Peak District.

Punchy Dan:
Ive not seen Martin with the Autoglym and a rag yet , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Dan,
When you see him next,please pass on my warmest regards.An absolute gentleman to deal with.A proper bulk firm imo.The same as his dear old friend and business associate of 50 plus years,Ronnie S. Evans .R.I.P.
Regards Andrew.

Last time I saw it was on the Jolly Boys run in October just gone

One for Bonky

Dont know if we have had these on before.

I can almost see my house in the first pic John, just out of shot on the left, ‘The Kremlin’ is standing proudly on the hillside above the tank though!! :unamused: If Nigel Wood sees the top pic he will know everything about it. :laughing:

Pete.

Pete Spencer driving foden tanker, Jason Brown will have more info. I think the tank was first used behind 2 f86 volvos, m reg. Paton and Baldwins chimney long gone to right of kremlin

windrush:
I can almost see my house in the first pic John, just out of shot on the left, ‘The Kremlin’ is standing proudly on the hillside above the tank though!! :unamused: If Nigel Wood sees the top pic he will know everything about it. :laughing:

Pete.

I think nigel was the camera man ?

phop:
Pete Spencer driving foden tanker, Jason Brown will have more info. I think the tank was first used behind 2 f86 volvos, m reg. Paton and Baldwins chimney long gone to right of kremlin

This one pal?

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

I think nigel was the camera man ?

Hence my comment Dan!

Pete.

Stanfield:

When did Derbyshire Stone start up? I lived in Froggatt,below Froggatt Edge as a kid int 40s and early 50s and I can’t remember if they were about then.Weren’t they later known as Derbyshire Stone (Sales) Ltd or am I being pedantic? :smiley:

Chris Webb:

Stanfield:

When did Derbyshire Stone start up? I lived in Froggatt,below Froggatt Edge as a kid int 40s and early 50s and I can’t remember if they were about then.Weren’t they later known as Derbyshire Stone (Sales) Ltd or am I being pedantic? :smiley:

If you scroll down this link Chris it mentions about "the newly formed Derbyshire Stone company in 1935.

andrewsgen.com/matlock/stone.htm

Pete.

windrush:

Chris Webb:

Stanfield:

If you scroll down this link Chris it mentions about "the newly formed Derbyshire Stone company in 1935.

andrewsgen.com/matlock/stone.htm

Pete.

So an old company then Pete.Thanks for that,it was an interesting read.I thought fluorspar was only quarried/mined at Stoney M and Eyam. I remember Hughes Brothers/Derbyshire Granite,Hinchcliffes,Ben Bennett,Ballidon and Longcliffe in those days,so Derbyshire Stone I will have seen.

I carted a lot of spar from Slinter Minings Tearsall quarry between Bonsall and Winster to Cavendish Mill Chris, I think they still supply it nowadays as the quarry is on the opposite hillside to me and I can see trucks moving about? Bank quarry in Matlock is mentioned in that article, I live just under the quarry face of that! :wink:

Pete.

From Deanb Paul Gee site ,for anyone who missed them .

Was Carillion originally Tarmac Roadstone ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

They were involved with ■■■■■■■ many years ago Dennis, probably saw the error of their ways and got out! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Bewick:

They were involved with [zb] many years ago Dennis, probably saw the error of their ways and got out! :laughing:

Pete.

Thanks for the info Pete, they were mentioned on the news to-night and it doesn’t sound so good either ! Cheers Dennis.

Not my pics but sent to me via Facebook. An Ex Ballidon Quarry AEC Mandator now residing in Rush Green, driven from new by Vernon Wibberley who turned 90 years of age recently. Strangely nobody can remember it ever being painted in Tilcon’s livery but it obviously was! :confused: :laughing:

26907377_1977706629163149_560803457133649530_n.jpg

Pete.

26992481_1977714935828985_4880357155411195864_n.jpg

A photo found by Tipit of one of Sammys Dodge tippers.

21.png

A couple of Denis Salt’s Leylands by courtesy if Rob Wakefield

Tony

Reiver.jpg