Paying towards accident

KATEMS of SPENNYMOOR charge you the first £250.00 of any accident claim.
oh and b4 any muppet comes on asking do i know this to be FACT. yes i know it to be FACT.

cowboys.

I used to work for a bloke in Reading, and he paid us a bonus, like evrywhere else if you damage the truck you lose it, fair enough. Anyway, one morning i am on the Euroway in Bradford and catch a gate post of the company i am delivering to. They phone him up and tell him it’s gonna cost £250 to repair. I am told i am gonna lose my bonus over it, i accept it and think i have lost £80. Oh No, he took your bonus off you every week until the money is paid!! Bloody ridiculous. I dont work for him anymore.

truckyboy:
slightly off subject …i weas talking to a driver at an RDC while ago …and he said his company was paying £500 to have the air-con removed on all the new vehicles…talk about being tight …saiod it was something to do with the fuel consumption…now that beats the biscuit…

Doesn’t sound like the company have much of a clue. Test have shown that, as far as trucks go, driving with the window open has more of a detrimental effect on fuel consumption that a/c does. So they are paying £500 per vehicle to make the fuel consumption higher. :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Doesn’t sound like the company have much of a clue. Test have shown that, as far as trucks go, driving with the window open has more of a detrimental effect on fuel consumption that a/c does. So they are paying £500 per vehicle to make the fuel consumption higher. :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t tell 'em that, they’ll disconnect the window switches/take off the handles as well…

paul b:
do people actually get paid for “not” smashing a motor?? :confused:

My thoughts too Paul :confused: . What a sad state of affairs. It should be expected that you go out and do your job and come back with the wagon in the same state it went out in, not get bonuses for bringing it back in one piece :unamused:. I remember the time which I demolished the o/s mirror when I was at DSL, I was absolutely gutted and furious with myself for making such a stupid mistake as I’m usually very careful, but I couldn’t get it out of my mind and wasn’t happy until I’d paid for the replacement myself. The gaffer said to me not to worry about it as accidents happen but that statement makes me just as furious as well! Accidents DO NOT JUST HAPPEN. There is a reason for every one and they usually happen when people aren’t concentrating fully on what they’re doing :bulb: .

Rob K:

Is this a wind-up? Drivers paying for the company’s insurance policy?!!!

What next? Drivers paying for the wagon’s diesel too■■?

Rob K:
I remember the time which I demolished the o/s mirror when I was at DSL, I was absolutely gutted and furious with myself for making such a stupid mistake as I’m usually very careful, but I couldn’t get it out of my mind and wasn’t happy until I’d paid for the replacement myself.

Although it isn’t anywhere near £250, surely you are paying for the damage you caused, ie paying for the companies insurance policy Rob ?

Coffeeholic:

truckyboy:
slightly off subject …i weas talking to a driver at an RDC while ago …and he said his company was paying £500 to have the air-con removed on all the new vehicles…talk about being tight …saiod it was something to do with the fuel consumption…now that beats the biscuit…

If you use it properly that holds true. But you get folk that will have the AC on full whack no matter how cool it already is.

Same as you get people who’ll run with the heated seats, and night heater on even when it’s mild outside. All costs fuel.

:confused: Is it April 1st :laughing: :laughing: and the bit about paying parking fines well that one is easy if you can’t park take the parcels back it will soon get changed.

Rob K:

paul b:
do people actually get paid for “not” smashing a motor?? :confused:

yep 250 a year bonus for a accident free year

Simon:

Although it isn’t anywhere near £250, surely you are paying for the damage you caused, ie paying for the companies insurance policy Rob ?

Hardly a comparison is it? :unamused: I take pride in my work and wanted to pay to put right the damage I’d caused by being a plebian and not concentrating. The company weren’t fussed about it and most certainly wouldn’t have dreamed of expecting me to pay for it :open_mouth: .

Went to sign up with one agency who asked me to sign a document to say that I would pay £300 towards any accident…I won’t name the agency…Go on then I will it was DRIVELINK in Castleford…Told them to shove it :wink: :wink:

:open_mouth: