Pcl transport / Arla dariy

I have a interview and and driving assessment on Tuesday at arla Aston Clinton dairy for pcl transport. Does anyone know what to expect. I have applied for night trunk work. Does anyone know what pcl transport are like to work for? Does anyone work at arla Aston Clinton yet?
Best regards A.D

Mate this company is an absolute shambles. Their attitude to drivers stink and you are on a fixed daily rate. They will take anybody on they are that desperate for drivers. Hence the high eastern euro workforce. You will be run ragged, and the trunking will be store deliveries in 2-3 weeks. Good luck. :frowning:

Jobs for the boys. The manager when I worked there was a ■■■■. I started at 2, had 4 drops around Southampton, one of which was 80 bins on a tail lift, then take empties to palmers green and back to Hoddesdon. Used to finish at 3pm. Arselicker driver started at 6, did tesco colney hatch (loading bay) and asda park royal (scissor lift) then trunk from stratford to palmers then home. All done by 12. We were both on £80 a day. I lasted 2 weeks

Shouldn’t laugh Jay but that is quite amusing, how they can justify a fixed day rate pay in your case is hilarious!

Do bid vest own pcl now or is that another one of my hallucinations?

Bidvest were renting space in pcls yard. Think they’re out now

I went there for an interview/driving assessment a couple of weeks ago. Decided it wasn’t the job for me, and gave it a miss. Pay isn’t great and the shift system/start times can be a pain. Good job security though and a decentish no damage bonus arrangement. Like I said not for me but others may think otherwise.

Never worked for them but used to deliver to PCL in Bristol most days, and also Hatfield most weeks.

Mostly employ foreigners, graffiti by foreigners in toilets, staff always swearing and in a bad mood made worse by my good mood due to being paid whilst sat in there.

I saw adverts going up in Bristol for drivers, looked at them, felt sorry for the line of applicants that were going through for interviews tbh, wages weren’t good.

I could spend between 2 and 6 1/4 hrs in there waiting for them to tip a full trailer of milk, it wasn’t handball, it was in tets. :unamused:

booty4099:
Good job security though

No such thing in this day and age.

the pcl drivers that i have seen deliver milk in Nottingham are of a questionable standard.
Seen one do a uturn in a road and demolish a lamp post and bus stop.
Another cracked a sump on a double hight kerb then went to seize the engine in his renualt.
And then theres the one who forgot he had a trailer on a forecourt. and removed the pump causing the evacuation of said forecourt

then theres the one we used to see at hoddeston. who were allways in a rush for some reason .i guess thats the job and knock syndrome

DrivingMissDaisy:

booty4099:
Good job security though

No such thing in this day and age.

They said that at Arla Ashby, one of the sites closing :unamused:

Well, PCL told me that they have a fifteen year contract to run Arlas newly built multi million dairy nr Aylesbury. Seeing as that their already tied in together elsewhere it seems reasonable to me. Only passing on what I was told.

Aylesbury will be a job for life, Ashby is closing as well as some of the other dairy’s because of Aylesbury i’m just saying as its a shame Ashbys closing when its been there so long and it was known as a job for life!!! :frowning:

booty4099:
Well, PCL told me that they have a fifteen year contract to run Arlas newly built multi million dairy nr Aylesbury. Seeing as that their already tied in together elsewhere it seems reasonable to me. Only passing on what I was told.

Feel free to believe! :slight_smile:

tango boy:
Aylesbury will be a job for life, Ashby is closing as well as some of the other dairy’s because of Aylesbury i’m just saying as its a shame Ashbys closing when its been there so long and it was known as a job for life!!! :frowning:

So Ashby was known as a job for life but now it’s closed so it wasn’t , eh? And now Aylesbury will be a job for life will it? :slight_smile:

Job security and job for life are totally different things, and I said job security. Unless you fail a medical, get done for drunk driving or are a total f-ckwit etc, I would think this job would be secure for the long term. Anybody wishing to nitpick my words feel free to carry on…

booty4099:
Job security and job for life are totally different things, and I said job security. Unless you fail a medical, get done for drunk driving or are a total f-ckwit etc, I would think this job would be secure for the long term. Anybody wishing to nitpick my words feel free to carry on…

I didn’t say you said job for life? As for a 15 year contract… :laughing:

Nit picked. :wink:

booty4099:

The job though is surely all dependant on the contracts Arla have to process milk for the big chains. Contracts can be won or lost, resulting in job losses or creation. Arla are forever in competition with Wiseman & Dairy Crest. Also what if Tesco Express’s, for instance, start doing what Co-op do and have all the milk trunked to RDC rather than delivered direct to shops. This would mean significant job losses on the driver front.

That said, the sheer capacity and impressiveness of this new facility deems in very unlikely Arla will be losing any significant processing contracts in the South anytime soon.

Does anybody know what the work/conditions are like running out of PCLs new place at Trafford Park ?