Paying back weekly rest.

I have had two reduced weekly rests or will have come Monday.

1st was reduced to 42 hours = 3 to pay back.

2nd will be reduced to 34 = 11 to pay back.

Hope I am correct in thinking that these hours can be payed back before end of third week.

So 14 + 45 = 59 to be payed back before ■■?

24.00 Sunday or to when I start monday.?

Need to know what time I can work to on Friday.

aranger:
I have had two reduced weekly rests or will have come Monday.

1st was reduced to 42 hours = 3 to pay back.

2nd will be reduced to 34 = 11 to pay back.

First thing that strikes me is that you may already be illegal if those two reduced weekly rests are in consecutive fixed weeks, neither of which contain a regular (full) weekly rest. In any two consecutive weeks you must have at least two regular weekly rest periods or one regular and one reduced.

aranger:
Hope I am correct in thinking that these hours can be payed back before end of third week.

Not correct. The reduction must be paid back by the end of the third week following the reduction. So, if the 42 hour rest is week 1 it must be paid back before the end of week 4. Have you not had a daily rest of 12 hours since you took the reduced rest of 42 hours? If you have that means you have already paid back the 3 hours due and can forget about them. If not you have until the end of the week after this coming week before they must be paid back and you may get a 12 hour daily rest in within that time.

If, as I assume, the 42 hours was last weekend and you are currently in the rest period you are calling 34 hours, think again. You cannot reduce again this week (based on the information given so far) and cannot resume work until 45 hours after you finished this week. If you do start before then I wouldn’t worry about the paying back as paying back won’t remove the issue of insufficient weekly rest.

Made a total baws of it then. :blush:

If I take tomorrow off or start when my 45 is up will I be o/k.

aranger:
Made a total baws of it then. :blush:

If I take tomorrow off or start when my 45 is up will I be o/k.

If you start once you ahve taken 45 hours rest you will be okay. You will then be able to do 6x24 hour periods before taking your next weekly rest, which will take you into Saturday at least, and can then take a reduced rest if you wish.

Thanks for taking the time.

I have obviously read this third week part and not taken it in but your explanation is much clearer.

Thanks again.

Coffeeholic:
Have you not had a daily rest of 12 hours since you took the reduced rest of 42 hours?

Coffee,
i was jujst wondering would this be counted as a reduced daily rest? as effectively you are taking a 9 hour rest with 3 hours compensation for the reduced weekly rest.

would that mean you only have 2 more chances of a reduced daily rest in that working week (between weekly rest periods)? or does it not work like that, you have compensated for the 3 hours from the reduced weekly rest and have fulfilled the requirement of a break of at least 11 hours concurrently!

Giblsa:

Coffeeholic:
Have you not had a daily rest of 12 hours since you took the reduced rest of 42 hours?

Coffee,
i was jujst wondering would this be counted as a reduced daily rest? as effectively you are taking a 9 hour rest with 3 hours compensation for the reduced weekly rest.

would that mean you only have 2 more chances of a reduced daily rest in that working week (between weekly rest periods)? or does it not work like that, you have compensated for the 3 hours from the reduced weekly rest and have fulfilled the requirement of a break of at least 11 hours concurrently!

The regulations state that compensation must be added to another rest period of at least 9 hours. The crucial word there is added, which means the compensation is in addition to the rest period and not just part of it. So, in the example above that would be a reduced daily rest of 9 hours with 3 hours added as compensation.