PCV CAT D

I’m hoping you guys can help - I’m looking to get my PCV CAT D License. I’m struggling to find a school I’m confident with giving my cash. As well as that, what should I be paying for the training with my CPC.

HGV Training Centre quoted me £3300 which I think is obsurd.
HGV Training Network quoted me £1400 without CPC.

My location is Cardiff.

Thanks,
Kev.

Just had a look at the price sheet I was sent by a place local to me (Birmingham) for hgv training.

For cat D their 5 day course is £1225. CPC £321. So £3300 definitely seems crazy, I can’t see it being drastically more expensive in Cardiff than Birmingham.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
Just had a look at the price sheet I was sent by a place local to me (Birmingham) for hgv training.

For cat D their 5 day course is £1225. CPC £321. So £3300 definitely seems crazy, I can’t see it being drastically more expensive in Cardiff than Birmingham.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thanks for you reply!

Do you or does anyone else know if HGV Training Network are a good company to train with? They quoting £1400 + £599 for CPC. Would I be able to complete my CPC else where?

Thanks.

HGV Training Network are not HGV/PCV trainers they’re training brokers, they will arrange your training with a training company in your area but you won’t have any say in which training company you use.

Plenty of people have had bad experiences with training brokers, most of us on this board would recommend that that you avoid them.

Find a reputable training company in your area with a good reputation and visit them to meet the people you’ll be dealing with, avoid brokers.

Thanks for your replies. Ill avoid those type of companies then. Does anyone know of any good companies in South Wales?

Kevin.

How about Peter Smythe the forum sponsor :question:

Have you tried Firstbus in Cardiff area? First take on trainees and pay for all training, so long as you stay with them for two years otherwise you will have to pay the training fee back.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

If you book before 2nd June you’ll pay £1305. This includes 1:1 training with a fully qualified, registered instructor. Test at our private test centre (so you test where you practice), accommodation if more than 70 miles away for the duration of the practical course, Mod 4 (cpc) training, test and hire of vehicle for test.

In other words, the best training you can buy for £1305 all in.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I did Cat C with Smythes would go to them again for D or CE. I grew up in the area and have seen them for years which helps, no fly by night. Seriously though good training and facilities.