Peak District.

002.jpg

Stanfield:

The Hillhead Foden was driven by Walter Travis , it was a manual 12 speed , the first one Hillhead had . Dave

Ay up, Riggers. You doing alright?

Pete could the photo of Stevens foden be coming back off daleside rd Nottingham heading for the bus garage & fruit market just a thought

Retired Old ■■■■:

Getting there slowly Casey ,still feel like a donkey kicked me but it will get better with time . Total recovery could take 6 to 9 months , but the good news is I don’t need any chemotherapy follow up . Keep your elbows in they have referred me back to Macc for checkups . You could get that breakfast yet , Dave

^^^^^^^^^^^ You take it easy Rigs old pal. Would like to hear from you for a long time yet :slight_smile:

rigsby:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Getting there slowly Casey ,still feel like a donkey kicked me but it will get better with time . Total recovery could take 6 to 9 months , but the good news is I don’t need any chemotherapy follow up . Keep your elbows in they have referred me back to Macc for checkups . You could get that breakfast yet , Dave

Brilliant news about the chemo, pal. I know it will probably seem like a long drag but you will soon be back to normal and you can look forward to out living the rest of us!
Looking forward to that breakfast. :wink:

Riggers
There is another photo on here of the Hillhead FODEN (fleet No 70) and it seems it was also fitted with a 3 ways tipping gear)
Found it and here it is. Great to hear you are also on the mend by the way, Brilliant news mate.

Hillhead Quaries FODEN 3 way tipper.jpg

Excellent write up in the December issue of Classic & Vintage Commercials on this former Tarmac S83 Foden which has recently been fully restored by its owner and ex Tarmac driver Steve Fletcher + with help from other enthusiasts.Steve also owns a LAD cabbed Albion Reiver RE29 which he shows in the colours of Tarmac. (This is not my photo BTW.)

Some of the older Peak District drivers on here will remember the old bridge over the Derwent at Calver on the A623.
This old photo shows one of Hinchcliffes Albions on the bridge and shows where summat has clattered the bridge. :laughing: I went to Curbar school just further on past the church int 40s and early 50s and remember how many collisions there were on that bridge.

calver.jpg

Stanfield:
Excellent write up in the December issue of Classic & Vintage Commercials on this former Tarmac S83 Foden which has recently been fully restored by its owner and ex Tarmac driver Steve Fletcher + with help from other enthusiasts.Steve also owns a LAD cabbed Albion Reiver RE29 which he shows in the colours of Tarmac. (This is not my photo BTW.)

Slinter Minings crane lorry previously. Steve does a good job of his restorations, I worked from Ballidon with Steve (and also Maurice Fearn from the same village) when they both ran their own fleets and both of the lads turn out first class machinery. Steve has an ergo cabbed Leyland 4 wheeler as well, just don’t mention the brakes… :laughing:

Pete.

Or Buxton road Macclesfield apparently

phop:
Or Buxton road Macclesfield apparently

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pete.

Here is Steve Fletchers egro Cabbed Comet.

Stanfield:
Here is Steve Fletchers egro Cabbed Comet.

I can’t remember the lads name who is driving it there and also takes it to a lot of the shows, I feel sure that he used to work for Alf Horobin though.

Pete.

image.jpegloading in prospect quarry

20 tonne for Birmingham

image.jpeg

Punchy Dan:

pete smith:

windrush:
I haven’t seen the AEC around for a while John, I can ask David our club secretary tomorrow at Ashover Show as he part owns the LV ERF four wheeler (ex Knights of Rowsley) that Waters have in their livery. The Atkinson unit and ERF eight legger were at the Cromford rally last weekend (along with David’s LV) but not the AEC.

Pete.

John/Pete,
I have a feeling this belongs to a lad in Telford and now he has no connection with Waters it may have been resprayed or I may be going doolally! I will find out later this evening for you, Cheer’s Pete

The AEC is on the low loader trailer in a semi restored state looking very sorry for it’s self ,still owned by Martin waters .

hi all,
Sorry for the late response,though i only just noticed this comment relating to B.J.Waters’ AEC Mercury.We restored the vehicle for martin waters.several images below.
regards Andrew.

IMG_4776.JPG

Ive not seen Martin with the Autoglym and a rag yet , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: