Pay Sites

OK …
this is a serious question…AND NOTHING TO DO WITH ■■■■!!! so get that outta your minds and outta the gutter straight away

TruckNet UK is a free site, and will remain so as long as I have overall control of the site and the business…

But how many of you would pay for a site that gave in depth information and news, articles of interest, and regular columns from well known tranpsort journailsts??.. if it was priced similar to your favourite trucking magazine would you pay??

Personaly I believe that websites should be free to the user… paid for by the industry/area that want to attract your custom(Read Advertisers) but I am genuinely interested in YOUR thoughts…

Priced around the same per month as say a magazine then yes I would pay, provided the content is updated at least monthly, as a magazine is. I have paid for sites in the past and still do for a couple, no NOT those kind of sites, and one of them was truck related.

I would pay, but like Coffieholic says as long as it was updated monthly :slight_smile:

yes i would pay as long as it’s of interest to me and is updated at regular intervals :wink:

No I wouldn’t. Everything has a price tag on it nowadays and it’s getting stupid. Everyone’s out there to make a quick buck. :angry:

Yes, I would also pay, but would have to be interesting and regularly updated

no i wouldn`t…simply because any truck related info is freely available on this excellent site :unamused: :laughing:

I pay for the car club that i joined because of the benefits it offers to its users like discounted car insurance, discounted spares, And discounted show fees it also provides a members only section where you can view and download
manuals and technical information (no haynes book for my car) so i think its well worth it and the cost of all this is a measily £10 per year

So my thoughts would be make the subscription optional and get some sort of discount schemes running to benefit its members say for instance 10% of accesories at joebloggstruckparts.com and places like that

And for the users that dont/cant subsribe give them limited access and no benefits so that they still get a taste of what the sites like and could be tempted to join.

Just my opinion
Simon :sunglasses:

Rob K:
No I wouldn’t. Everything has a price tag on it nowadays and it’s getting stupid. Everyone’s out there to make a quick buck. :angry:

Bit of a double standard there Rob when you consider this from an older post by you on here.

Rob K:
I run a private website where members pay to access the “service” through PayPal and when I first set it up I had 18 members. Today I have 2831

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

yip i would pay, as long as it was for something i wanted to subscribe to. as far as this site is concerned yes as ive said b4 i would pay for this…

No :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

Bit of a double standard there Rob when you consider this from an older post by you on here.

Rob K:
I run a private website where members pay to access the “service” through PayPal and when I first set it up I had 18 members. Today I have 2831

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not at all - it’s a service they can’t get anywhere else and it’s a small price to pay for what they’re getting. Basically putting T & D + Trucking online under a new name is a different thing altogether…

yes

has been said before if its updated monthly and carrys good contnet then i would pay for it,

but

if its full of the same dribble week in week out then its a big no no

jon

NO i think stuff on the net should be free .whos to say that you can’t find the info in the site you suscribe to elsewhere on the net or in magazines :laughing:

no sorry rik i would`nt pay at present
maybe i would if i changed job
plus you have to watch who you give your bank details to these days
jon

yes i would as has been said before

No i wouldnt pay i wouldjust find another site offering the same content for free.

However if the site was a a favourite of mine if i could help raise any money for it i would help that way.

Good question!!
Yes I would pay for many reasons.

We all pay every day for entertainment! Most pay for information, some pay for Knowledge.
TV licence, Sky TV, daily newspapers, magazines, Education. music,radio, and dare I say it ■■■■!

Why should the internet be diferent? if I could find one site that provided most if not all of the above then I would be happy to pay! As the internet grows so does the cost and available tech to provide all of the above.

My dads favorate saying!

If its worth having its worth paying for!
and you only pay for what you get!

It is worth thinking that, if no one advertises on the net what would be left? gambling and ■■■■! and only if you are prepaired to pay!

I would pay for a reguarly updated sight that I could use like a magazine, but- and it’s a big but- not throught the internet. I don’t trust the ■■■■ thing for one munite with money.

I also like this sight the way it is. With lots of members and a great many views. I think changing this to a pay sight would remove a lot of those members and destroy the very character of the sight.

no i wouldnt.

although this is an excellent site and well run if it wasnt for the drivers and other associated sections of transport posting their thoughts , ideas answers
etc it would not exist.