pensions

have never noticed any provision for pension in any canadian trucking companies web site and so does this perk not happen in canada and also what happens to my state pension when i move abroad(well im 35 so kinda now thinking it is something else to think aout)

i have looked into emmigrating to canada and the pension issue is a big thing for me.maybe and probably i am making to big an issue over it.
however most if not all of the companies after drivers do have contributory pension schemes. its probably the law, just like in the uk.
that said i have not come across one who offers a final salary pension, but maybe i have not looked hard enough.
also most companies here in the uk have stopped new employees joining there final salary schemes.

not looked into it but at a guess i would say that a state pension could be transferred over.

after reading through this particular forum it still surprises me when people say that , wages are lower and this and that is lower in canada etc,etc.
i earn ■■■■ good money driving in the uk, but money isnt everything.
they probably cant get their heads around all that converting back to pounds.
when in reality the best thing to do is to totally forget the pound.
if you do decide to make a move to anywhere else. drop the pound.

ps.
to all you guys who have gone to canada, keep the posts coming and enjoy it all. :wink:

As regards State Pension Daycrawler, it depends on which country you are emigrating to. In the European Union you get your UK pension with appropriate increases in the normal way. There are some differences - Incapacity Benefit can continue in the UK after pension age but not abroad and unless you got the Winter Fuel Allowance before leaving you won’t get that either.
But, the big thing is if you emigrate somewhere like Australia. For some reason beyond the bounds of all comprehension you get your pension at the initial rate, but no increases. If say you went there and started your pension in 1960, you’d still be on £5 a week now. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I don’t know if this applies to Canada but the strange thing is, not to the USA - I think. :unamused:

All Canadians pay into and at age 65 receive the CANADA PENSION. CPP is deducted at source from pay cheques. You cannot avoid paying into CPP until you turn 65.
There are many other pension options.
Most companies in Canada offer a pension plan; each though is unique so you must inquire.
As far as the state pension plan in Britain; there are treaties between countries and you should check with the British authorities on what the agreement is between Canada and Britain.