Pay Structures + Hours.. Please Share

Thanks for all your replies peeps, I very much appreciate the input and support.

I handed my notice in on the Tuesday, and stated my last working day will be this coming Monday, but after last night, when my tacho went in at 7am, and didnt come out until 2045, I have every intention of dropping a letter in over the weekend, informing them that I have decided to not return on Monday.

I wanted to finish the jobs, so as to leave everything a clean slate, and give them less to moan about. Not that I really care, just a question of crossing the T’s and dotting the i’s for myself.

Have been trying to get in contact with the local TDG place, but the TM never rings me back when he says he will, and the last thing I said to him was my age, so that may be an issue.

I am tempted to go on agency for a bit and see, there isnt a lot else around that i’ve seen advertised, but have also had an offer for 6 months van driving, covering for a franchisee who is off sick. Reluctant though I am, as I did my C+E for a reason.

Time will tell.

Ben9:
If you are leaving the house at 0545 and not getting into the house until at least 2000 every day you are breaking the law thus:

0545 to 2000 = 14hr 15mins.
minus 30m commute = 13hr 45mins.

Surely if you are doing this (extended spreadover from13hrs to 15hrs)more than 3 days a week you are breaking the law. :confused:

travelling to & from work does not count as it is in your own time (unless you are being paid for it - I WISH)

So - can I travel 4 hours to work, do a 15 hour shift and then travel 4 hours home legally - yep (you be bloody daft to, but it is legal)

ROG:

Ben9:
If you are leaving the house at 0545 and not getting into the house until at least 2000 every day you are breaking the law thus:

Surely if you are doing this (extended spreadover from13hrs to 15hrs)more than 3 days a week you are breaking the law. :confused:

travelling to & from work does not count as it is in your own time (unless you are being paid for it - I WISH)

So - can I travel 4 hours to work, do a 15 hour shift and then travel 4 hours home legally - yep (you be bloody daft to, but it is legal)

But the OP said he has a 15 minute commute which as Ben9 points out appears he is doing at least 13 hours 45 minutes each day at work, potentially though not necessarily illegal.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Ben9:

But the OP said he has a 15 minute commute which as Ben9 points out appears he is doing at least 13 hours 45 minutes each day at work, potentially though not necessarily illegal.

Well, at least you didn’t shoot me :laughing: :laughing: