pay load

we have a double deck fridge trailer plated at 37ton the trailer weighs 13 ton empty the unit pulling it is plated at 44 ton which lets say weighs 8ton what is the maximum load we could put on this ■■ thanks in advance for your replies.

your trailor is only plated for 37 tonn so that is the gross weight you can run at.
37 - 13 = payload of 24 tonn

David5l:
your trailor is only plated for 37 tonn so that is the gross weight you can run at.
37 - 13 = payload of 24 tonn

don’t you need to take the weight of the unit off as well :wink:

37-13 - 8 = 16 tonnes

I would check the vehicle weights on a weighbridge though, both 13t for the trailer and 8t for the unit sounds a bit heavy

I would say that your payload is only 23 tonne as the truck weighs 8 and the trailer weighs 13 tonne giving 21 tonne. take that from your 44 t and load 23 tonne.

The plated weight of the trailer would not include the weight of the unit as that is a seperate vehicle with its own ministry plate.

this is confusing do you need to take into account the weight of the unit form the 37 ton plated trailer. as stated its a double deck fridge trailer weight plate says 13ton unladen weight the unit weight was rounded up for simplicity :laughing:

Put simply the Plated weight of the trailer is the maximum weight allowed for the trailer and the load (not including the unit)

So simply, your empty trailer at 13tons plus unit at 8 tons = unladen weight of 21tons. Your maximum payload is 44 tons-21tons= 23tons of payload.

Your trailer can hold a maximum payload of 24tons to reach it’s plated weight, but you’d need a unit weighing 7 tons or less to pull it and stay legal.

Hope that helps

Henrys cat:
Put simply the Plated weight of the trailer is the maximum weight allowed for the trailer and the load (not including the unit)

So simply, your empty trailer at 13tons plus unit at 8 tons = unladen weight of 21tons. Your maximum payload is 44 tons-21tons= 23tons of payload.

Your trailer can hold a maximum payload of 24tons to reach it’s plated weight, but you’d need a unit weighing 7 tons or less to pull it and stay legal.

Hope that helps

I said that, but you said it in English :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks Steve.