Penrith parking?

As above does anyone know of any parking around Penrith, preferably not in the truckstop? Wouldn’t mind a walk into town.

Thanks
Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Dougs diner gets some good reviews .

There’s a couple of laybys, but they’re usually rammed.

Bit late now as probably taken you can park on the road past the truckstop and walk down the path which brings you out behind station and into town.

red7jase:
Bit late now as probably taken you can park on the road past the truckstop and walk down the path which brings you out behind station and into town.

Is that past jenkinson truck stop you mean? Drove round there and there’s signs all over the place no Hgv parking between 8pm and 6am?

Matt.

I’ve seen wagon s on that bit of road by the path everytime I’ve been there! The last time was about 4 weeks ago.

MarDale rd

If you go past the truck stop and turn right then left into the next industrial estate you can park all down there but not sure how far to walk into town off hand.

Punchy Dan:

It’s a brilliant place. One of my favourites. You’d have to be an utter ■■■■ to use the main truckstop.

Why’s that then? I stopped there last night having been put off by the ‘no parking’ signs Matt mentioned and no-one else on the road. Food was decent enough, clean showers, did I miss something?

Tris:

Punchy Dan:

It’s a brilliant place. One of my favourites. You’d have to be an utter ■■■■ to use the main truckstop.

Ye your right it’s a dump , I once hired a day cab and had to endure a bedroom there stunk of smoke ( was before the smoking ban ) and mould ,never again .

mr.scruff:
Why’s that then? I stopped there last night having been put off by the ‘no parking’ signs Matt mentioned and no-one else on the road. Food was decent enough, clean showers, did I miss something?

The food is crap. Overpriced too. You get a poxy voucher that’s worthless as they put a premium on the food price so you pay full price for what you’re getting anyway.

Dougs on the other hand has a nice shower, and the food is superb and included in the parking. You can even have sirloin steak or a mixed grill, and everything is homemade right down to the chips and you get a big pot of tea.

Plus it’s a friendlier place, just a couple of women in the cafe that you get to know.