Ian.

No Ian I am not saying don’t take the job, job security is worth a lot of money and you would have to do something very stupid to get the sack from Pentalvers.
But I can’t see where the management of the company are coming from when they would prefer to take on agency drivers rather than pay the existing work force a reasonable wage…
:question:

im hoping to go to pentalver when i get my class 1 licence to get some experience, i know a driver from there who has been there a few months and likes it even if the money isnt great - i will apply to them directly as id rather work for the company for a bit less money and have the security rather than work for an agency.

On the plus side, Container delivery/collection work is the easiest truck driving job you will ever have. You are just the chauffeur taking the box from A to B and have no part in the loading or unloading of the vehicle what so ever, lots of time to sleep, read,watch tv ect,… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m working for a firm subbing for Pentalvers and ever so slightly ■■■■■■ off!
Tipped a box today and was told there was a reload just inside London tomorrow, fine they faxed the details through to my office, turns out this London is Central and the box has to go not to Southampton but Felixstowe, Bang goes my plans for the weekend!
Fed up with not being told the whole truth. Can’t wait to go back on general!!

Smee:
We don’t earn top dollar and for this reason drivers leave quicker than the firm can hire. Now they have decided rather than pay us better, bringing our money up to the norm they are taking on agency drivers who will be earning almost £2 an hour more than us, and getting overtime sooner, any comments guy’s… :angry:

i work for pentalver cannock aswell couldnt organise a ■■■■■■ in brewery, they are asking the nite drivers to do this scunthorpe run but we have been told that we are not getting the early start money, the nite guys should get together and say that we wont do this unles we get the early start money but i know they wont they are just alod of ok people

For the guys who work for Pentalver is the amount of work you get constant or does it get busy at times and then very quiet? Am just assuming that theyre hiring agency while the works good, then when it gets quiet they’ll just send em packing, better that than have drivers sitting round on a salary i guess :confused:

carefull you never know who reads pages on here.

if you want to keep your jobs watch what you say, pentalver bosses read pages on here.

I did sub work for Bowmurs when they were still in Castle Street Brownhills (many moons ago)- name change and (yet) another new depot with new owners, nothing much has changed by the sound of it.

try working for my boss £350 basic 21.00 per night out away four to five nights and he says we are the best paid in the industry ■■? pulling containers for proffit ■■? rant over :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

because agency blokes get paid more
doesnt necessarily mean its costing company more
when you take the extra cost of employing
such as holiday pay, employers NI, uniform ect

Final warning regarding posting rumours about this company, I have said quite clearly that there are a number of rumours floating about NONE of which as yet are substantiated.

I have asked the Journalists to look nto the various comments that have already been removed from here and will let you know any results they achieve.

In the meantime Stop posting the rumours, as they will be removed without warning, and if any member insists on repeating them time and time again they will have to be put onto pre-moderated status.

Smee:

Jack it in and go there on agency :grimacing: :grimacing: