Pay rises

toonsy:

Goff118:

Conor:
And continuing about the [zb] media misreporting there’s going to be a lot of the “I’ll have to choose between heating and eating” smoothbrain brigade banging on about £5000 energy bills for their 2 bed terrace looking like idiots over energy prices. OFGEM haven’t released any forecasts of the October price rise. All that has happened is one company has done their own analysis and come up with a best guess. What has then happened is that’s been applied to energy usage for January which is the month you use the most and the media, because it’s more interested in peddling fear ■■■■ than actual factual news, have taken that single month and multiplied it by 12 to come up with their clickbait £5000 a year figure.

The media needs to be brought to task for how much their clickbait fear ■■■■ peddling has damaged the mental health of people in this country.

Have you checked the unit prices being offered for your next energy bill tariff yet?

I have. Currently…

Electric = 15.91p per kwh with standing charge of 21.8p per day.
Gas = 2.731p per kwh with standing charge of 24.83p per day.

I’m fixed until January but current cap is…

Electric = 28p per kwh with standing charge of 45p per day.
Gas = 7p per kwh with standing charge of 27p per day.

So yeah my gas would treble, my electricity would pretty much double, that’s BEFORE October.

Grim isn’t it. I’m out of contract so on a variable tariff. It’s going up slowly every week but it’s still half the cost of the fix so I’m staying with the variable and hoping for a big change, or for Conor to be right and the predicted cap isn’t as high as they’re forecasting!

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

Goff118:

toonsy:

Goff118:

Conor:
And continuing about the [zb] media misreporting there’s going to be a lot of the “I’ll have to choose between heating and eating” smoothbrain brigade banging on about £5000 energy bills for their 2 bed terrace looking like idiots over energy prices. OFGEM haven’t released any forecasts of the October price rise. All that has happened is one company has done their own analysis and come up with a best guess. What has then happened is that’s been applied to energy usage for January which is the month you use the most and the media, because it’s more interested in peddling fear ■■■■ than actual factual news, have taken that single month and multiplied it by 12 to come up with their clickbait £5000 a year figure.

The media needs to be brought to task for how much their clickbait fear ■■■■ peddling has damaged the mental health of people in this country.

Have you checked the unit prices being offered for your next energy bill tariff yet?

I have. Currently…

Electric = 15.91p per kwh with standing charge of 21.8p per day.
Gas = 2.731p per kwh with standing charge of 24.83p per day.

I’m fixed until January but current cap is…

Electric = 28p per kwh with standing charge of 45p per day.
Gas = 7p per kwh with standing charge of 27p per day.

So yeah my gas would treble, my electricity would pretty much double, that’s BEFORE October.

Grim isn’t it. I’m out of contract so on a variable tariff. It’s going up slowly every week but it’s still half the cost of the fix so I’m staying with the variable and hoping for a big change, or for Conor to be right and the predicted cap isn’t as high as they’re forecasting!

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

I do agree with him to a point in the sense that the annual numbers being bandied around are horrendous and many people won’t end up paying that but it’s an indicator, a guide, and should be treated in such a way.

The underlying current is that prices are going up, a lot, and whilst it may not result in 5k annual bills for all its still going to be a huge shock for many. I’ll survive, I like to waste spare money on finer things in life, but if I have to spend more of that spare money on fuel that’s less for the wider economy. People see either not going to have enough money or are going to have much less money. Which will eventually feed through the economy.

As a follow up to my previous post,

“moneysavingexpert” on what it`s all about, and what we can do.
moneysavingexpert.com/utili … orth-it–/

And Martin Lewis back a month ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=8DgCHblN_x0

The Best kind of “Inflation” for the working class - is rising wages that erodes personal debts over time.
The Worst kind of inflation is “Pay Restraint” whilst Interest Rates are unnecessarily hiked, which feeds straight into next month’s deliberately-made-higher mortgage payments, which reduces demand, makes people more likely to “panic-take a job”, and keeps the inflation figure rising, so the NEXT interest hike is thus justified in advance, despite signs that the economy is slowing down from the demand drop-off akin to driving it into a brick wall…

Don’t “Strike” for mere “Catch-up pay”.
Consider working for a rival outfit instead, that will pay what you are worth.

I’ve got a neighbor who does highly-paid NHS agency work, having used to be an operating theatre assistant a decade back.
All this money the NHS waste each and every day… Ever wonder how much of it goes towards hiring £50ph agency staff who were <£10ph as full timers less than a decade ago? :open_mouth:

As always , good advice from Winseer

Winseer:

Give up your poorly paid job, and get a better paid job elsewhere.
Cheers, mate. I`m sure there is a Cabinet post for you already!

Franglais:
As always , good advice from Winseer

Winseer:

Give up your poorly paid job, and get a better paid job elsewhere.
Cheers, mate. I`m sure there is a Cabinet post for you already!

Quite frankly, I’m amazed how people choose to work for £14ph doing exactly the same as they can get £16ph+ for elsewhere.

“Oooh I’m worried about not getting enough hours to pay my mortgage”.
Likewise, it can’t be the “Distance to Work” argument, if people like me are expected to go to places like Lehnham Storage 25 miles away for less money than I can get at say, Brakes 15 miles away. There’s a reason some jobs are viable, and some are not - and it never had anything to do (as some trolls on here have suggested) that “I’m banned from everywhere else, so I take what I can get”.

Job security for 48+ hours - isn’t worth taking a £5ph pay cut to get FFS.

If anything, the lower the hourly rate - the LESS hours you want on that full time contract. At least that way you don’t have to do so many hours before the “time and a half” kicks in eh?

Full time 55hours per week, Monday-Friday, every other Saturday… Pfft!!!

People who pay an apparently big top line - are no help neither. It’s all about the Hourly rate, and should ALWAYS be about the hourly rate. NO firm will be so keen to run drivers ragged with 56-84 hour weeks IF they are paying top dollar by the hour for all hours of that… Just look at outfits like RM where you get the spanish inquisition if you try and book over the alloted time for any 318 these days… :angry:

Rev 13-10.jpg

“Slavery” is bad enough when inflicted upon one, but to choose it?