Pay Rise.

Looks like some of our fellow drivers will be getting a humongous pay rise in October.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-26543267

Now here’s the true maths. :wink:

Minimum wage rises 19p hour. Typical working week (non driving) tends to be 37 hours now. That gives a pre-tax increase of £7.03 or roughly £4.70 week after stoppages.

On a 37 hour week the new minimum wage of £6.50 in October will put people on a gross wage of £240.50, with a take home of around £220.

Woot! Bring on the dancing girls…

I think if I remember my maths from school (a long time ago) a percentage of f all is still f all!

But no doubt they’ll get ‘voted’ in again.

Do nowt, nowt changes as these shysters know full well.

Added to which they will be giving themselves this huge pay increase while they ■■■■ over the rest of the country, best way to get people into work is not to try and starve them into it but make minimum wage at least £8.00 an hour, a lot of people would not claim working tax credits so less people on benefits, more money to spend - everyone’s a winner.

These shysters just want you to doff your cap as they drive by in their Bentleys.

I thought the idea of a government was to look after its own people and not drive them into the gutter while they spend billions on useless projects because they have a mate in charge who needs a job (HS2) and send umpteen millions to countries that are wealthier than us … we so need a revolution in this land.

believe that and you will believe anything

Scrap HS2 & fill the bloody pot holes in!

brados:
Added to which they will be giving themselves this huge pay increase while they ■■■■ over the rest of the country, best way to get people into work is not to try and starve them into it but make minimum wage at least £8.00 an hour, a lot of people would not claim working tax credits so less people on benefits, more money to spend - everyone’s a winner. .

Yes that’s basic comonsense , but governments aren’t big in that department, not only this put if the wages got increased to something in line with living costs, there would be less jobs, because all those prentend jobs would vanish, government wouldn’t want that

brados:
These shysters just want you to doff your cap as they drive by in their Bentleys.

I thought the idea of a government was to look after its own people and not drive them into the gutter while they spend billions on useless projects because they have a mate in charge who needs a job (HS2) and send umpteen millions to countries that are wealthier than us … we so need a revolution in this land.

Ha , government look after the people ,lol when have they ever done this? they don’t really work for us , they work for what they can get out of the job, HS2 and other nonsense is jobs for the boys, and a big fat wedge of cash for those ministers and their associated corporations,
Your right we do need a revolution and the sooner the better

Another note does anyone watch that waste of space programe called question time on bbc?

I was watching it last night, and they had susan kramer a Lib dim MP on the pannel, and they where on the subject about a pay rise for doctors & nurses asking for a 1% pay rise or similar and that beehatch ain’t got any clue, she who is an ex Vice-President of a bank in the usa , she was spouting that the NHS needs reforms can’t afford blah blah , she is against them having a pay rise, how can someone like she say stuff like they shouldn’t get a pay rise when her ex buddies the bankers are responsible for the country being so deep in the brown stuff in the first place, i had to switch channel before i beat up the telly.loll beehatches like her really boil my ■■■■

brados:
we so need a revolution in this land.

correct :laughing: syrian :sunglasses: iraqi :smiley: pakistani :wink: or afghan :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: to do OUR DIRTY work after we’ve invaded THEIR countries and they’ve got here on the back of OUR trailers to EARN MINIMUM wage! :open_mouth: just couldn’t make it up, :unamused: or write a book! :bulb: these CRIMINALS should be done, hung and quartered for TREASON! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Jobs for the boys? :sunglasses: STOBRATS! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

surprised the scum have had time to debate this what with discussing the pros and cons of a 11% pay rise for themselves and upping their holidays from 23 to 24 weeks a year, there must be elections looming

brados:
we so need a revolution in this land.

OK. Get cracking and get one organised and let us all know how you get on.

November 5 do get up to speed old chap!!

Why do firms pay so little, That the workers can’t afford the products they make?

whats a pay rise

limeyphil:
Why do firms pay so little, That the workers can’t afford the products they make?

If they did that I would like a job at Bentley :laughing:

Chas:
Looks like some of our fellow drivers will be getting a humongous pay rise in October.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-26543267

ill be one of em tight buggers i work for

An example of how stupid some drivers here are…
Some years back on the first US company I drove for every driver got a cent per mile pay rise.
“Huh ! That’s not worth having” said one dumb twonk.
“Why’s do you think that ?” I asked, “How many miles per week do you average ?”
“2500” was his reply.
“Ok, so that’s 2500 miles at 1 cent per mile extra, that’s $25.00 per week or in a 4 week month $100.00 pay rise” …
A long silence followed by “How’d ya work that out ?” :laughing:

Don’t know how all those workers on minimum wages have the cheek to accept a pay rise they should be so grateful they have a job them politician are so nice offering a wage increase of 19p

The minimum wage is an experiment that’s totally back fired.
With many firms it has become the rate, Not the minimum.
The job to get round our way for many without much in the way of formal qualifications, Was on the bins. I know blokes that started on that job when they left school and didn’t go anywhere else. The wages were great, The minimum wage was introduced and the union couldn’t do a thing about it. All newcomers were on a 3rd of what the long term lads were on.

A lot of firms get round it by paying a “day rate” you end up working more hours for even less money!!