Pedestrian attacks cyclist

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34051926

Big brave ■■■■■■ eh? Attacking a woman like that when he was clearly at fault for walking out on her like that. Wonder if he’d have done it if it had been a six foot, 200 pound fella? Hope he dies in a house fire! :imp:

Just another nutcase who can’t be told anything. The kind of person who stabs a bystander who intervenes in a verbal distpute.

Find out who he is, and bust him. 'Nuff said. :imp:

You wonder if he would have done it to a fella, very much doubt it. Bet he beats up his Mrs in the house aswell.

Scumbag :unamused:

He’s a ■■■■ no doubt about it.

But he wasn’t exactly walking out in front of her. He’s looked towards her, seen her, and slowed his pace in anticipation of her going past.

The cyclist spoke up I guess as she was a little miffed at having to spot him as a hazard and felt aggrieved at having to slow down. But like most people these days, the lecture isn’t well received.

This is the trouble with having Danny Dyer in eastenders. All these plastic mockneys have swarmed the area. Probably a Shoreditch hipster

el_presidente:
He’s a [zb] no doubt about it.

But he wasn’t exactly walking out in front of her. He’s looked towards her, seen her, and slowed his pace in anticipation of her going past.

The cyclist spoke up I guess as she was a little miffed at having to spot him as a hazard and felt aggrieved at having to slow down. But like most people these days, the lecture isn’t well received.

Not defending the him but according to the video the guy who ran after her and pushed off her bike, she had give him the swivel middle finger gesture, if true maybe she will think twice about giving someone the finger next time , Also why was she recording, infact why do any of those helmet cam wearing numpties go out and record their journey’s ? there has to be something going on in their grey matter for them to even want to buy the cameras in the first place

tommy t:

el_presidente:

Not defending the him but according to the video the guy who ran after her and pushed off her bike, she had give him the swivel middle finger gesture, if true maybe she will think twice about giving someone the finger next time , Also why was she recording, infact why do any of those helmet cam wearing numpties go out and record their journey’s ? there has to be something going on in their grey matter for them to even want to buy the cameras in the first place

+1.my sentiments exactly…she has a cam as she is a perfect example of the grade a a-holes that ride bikes now in ever increasing numbers.they all seem to be well balanced by having a chip on both shoulders. the dudes still a degenerate for clouting a bint,but these cyclists deserve all they get for having the attitude as shown so often.there a red rag to a bull in my book.even if theyre not actively kissing whales or hugging trees.

Saw another stooopid cyclist ‘event’ just today. Driving through the town centre, in the opposite carriageway there were three lads cycling along. Normal blokes, in work clothes (no helmets - silly boys), probably coming home from work. Cycling along at a sedate pace. One sticks his right arm out, moves to the centre of the road to turn, no doubt to head home, the other two slow down to give a bit of banter, still on the left hand side.

Coming up the rear :wink: two boy wonders, all the gear no idea, pedalling hell for leather clearly on some massively important personal best time trial. These two cheery types, without a shout of warning or a dingle ing ding of a bell, steam straight through this happy group, nearly knocking the three work mates flying…into my path.

■■■■.

The first incident mentioned was on the 1st May, how come it’s took nigh on 4 months to become public? about the same time it would take the police to respond if you reported your mother in law murdered !!

raymundo:
about the same time it would take the police to respond if you reported your mother in law murdered !!

You make out like that’s a bad thing!?

:open_mouth:

:laughing:

I reckon he was a bit ott as well… but, as said, he didn’t walk in to her, he waited, he said she gave him the finger and I s’pose she thought she’d ride away and never see him again. Bloody hell, I’m beginning to sound like cf.

I watched that clip and thought the bawbag didn’t look in his 40s*. As the follow up story shows - bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-34056844 - he’s 33.

*Most blokes I know in their forties couldnae run a bath, never mind after a cyclist. :laughing: The remainder that could, wouldn’t have bothered anyway.

tommy t:

never had cam while cycling but the footage would be interesting - like another cyclist hitting me head on, while he was going all out through a blind curve and took it too wide. or a bus driver pushing me into the 2ft high concrete divider across a dedicated bike lane. but hey, it’s nice to know there are numpties driving a lorry as well :unamused:

tommy t:

el_presidente:

Exactly looks like 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other, highway code states that pedestrians have the right of way if already crossing, the cyclist as per usual seem to think the rules of the road don’t apply to them and gets abusive, unfortunately for her she picked on the wrong nutter.

Im in a quandry about this, on one hand we have your standard titcam cyclist we all love to hate not helping out a more vunerable road user. On the other a mug who attacks women, something as men we are taught from a very early age not to do unless a lady requires it for ■■■■■■ satisfaction. I.e. the choke hold technique or a fist up the jacksey.

Now add to the mix the alleged swivelling finger given by the lady (which to be fair im quite partial to myself), we can see some incitement has taken place. But thats no excuse for behaving like a total idiot when a simple shout of bollox or random insult would have sufficed.

So for justice to be done I reckon a slap on the wrists by the coppers coupled with a mild tinternet hate campaign till a better mug comes along.
For the lady a lesson learned in manners and acting like a lady in future might prevent this. Act like a bloke and expected to be treated like one, especially by skinny mugs who are easily upset.

Course if the lady didnt issue the finger, then the mug should be stoned within an inch of his life, and to satisfy karmas sense of irony, lightly fingered to boot… maybe even using a boot…

Theres also a possiblity that the mug instigated the finger themselves by an unseen gesture they made, but this possibility gets in the way of my natural dislike for cyclists. :wink:

have watched it a few times and she seems to say something along the lines of “please don’t knock me off my bike”
so im left thinking she probably wagged her finger at him, not given him the joint like most of you think.
If you watch closely at the beginning of the video, the guy pauses in the road to let her pass and probably had no intention of interacting with her until
she started gobbing off so it 50/50 for me as to whos fault it is but no excuses for what the guy did to her
a slight nod from the cyclist to acknowledge the pedestrian pausing to let her pass and the story would not have happened

Helmet cam probably causes as many negative situations as it helps tackle - riders appear emboldened by the equipment, which encourages them to challenge; or perhaps even push a situation to achieve a perception. IE: that car driver cut me up, so I’ll lecture him on the matter and I bet he’s a ■■■■ who hates being lectured, but that’s ok because he’s on camera…oh look, he is a ■■■■. Because he reacted to my supercilious lecturing…

Running commentary doesn’t help as it instills an ingrained attitude of verbalising what should generally be an internal monologue… For example if I always passed comments on the fat buggers who hog the whole pavement whilst waddling in front of me at a snails pace whilst I am out walking the bairns, no doubt one would turn and try to lamp me.

But I’d be too quick to catch…

el_presidente:
Helmet cam probably causes as many negative situations as it helps tackle - riders appear emboldened by the equipment, which encourages them to challenge; or perhaps even push a situation to achieve a perception. IE: that car driver cut me up, so I’ll lecture him on the matter and I bet he’s a ■■■■ who hates being lectured, but that’s ok because he’s on camera…oh look, he is a ■■■■. Because he reacted to my supercilious lecturing…

Running commentary doesn’t help as it instills an ingrained attitude of verbalising what should generally be an internal monologue… For example if I always passed comments on the fat buggers who hog the whole pavement whilst waddling in front of me at a snails pace whilst I am out walking the bairns, no doubt one would turn and try to lamp me.

But I’d be too quick to catch…

Interesting… Do you think that it’s actually having the camera pointed at them that makes said subject of filming explode in one’s face - or is it indeed just the “enboldened” thing?

“I’ve just called that ■■■■ a right women’s front bottom. Now he’s plunging the knife into me like the ■■■■■■ I was right in judging him to be… In, Out, In, Out… OOh! I should get at least eighty grand for the compensation package here! That IPhone he’s carrying suggests he’s worth a bob or two… Dammit. I’m dying. I’ll have to settle for a cushy casket with all the nice comfortable velvet trimmings… I did always wonder why people have those £20k wooden overcoats… Well I’m worth it! Now I know…”