Pcv auto upgrade

hi guys i have a pcv auto license & i was recently talking with a continental coach driver who told me contrary to my belief that obtaining a lgv class2 does not convert my auto pcv license to manual, can anyone please state the facts on this , should i

1. do a hgv class2 course to convert my pcv license ?
  2. do a coach auto to manual upgrade course?

I to have a PSV/PCV but manual. You will have to resit a manual PSV/PCV to drive manual buses/coaches. If it were as simple as transferring one licence use to another i would not had to have took my C class test and any HGV driver would be able to automatically drive a bus/coach. Anyway drop the buses and get your HGV sorted, best thing i did :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well i have just rang central transport training who have also told me that if i take a hgv claas 2 course with them it will cross over my auto pcv to manual entitlement.
i wish someone could clear this up ?

I was of the opinion that if you did a Class 1 manual then that changed the PSV to manual also. Now the bloke told me it was Class 1, but see no reason that class 2 couldnt do it as well.

t3:
well i have just rang central transport training who have also told me that if i take a hgv claas 2 course with them it will cross over my auto pcv to manual entitlement.

I have just sent e-mail to DVLA - prob wont get reply til next week some time.

cool thanks for the reply

Passing the Class C, will upgrade your PCV auto-licence to manual.That is 100% definite.(Providing of course that the Class C vehicle you sit test in is manual.)

T3.

That coach driver is talking alot of the brown .

When i passed my C+E in 2004 I had my PCV up graded from D to D+E i had already had a manual .

But
I was advised when i passed my C that it would upgrade my PCV.

FACT you get a manual PCV when passing cat C Providing you already hold a Auto PCV.

Regards.

ok thanx for reply really helpful.

hi guyz just found this which unless im mistaken seems to clear this matter up once and for all direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … DG_4022548

ROG:

t3:

I have just sent e-mail to DVLA - prob wont get reply til next week some time.

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that a full licence for manual category C would upgrade the automatic category D to manual status.

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Regards

Mrs A Thomas
www.direct.gov.uk/motoring

thankyou very much

On the subject of PCV licences, is anyone aware of any training company in the Hampshire area that does Category D+E (Bus with Trailer)?
It’s not for me, someone I know who works at another depot was asking me!

Thanks,

Richard
:slight_smile: