Payload weight calculations

I’m trying to figure out the best way of finding the payload weight for the trucks I drive. I’m agency so I drive an array of trucks. I know the calculation is maximum gross weight minus the kerbside weight… but how do I find out the kerbside weight■■?

nicsawalker:
I’m trying to figure out the best way of finding the payload weight for the trucks I drive. I’m agency so I drive an array of trucks. I know the calculation is maximum gross weight minus the kerbside weight… but how do I find out the kerbside weight■■?

EASY = go empty to a weighbridge

What if no weight bridge is available?

nicsawalker:
What if no weight bridge is available?

No other way to determine kerb/empty weight other than a weigh bridge

If it has an on board weighing system then you can use that to ensure it does not go over GVW/max loaded weight

nicsawalker:

Most trucks I’ve driven have it stencilled on the body somewhere. Think I’ve only driven 2 that didn’t and I asked in office, after the usual why do you want to know they told me.

I use a general rule of thumb anyway and if loads on run notes show over then I want to know exact limits

7.5t - 4t

18t - 10t

26t - 15t

No idea on CE yet [emoji6]

dcgpx:
I use a general rule of thumb anyway and if loads on run notes show over then I want to know exact limits

7.5t - 4t

18t - 10t

26t - 15t

No idea on CE yet [emoji6]

Sounds good as a general rule of thumb to me

I thought 8 wheel ally bodied tippers usually weighed about 12 tonnes empty. Leaving a payload of about 20 tonnes… :confused:

And since he didn’t offer the payload for a 32t you could well be right :stuck_out_tongue:

F-reds:
And since he didn’t offer the payload for a 32t you could well be right :stuck_out_tongue:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

It was a 26 tonner weighing 15 tonnes which surprised me. I wasn’t being facetious, but I’ll get my coat… :laughing:

SiAmon:

F-reds:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

It was a 26 tonner weighing 15 tonnes which surprised me. I wasn’t being facetious, but I’ll get my coat… :laughing:

I wasn’t giving kerb weights, the weights after are payloads

I drive 26t and it has payload of 15500kg for example so my rule of thumb is slightly below to err on cautious side.

dcgpx:
Most trucks I’ve driven have it stencilled on the body somewhere.

While this is true just be careful relying on it as it won’t include any extra kit added on after being sold, like straps chains oil cans etc. It all adds up.

TheTrogFather:

dcgpx:
Most trucks I’ve driven have it stencilled on the body somewhere.

While this is true just be careful relying on it as it won’t include any extra kit added on after being sold, like straps chains oil cans etc. It all adds up.

Nope it doesn’t nor my slender kfc loving frame [emoji6] and I don’t rely as it being gospel

Very rare though, I think, that most run at full capacity unless on bulk work