Paying back

I only had 38h 18m for weekly rest so have to pay back the 6h 42m.

I know the rule about by the 3rd week…blah etc.

But attaching it to a rest of at least 9 hrs, does that mean even if my daily rest is going to be over 11 hrs it can be attached from 9hrs into my rest?

Start daily rest 15:06
Finish rest 19:30 (start new shift)
16h 24m rest in total, so I’ve paid it back right?

wheelyb:
I only had 38h 18m for weekly rest so have to pay back the 6h 42m.

I know the rule about by the 3rd week…blah etc.

But attaching it to a rest of at least 9 hrs, does that mean even if my daily rest is going to be over 11 hrs it can be attached from 9hrs into my rest?

Start daily rest 15:06
Finish rest 19:30 (start new shift)
16h 24m rest in total, so I’ve paid it back right?

It’s probably me being thick but I don’t understand that bit, 15:06 to 19:30 isn’t even a daily rest :confused:

Anyway that aside, if you have a reduced daily rest period available or are having a split daily rest period you can add the compensation onto the 9 hour rest period.

If you don’t have a reduced daily rest period available you will have to add it onto an 11 hour daily rest period or a weekly rest period.

Think I may have just sussed it, is the 15:06 meant to be 03:06 (3:06 AM rather than 3:06 PM) ?

edit:
By the way, so there’s no confusion the compensation has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

Some people call that the third week some people call it the fourth week, I call it the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken :smiley:

Doh! My bad!
15:06 - 07:30!

That’s cleared things up, I wasn’t sure if I attached to a 9 hr rest, it’s goin over the 11hr regular, so would be classed as such (regular) anyway

wheelyb:
Doh! My bad!
15:06 - 07:30!

That’s cleared things up, I wasn’t sure if I attached to a 9 hr rest, it’s goin over the 11hr regular, so would be classed as such (regular) anyway

No worries :wink:

No, if you add it to a 9 hour rest period it counts as a reduced daily rest period.

It’s whatever rest you need plus the compensation.

Nothing to stop you carrying the payback over into week 4,5,6,7 or 8 or whenever you feel like it. It is possible to do this. :wink: