Pcv license question

Hello truckers and Bus-ers out there,

new time joiner and first time poster,

hoping some one could help me with some information,

i just passed my pcv (class D).
the test pass certificate has circled that i can drive manual buses. AUTOMATIC: NO has been circled.

now my question is, when i send my license in to have the category added, will this upgrade my existing automatic car license to a manual one as i have passed in a manual bus ?

i have read something similar about this somewhere on the forum for HGV license holders. that they hold auto car licenses but get their car license upgrade to a manual one s they passed a manual lorry test.

hope some one can shed some light on this,

thanks for any information.

Can’t answer your question but well done for passing your test.

I’d guess your car will be changed to manual, but only a guess. You’ll find out within a couple of weeks when your licence comes back and see if you still have a restriction code for automatics only. Best waiting to see for your self on the plastic than try and get a definitive answer on a forum like this.

Rowley010:
Can’t answer your question but well done for passing your test.

I’d guess your car will be changed to manual, but only a guess. You’ll find out within a couple of weeks when your licence comes back and see if you still have a restriction code for automatics only. Best waiting to see for your self on the plastic than try and get a definitive answer on a forum like this.

I’d like to thank you for your reply, im sending it off on monday first thing in the morning, but would i be right in saying that’s how it works for lorry drivers ?

ps, thanks for the kind comment :slight_smile:

That’s alot of personal info to be posting in public mate, I would take that picture down

idrive:
That’s alot of personal info to be posting in public mate, I would take that picture down

i have removed it, is there anything that anyone could actually do with it though ?

rdr1991:

idrive:

i have removed it, is there anything that anyone could actually do with it though ?

Full name, date of birth, and driving licence number.
Possibly not but seems unwise to me

If you passed your bus test in a manual bus then you will be entitled to a manual car licence.

alamcculloch:
If you passed your bus test in a manual bus then you will be entitled to a manual car licence.

okay, do you have any experience with this ? any sources ?

do excuse my eagerness, just excited, lol

The DVLA system automatically upgrades a lower licence category when a higher category has been passed

Having B auto then passing any test in the C or D categories in a manual will upgrade the lower B category to manual

The DVLA system automatically upgrades a lower licence category when a higher category has been passed

Having B auto then passing any test in the C or D categories in a manual will upgrade the lower B category to manual

ROG:

Thanks ROG for your reply, hope DVLA get it right, i know they can be a pain to deal with at times.

will keep this post updated as to when i get my license back.

thanks for all your replies :slight_smile:

You said you deleted the photo - and that appears to be the case. However, it is still visible in the Tapatalk App.

Not sure what you can do about it - maybe the Mods can hell here?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
You said you deleted the photo - and that appears to be the case. However, it is still visible in the Tapatalk App.

hello, yeh i did delete it from the forum, is there a way i can delete it from tapatalk ? is that a messaging app or something ?

thanks

rdr1991:

Roymondo:

hello, yeh i did delete it from the forum, is there a way i can delete it from tapatalk ? is that a messaging app or something ?

thanks

Yes, Tapatalk is a forum reading App for smartphones/tablets. I think the issue is that Tapatalk have their own servers. I think it would work if you edit the original photo (blank out the personal data) and re-upload it (with the same filename) so as to overwrite the Tapatalk copy.

Roymondo:

rdr1991:

Roymondo:

thanks

Yes, Tapatalk is a forum reading App for smartphones/tablets. I think the issue is that Tapatalk have their own servers. I think it would work if you edit the original photo (blank out the personal data) and re-upload it (with the same filename) so as to overwrite the Tapatalk copy.

have edited out the info and re-uploaded, has it overwritten ?

Original still shown in Tapatalk. Sorry I can’t help any further.

Just as an experiment, I’ve added a random photo to this post. This might take priority over yours (tapatalk only appears to show the most recent photo in the thread). I’ll give it a minute or two and see what happens. Otherwise I suspect only the mods can help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
Original still shown in Tapatalk. Sorry I can’t help any further.

Just as an experiment, I’ve added a random photo to this post. This might take priority over yours (tapatalk only appears to show the most recent photo in the thread). I’ll give it a minute or two and see what happens. Otherwise I suspect only the mods can help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sorry to bother you, has it changed atall ?

btw, nice picture :slight_smile:

Yes, Tapatalk now shows the photo I uploaded. It’s a view of the Loire river at Saumur, France at sunset. Took it last year.

Roymondo:
Yes, Tapatalk now shows the photo I uploaded. It’s a view of the Loire river at Saumur, France at sunset. Took it last year.

thinks its evident i need to do some road tripping next year, amazing view.

thanks for your help Roy, great help :slight_smile: