Payload on a 26ton 3axle rigid

Does anybody know what the payload should be on a 26ton 3axle rigid. Thanks

It depends but it will be about 16t at a guess. Take it to a weighbridge while empty to find out.

How long is a piece of string. How do you want us to guess what the empty weight is? We haven’t even seen the thing.

A flatbed will be about 16 tonnes but a curtainsider or box will likely be less

so many variables as been said
it needs weighing ideally full tank and lardy arsed driver
that way you get the minimum maximum payload

vehicle plate will show unladen weight, but you need to add on driver and fluids/fuel I believe.

My Foden Alpha carried 15.7, my Daf CF curtainsider 14.7.
IIRC I used to load hiab 6w tippers with around 12.5-13t.

plate shows max weight

Thank u for your replays will get weighed.cheers all

098Joe:
vehicle plate will show unladen weight, but you need to add on driver and fluids/fuel I believe.

Don’t you mean the gross weight .

Mine weights 12.5t with a full tank so I round the max load weight to 13t but remember to keep an eye on the front axle weight.

Drift:
Mine weights 12.5t with a full tank so I round the max load weight to 13t but remember to keep an eye on the front axle weight.

A set of Super Singles on the front would allow you to up the weight on that axle wouldn’t it?

I mentioned in another thread about how useful the chinese sixes were for not going over on the front axle.

Dan Punchard:

098Joe:

I mean the manufacturers plate, I think they usually show unladen weight, will have a look next time I am near a truck.

peterm:
I mentioned in another thread about how useful the chinese sixes were for not going over on the front axle.

Not seen a chinese six about for many years,used to see them on dray wagons delivering to pubs,

UK weight bridge locations.

chrishodgetrucks.co.uk/useful-in … ridges.htm

You are looking for the Tare weight which is the vehicle ready to go with all your kit + full tank of fuel but not you as you can’t as part of the load . Wright it down somewhere in your cab and work from there

098Joe:

Dan Punchard:

098Joe:

I mean the manufacturers plate, I think they usually show unladen weight, will have a look next time I am near a truck.

If you seriously think this then perhaps you had best stay away from lorries ,tell me how does a manufacturer know what body is going to be fitted ,a crane ,a tail lift ,a towing coupling ,big hook gear ,spare wheel or not ,the weight of the driver and his gear ? The new vehicle dealer or the operator may choose to weigh a lorry and put a sticker on it though .

Being very new to lorry driving, could I turn up at a local weigh bridge and ask if i could find out the weight of the lorry unloaded? Would there be a charge? Is this normal practice?
Th reason I’m asking is that i have started work last week and have to driver a 3 axle 26T tipper with a HiAB on it and don’t want to be done by VOSA/DVSA for overloading as i dont know how much load I can carry. Also, is it illegal to carry a load below the sides (3-4’ high) without strapping it down? eg concrete beams ? Also am I right in thinking that if I am carrying sand, that it has to be covered irrespective if it is below the sides?
My boss said it is fine but i seem to remember that it has to be covered.
Thanks for your help.

Had an axor 6 wheeler curtainsider it could carry 16200kg.