PCL Transport

They are coming to a depot next to us just wondered if anyone got any information on them. The usual stuff please.

Judging from what I’ve seen on the roads they are in a constant rush, max speed everywhere!

andi_cardiff:
Judging from what I’ve seen on the roads they are in a constant rush, max speed everywhere!

I don’t do rushing even though i’m salaried, thanks anyway.

No pay rise for last 7 years + more job to do. You are on contracted hrs with no overtime paid hence the rush.

This might help my friend ■■?

pcltransport.co.uk/careers.php

My mate worked for them and said they were ok, as said its job and knock.

Thanks for the replys so far.

From experiences i have had with them it stands for poles carrying loads

Poles Czechs and Lithuanians! Day rate supermarket multi-drop. Draw your own conclusions…

Training is absolutely free and is provided by PCL Transport Ltd’s own fully qualified and experienced in-house multi-lingual English Teacher.

I did an agency shift for them when I first started out. Second time ever driving after passing my test, 1st time solo.

Got given a 6 wheeler full of milk to drag around South London. Started 3pm on Saturday, finished 3am on Sunday. It very nearly broke me, and at one point when a dolly of milk fell off the tail lift about 10pm and I had to sort the mess out as buses rolled past I was sorely tempted to lock it up and catch the train home. I have never felt so low in all my driving career. Still I manned up and finished and they said I’d done OK which made me feel better.

I can laugh about it now, but it was a shock to the system at the time.

Done a bit of casual work about 8 yrs ago from the Hoddesdon depot used to pay well £120 for a saturday £150 for a Sunday. Poxy work Tesco express stores all over the home counties and the Fella there at the time (Chester) was a complete knob… Paid for a nice holiday though so musn’t grumble :smiley: :smiley: Wouldn’t do it fulltime and the motors were crap :unamused: Oh yeah some right horrible start times as well…!!

bald bloke:
They are coming to a depot next to us just wondered if anyone got any information on them. The usual stuff please.

I was reading there memo board one day whilst waiting to load,it said you were expected to do 5 shuttles ( somewhere round that) and that should be possible,if you only did .i.e 4 you would only get 3/4 of your wage,not sure of exact figures as it was a while ago but must admit from the outside it didn’t look good.
But,maybe 5 was easily achievable and some were taking the ■■■■ only doing 3/4 runs per shift.
Trucks / trailers had damage all over them.
No idea of actual wage
Don’t they do arla milk work,seen them recently at tesco stores when I’ve been delivering,not seen them in notts before,normally arla ,Moran is it :question: ,but starting to see pcl

n17 trucker:
the Fella there at the time (Chester) was a complete knob…

He’s still there according to a mate who is on for them He used to be the the traffic clerk at BOC Baker in Harlow, and that was a poxy job as well !.

Said mate is always on the phone moaning and griping about the place, the trailers, the work, the foreigners, the office staff and anything else!

I told him to get out but he still suffers the place, He is expected to move to Hatfield when they leave Hoddesdon.

Hoddesdon Distribution Ltd were after a driver this week according to the local paper…

The’re a major sub contractor to Arla, hence the milk work.

Ken.

Where are they going to be setting up their Bristol Depot?

drivingmad:
Where are they going to be setting up their Bristol Depot?

Cabot Park,
Avonmouth.
Our old place since we’ve now moved next door.

And welcome to TNUK.

That fella there at the time (Chester) was a complete knob…Â

that fella is still there but at hatfield and yes he’s even a bigger knob! as for the drivers … (not all but the majority) couldnt park a mini in an empty asda carpark! seriously…one guy (spanish) shunted for 20 mins at least, attempting to reverse on a bay…the shunter did it for him… he got his next load…reversed to couple up…missed the pin by a foot…smashed into fridge demolishing it and busting airlines…top banana! :open_mouth: …they drive like they are escaping a ■■■■ charge and leave the units full of crap!..I have no idea how half of them pass the assesment… the drivers get spoken to like dogs (chester comes to mind again) but then again most dont understand whats being said to them anyway… they expect far to much for what they pay…been there a yr now but getting out soon … chimp pay for chimp drivers! …but like I said not all the drivers are bad… :unamused: