pcv theory

Might sound a bit numb but does having a hgv licence cover the theory side of pcv because it is the same theory test. Cheers guys

reece 21:
Might sound a bit numb but does having a hgv licence cover the theory side of pcv because it is the same theory test. Cheers guys

I had to do my HGV theory when i already had my PSV, i presume the PSV theory would cover more aspects of the passenger side of things.

I would say different test, as I remember the book had a few sections that said bus only.

Alright cheers guys thought it was the same theory test for some reason just regarding hours, safety and all that.

A lot will be the same but there will also be some PCV specific Qs

the HPT is exactly the same

Mods 2 and 4 if you need them are slightly different

reece 21:

I had to do a pcv theory test when I took mine, even though I already had my c&e

From memory and its a long time ago,I was asked questions like how would you turn off the fuel supply and show me the first aid equipment and fire extinquisher.The practical test is very similar to a class 2 test.Hope this helps.

Do you have to do another medical even if you have a valid hgv licence or does it cover you■■?

yorkshire terrier:
Do you have to do another medical even if you have a valid hgv licence or does it cover you■■?

DEPENDS

Did you tick D when you applied for C - easy to answer - simply look on paper part of licence and see if D provisional is there - if it is then no medical required

If no D provisional on paper part then when was last LGV medical done - if within last few months (cannot remember how many) then that can count for PCV

Ive said it before and i’ll say it again if you have a class 1 you should get a license to drive a bus along with it, a lot of you will argue that point but that’s the way it should be.

I mean ffs im no even allowed to drive a bleedin minibus because i didn’t pass cat B pre 1997. Its crazy!