Penalty Charge Notices

James Bateman2:

cieranc:
I got one for parking a wrecker in a bus lane. I was recovering a broken down bus.

Kin nob heads.

I know what i’ll do next time, park the wrecker in the traffic lane and winch the bus over, so the road is closed completely.
See if that makes them any happier.

Unbelievable.
Did you pay it mate ?

No way. Had to appeal it though, and explain why I was parked there!

I think authorities should be made to pay something as a form of compensation in any successful appeals for the aggravation as they’re far too slap happy issuing tickets.

cieranc:

James Bateman2:

cieranc:
I got one for parking a wrecker in a bus lane. I was recovering a broken down bus.

Kin nob heads.

I know what i’ll do next time, park the wrecker in the traffic lane and winch the bus over, so the road is closed completely.
See if that makes them any happier.

Unbelievable.
Did you pay it mate ?

No way. Had to appeal it though, and explain why I was parked there!

Nice one. :wink:

Own Account Driver:
I think authorities should be made to pay something as a form of compensation in any successful appeals for the aggravation as they’re far too slap happy issuing tickets.

Some do already.

On a ticket I won on, the small print said I could claim expenses for my successful appeal.
I think it was the bus lane one…on the Camberwell Rd nr Brixton.
I got a couple of quid :astonished:

limeyphil:
there are some derogations withing the road traffic regulations/highway code.
although cars can’t use the chevrons on an approach to traffic lights, or cross a solid white line in the middle of a road. it is completely legal for a hgv to do these things due to the size of the vehicle, but you have to have good reason for doing it.
so to cross into a bus lane in order to make your turn would be acceptable, but to travel on it without good reason wouldn’t be acceptable.

Sorry Phil, not so. Cars can cross a solid white line or enter chevrons in certain circumstances. Highway code rule 129 (Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 26) and rule 130 (Laws MT(E&W)R regs 5, 9, 10 & 16, MT(S)R regs 4, 8, 9 & 14, RTA sect 36 & TSRGD 10(1)) apply.

I can’t see any excpetions made for HGVs that make the rules different to those for other drivers but, as always, I am prepared to listen to anyone who can tell me different.

OP, maybe the reason you haven’t been done previously is because this current fine was sent out by accident?

I would appeal it by explaining the situation with proof. Nothing at all to loose.

OVLOV JAY:
Crown services in hatfield heath. Got the old “it’s gone really quiet” crap. Funny that, as I had been regularly knocking in 70-80 hrs for 6 months and it was a month before Christmas :unamused:

Think Crown only in Sainsburys through H&G - not direct. Go for H&G and you masy get a better rate :smiley:

I worked there 8 years ago when it first opened. They had it direct. I’ve only done 3 months of agency work since, so can’t comment on h&g as never worked for them. For the record I wouldn’t work for sainsburys direct at waltham point. It was great in 2004, but I had 3 days there in 2010 and I will never work there again. It is an awful job tbh. I would work at rye park though. Infact, it’s the only job that would tempt me away from maritime at the moment

i appealed a pcn for one of our drivers yesterday i got a nice email back saying they were looking into it and it would take 12-16 WEEKS yes thats right WEEKS so i would appeal it just to spread the cost of it and that was in nottingham! :open_mouth: