PAYE agencies

Morning all.
Does anybody know of a decent (lol) agency in the Newport, Gwent area that does PAYE work? I popped in to have a chat with one in Newport when I was passing…“loads of work…pick your shifts” blah de blah. Then they said it was some umbrella scheme or whatever so I made my exit as I am not clued up on these things. So just looking for one that does PAYE really, or if anyone knows of a firm looking for a part-timer that would be great.

Oh yeah, that agency were offering between £10.20 an hour for days or nights haha. “We do supermarkets, only general haulage pay more for nights” they said ffs. The weird thing was that they didn’t seem to care if I signed up or not. With those rates you think they would be short of drivers.

Cheers.

Is that class 1 or 2. £10+ an hour is not that bad for Class 2.

Sorry Radar, that was for Class 1 all hours day or night. It would be good for Class 2 around here as well I reckon. Well for PAYE it would…I can’t get my head around these umbrella/ltd things. Well I do know they probably weren’t created for the benfit of the worker/driver doing the graft.

yo bill, when you ring them bud, ask weather ltd, self, or paye, make sure you put paye last then you get the truth out of them, just my experience, yes steer clear of umbrella schemes, AS SCHEME MEANS PLOT OR PLAN, TO EVADE TAX IN MY OPINION, RATS THEY ARE, and when you said they werent bothered you signed up or not They just realised you werent a fool, they look at this site i know because iv been asked in past and is great when they get slated on here as we have all been had

Wise words Iceman.

only tryin to help mate, wouldnt want you funding their pointy shoes and beemers, RATS I SAY RATS

Pointy shoes lol. I’ve noticed that too…like the salesmen at those used car warehouses.

The scheme they mentioned was called “Plantila”. Ring any bells anyone?

The agency i am with, phoned me up and offered me a 42p an hour raise to join their umbrella scheme, i said id think about it if they sent me the info.They didn’t. A week later,they offer me another 50p an hour raise making it 92p, i look on here and see the general opinion is don’t, so say thanks but no thanks. They then offer another 50p, taking me up to £13 an hour, and say that they REALLY would like me to consider , but still offer no info whatsoever. Seems to me that they really stand to save some dosh, getting me to sign up, but don’t want me to know what i am actually signing up for !!! Oh well, they are gonna have to keep on wanting i reckon :slight_smile:

umbrellacompanies.org.uk/umb … explained/

FACT: DO NOT underestimate HMRC. If investigated, you would be liable to pay back all the underpaid tax, a penalty and worst case scenario you could be prosecuted for tax evasion.

I wonder how long it will take for agencies all to be offering £14ph PAYE no quibble… :bulb: :question: