Pcv wasnt upgraded?

Well I just got my licence back after passing my class 2 in a manual lorry but my pcv hasnt been upgraded to manual. Its still got the 78 code next to it. I thought lorry entiltlements upgraded bus entiltlements■■?

Cheers mark

Yes they do mate- get onto DVLA again and point out the error of their ways :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

useless set of barstewards

The DVLA almost always seem to neglect to upgrade, the DE being another example, although I don’t think there will be a problem once you’ve told them :slight_smile:

Well it needed sending back anyway as ive changed my address. I also enclosed a letter about it to lol

thanks

mark1984:
Well I just got my licence back after passing my class 2 in a manual lorry but my pcv hasnt been upgraded to manual. Its still got the 78 code next to it. I thought lorry entiltlements upgraded bus entiltlements■■?

Cheers mark

Yep same happened to me - just write a letter explaining their mistake and they’ll sort it :unamused:
They have upgraded my bus licence to D+E when I passed my class 1 and apparently I dont need glassed to drive anything with a trailer :laughing:

mark1984:
Well it needed sending back anyway as ive changed my address. I also enclosed a letter about it to lol

thanks

PHOTOCOPY it (BOTH SIDES) before sending it back and, if possible, get an ‘official’ such as a policeman, teacher, doctor etc, to sign the copy - just in case…

mark1984:

Cheers mark

It appears depending on who you speak to at the DVLA, you will get two different answers 1 will say if you pass your cat C manual you will have your cat D auto upgraded to manual.

The other answer you eill get is in order to get a cat D auto upgraded to a manual you must pass a cat C+E manual.

I wish I could tell you which one is right but both myself and our trainees have had both answers and of course the person you are speaking to at the time they are right.

If any one from DVLA is a member on here I would love them to find the correct answer and post it here.

Data Academy:
The other answer you eill get is in order to get a cat D auto upgraded to a manual you must pass a cat C+E manual.

Never got that answer - I always get -

Data Academy:
if you pass your cat C manual you will have your cat D auto upgraded to manual

ROG:

Data Academy:

Never got that answer - I always get -

Data Academy:
if you pass your cat C manual you will have your cat D auto upgraded to manual

Rog I would agree with you, i always have said in the past exactly as you, but only this week one of my customers and myself have had both answers.

May be Rog you can do your usual sterling work and get some thing in writing from the DVLA.

Terrier Rog ATTACK BOY

Data Academy:
May be Rog you can do your usual sterling work and get some thing in writing from the DVLA.

Terrier Rog ATTACK BOY

WOOF !!! :wink:

Data Academy:

Where’s the logic in that? Does towing a trailer make you more able to use a gearbox. zbing DVLA :smiley:

Remember, the DVLA has officially quoted as saying that they don’t make mistakes…as heard on BBC’s Watchdog programme.

Like the very ‘don’t make mistakes’ incident where a person who had a B (Car) Licence for 18 years who applied for a Paper to Photocard Licence suddenly had his B Entitlement of 18 years replaced with A (Motorcycle) for exactly the same length of time!!!

Richard
:slight_smile:

The Lyonator:
Remember, the DVLA has officially quoted as saying that they don’t make mistakes…as heard on BBC’s Watchdog programme.

Like the very ‘don’t make mistakes’ incident where a person who had a B (Car) Licence for 18 years who applied for a Paper to Photocard Licence suddenly had his B Entitlement of 18 years replaced with A (Motorcycle) for exactly the same length of time!!!

Richard
:slight_smile:

No they don’t they just bloody ignore them…I have been a victim of their non mistakes myself…OH sorry must be my mistake they don’t make them :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Data Academy:

Not any more :frowning:
The DVLA do not now have a direct E-mail so anything has to be done in writing or fill in one of those stupid on-line forms that want personal details,
I called them and asked for a direct e-mail address but they said not done that way any more.
I asked them to e-mail me the answer but they said that cannot do that either !!!

Sorry - me get verbal answers only now.

ROG:

Data Academy:

Not any more :frowning:
The DVLA do not now have a direct E-mail so anything has to be done in writing or fill in one of those stupid on-line forms that want personal details,
I called them and asked for a direct e-mail address but they said not done that way any more.
I asked them to e-mail me the answer but they said that cannot do that either !!!

Sorry - me get verbal answers only now.

Thats so you have no one to blame when they f***** up the answer… and you get points because you believed what they told you…after all they are the EX-SPURTS.

Arrogant bunch of knobs.Any organisation of that size will get it wrong sometimes,why cant they accept that How hard would it be to apoligise to the people concerned and go over the job again.

Well I got my licence back today and my pcv has manual entilement :smiley: