Pay for breaks?

spit the dog:

FLIP:

spit the dog:

FLIP:
I started in 1978 & whilst I’ve only changed employer a handful of times I must say that I have always had paid breaks…

Alright flip is that the one and only flipper or am i wrong?

Hey up Spit. Yes tis I!

How ya doing mate last time i see you was when i was on pjk thats some years ago what you up to now mate?

That’s a few memories ago shag.
Jacked european in 2001 did a bit on the tin boxes then a five stretch on Sainsbury’s at Hams Hall when it opened then moved to Stamford and got married and am now tramping the south, south west and Wales for Castle Cement on the tankers.
How 'bout you shag?

FLIP:

spit the dog:

FLIP:

spit the dog:

FLIP:
I started in 1978 & whilst I’ve only changed employer a handful of times I must say that I have always had paid breaks…

Alright flip is that the one and only flipper or am i wrong?

Hey up Spit. Yes tis I!

How ya doing mate last time i see you was when i was on pjk thats some years ago what you up to now mate?

That’s a few memories ago shag.
Jacked european in 2001 did a bit on the tin boxes then a five stretch on Sainsbury’s at Hams Hall when it opened then moved to Stamford and got married and am now tramping the south, south west and Wales for Castle Cement on the tankers.on mobile cranes mate have been fof a good few years now,miss the job sometimes but think we had the best years its not the same job now!
How 'bout you shag?

I am paid for breaks (For the time being)

I get payed from the minute I turn up at the yard to when I leave always have been yet if there’s something wants doing up the yard on my 45 ill do it so its a bit off give and take my misses gets her wages docked for her breaks she’s a chef and seems to be the norm I’m here profession too I suppose I take for granted being paid seems alot don’t anymore.

on agency so not paid for breaks
Ceva deduct an hour robbing dogs

George@ASDA driver:
from start to finish. When i’m on break, i’m in their truck, and on duty for them, taking a break i’m forced to take.

Why the hell shouldn’t I be paid? Can’t believe so many companies don’t pay.

Changed then? i understood from other George drivers that the first or even second break if reqd was unpaid, was i told wrong?

Take 30 mins off us per shift for meal break.

It’s always been like that so fair enough, BUT, if we take any excess breaks now they take that time off us as well (using the tracker readout)

Juddian:

George@ASDA driver:
from start to finish. When i’m on break, i’m in their truck, and on duty for them, taking a break i’m forced to take.

Changed then? i understood from other George drivers that the first or even second break if reqd was unpaid, was i told wrong?

yes, you were told wrong.

Been paid all through since I started 11 years ago.

George@ASDA driver:

Juddian:

George@ASDA driver:

Yes i was told wrong, very wrong.

This was an ex N’pton driver who’d jacked it in, maybe wanted to make it look bad.

Thanks for putting me right.

Juddian:

George@ASDA driver:

Juddian:

George@ASDA driver:

Yes i was told wrong, very wrong.

This was an ex N’pton driver who’d jacked it in, maybe wanted to make it look bad.

Thanks for putting me right.

i’m not surprised. There’s many long term drivers who still don’t have a clue about their T’s&C’s lol