Peak District.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blimey Pete, Dan would still be making ‘brum brum’ noises and pushing Tonka Toys around the floor when Jeff was on the road with that! He probably doesn’t play with Tonka Toys now though, however regarding ‘brum brum’ noises the jury is still out on that one. :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Blimey Pete, Dan would still be making ‘brum brum’ noises and pushing Tonka Toys around the floor when Jeff was on the road with that! He probably doesn’t play with Tonka Toys now though, however regarding ‘brum brum’ noises the jury is still out on that one. :laughing:

Pete.

Freddie Webster hated him having that V8 ■■■■■■■ when they were running Ryder point to enthovens he’d pass 4 of Webster’s in one go then all 4 would have to wait for him to load he was doing more loads per day than any of Webster’s :laughing:

fathers ERF now back in the family it’s out tomorrow with a semi low on taking machinery to Newark.

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Freddie Webster hated him having that V8 ■■■■■■■ when they were running Ryder point to enthovens he’d pass 4 of Webster’s in one go then all 4 would have to wait for him to load he was doing more loads per day than any of Webster’s :laughing:

Ah but probably using more juice as well! :laughing: I remember Frank Gough drumming into me when I drove for him: “I don’t care about how many loads you do lad, but I do care about what it costs me for you to do them”. I knew what he meant, another saying he had was “I don’t need an accountant to tell me what money I’m making, the tank on the side of your truck tells me that every week!” Not long after I started with him I did two loads of tarmac one day and then a load of dry stone, when I got back to the yard he asked what day I had had and I told him! Straight away: “Whatever profit you made on the two loads of tarmac you lost some of it with the stone, been better if you hadn’t bothered with that one”. I said that I needed to make a wage as well and he just wandered off, he could be an awkward sod at times but generally we got on ok during my five years there and he never asked me about my loads again but just let me do my own thing! :wink:

Pete.

Picture I took last weekend, I’m sure many will remember the company, it’s been nicely renovated.

Birdie4x4:
0Picture I took last weekend, I’m sure many will remember the company, it’s been nicely renovated.

What’s that blue suzie for and where’s the ABS/EBS line ?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my truck

Birdie4x4:
0Picture I took last weekend, I’m sure many will remember the company, it’s been nicely renovated.

Have Goodwin and Forbes packed in now then? Trevor’s F86 there as well, first time I have seen that and it looks pretty good…for a Volvo! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Birdie4x4:

Have Goodwin and Forbes packed in now then? Trevor’s F86 there as well, first time I have seen that and it looks pretty good…for a Volvo! :laughing:

Pete.

Goodwin &Forbes split up over 30 years ago . Forbes had a repair garage and Brian (Jasper) Goodwin kept going (from bankrupsy to bankrupsy ) for years . He finally packed up before I finished in 2004 and passed away a few years later . He could have taught Del Boy Trotter a thing or two .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cheers for that Dave, they seemed to have plenty of trucks around when we were running up to the Manchester area or occasionally carting from Tunstead around the late 90’s.

Pete.

windrush:

Cheers for that Dave, they seemed to have plenty of trucks around when we were running up to the Manchester area or occasionally carting from Tunstead around the late 90’s.

Pete.

Funny enough I got my first triable trailer in ‘83 courtesy of Jasper . He owed our gaffer money and the trailer was part payment . It was a long tandem that our fitters added a axle to , earned me some good wages , we were payed on percentage and it was a 20% rise overnight . As Larry would say , good old days .

rigsby:

windrush:

Pete.

Funny enough I got my first triable trailer in ‘83 courtesy of Jasper . He owed our gaffer money and the trailer was part payment . It was a long tandem that our fitters added a axle to , earned me some good wages , we were payed on percentage and it was a 20% rise overnight . As Larry would say , good old days .

Flaming autocorrect , what’s a triable ?

windrush:

Pete.

I used to see them going up Froggatt Edge regularly late 90s.

windrush:

Birdie4x4:
Picture I took last weekend, I’m sure many will remember the company, it’s been nicely renovated.

Pete.

Trevor F86 is a very tidy motor, he’s done a great job.

Steve

Traditional Volvo smoke or just another foggy day in heathcote :laughing: :open_mouth: :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Traditional Volvo smoke or just another foggy day in heathcote :laughing: :open_mouth: :wink:

It will be blamed on that S83 Foden that lives there Dan, even if it wasn’t actually running! :unamused: :wink:

Pete.

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Hi Pete,
Don’t think Dan would have been born?
Apologies for the late reply as I forgot I’d posted the pics!

Punchy Dan:
0fathers ERF now back in the family it’s out tomorrow with a semi low on taking machinery to Newark.

Nice to see it with out those horrid decals all over it, get that bumper sorted out and the guitar back on the bunk alongside the didgeridoo!

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

It will be blamed on that S83 Foden that lives there Dan, even if it wasn’t actually running! :unamused: :wink:

Pete.

The Foden was down the yard ticking over nicely!! Fletch was having a bit of a re-shuffle in the shed.
Steve

Keep safe in 2021

aom.jpg

pyewacket947v:
Keep safe in 2021

Have you done that John ? Same to you too :sunglasses: