Pcv minimum hours

I was thinking of training for my pcv license but speaking to a few of the lads at work who have got there license say you have to use the license for a minimum number of hours a year else they take it off you! :confused:

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this matter and if there’s any truth in what they say.

What they have said was the law,there was a time when you could not hold both bus and lorry entitlements but now you can.

No, once you’ve passed it won’t be revoked if you don’t use it.

alamcculloch:
there was a time when you could not hold both bus and lorry entitlements but now you can.

?

There was a time when you had to get an operator to sign a declaration that you’d driven PSVs (as was) for a certain number of hours per year,or you would lose your entitlement.As to not being able/allowed to hold both PSV and HGV,I honestly can’t remember that,although I’m perfectly happy to be proved wrong. :smiley: Whilst I’m on the subject,I once let my PSV lapse for 4 years,then contacted the licensing authority and was told that 5 years was the limit before a re-test was necessary.

ive held both for 25yrs and the last time i even touched a p.s.v was 15 yrs ago , still have both .

ashman145:
I was thinking of training for my pcv license but speaking to a few of the lads at work who have got there license say you have to use the license for a minimum number of hours a year else they take it off you! :confused:

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this matter and if there’s any truth in what they say.

There’s no truth in it whatsoever :wink: